News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Welcome! Introduce Yourself

Started by Danno, January 15, 2011, 11:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydroman

Welcome aboard, I know you will enjoy your new boat.

Jim
17 Sea Chaser (sold)
21 Skip Tower (sold)
27 Thunder Jet OS (sold)
22 Thunder Jet OS

Wolfwasp

Hello All from Port Angeles Washington USA.
We just moved here and are very pleased to have our first Arima Sea Chaser (17')
It's our first salt water boat and I had to do a lot of work on it, but now I'm ready to start learning how to fish in that big ol' ocean out there.
It's a little intimidating so I don't plan on roaming too far from the marina for now, but am really excited to learn the ins and outs. Especially how to catch a fish!
My wife and I did a little crabbing before Christmas and had a blast! It was a steep learning curve at first and we only got 6 keepers all together but what a great time we had.
I will no doubt become a bit of a pain asking a bunch of dumb questions but that should taper off as I learn a few tricks.
I will try to help where I can regarding fiberglass repairs as I learned a lot working in a shop where we did a lot of hand and spray layup and mold making.
And if anyone needs any info or help in the Port Angeles area just let me know and I will do my best.

La-Z-Buoy

Welcome Wolfwasp, glad to have you aboard. BTW there are no dumb questions so please ask away. Although you might get a few dumb answers most of the time you will get some pretty decent advice.

I, too, was intimidated about venturing into the ocean. For that matter, I still am. But better to be that way than to get overconfident. I pay very close attention to the Coast Guard bar reports and the surf advisory put out by NOAA. It's got to be pretty calm before I go out. And I always make sure the life jackets are on (everybody in the boat) and the radio works.

6 crab is a decent amount. Loading up the boat with limits of crab just means more work back home. It is a lot of fun.
Richard

2001 21' Sea Ranger HT
2017 DF 140 Suzuki, Honda 8

Mooch

Wolf, welcome aboard.  You'll love your Arima for the straits.  Surf won't be much problem up there, but wind and current can sure make things uncomfortable at times.  In the summer though, thick fog can often surprise you.  I've been stuck in it many times, before i got radar.  Be sure to check out CQ and NB areas too.  There's lots to explore in your Arima and BC is not out of reach of your 17' either.  Enjoy.
Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

mustang65fbk

Quote from: Scottjohnson59 on March 12, 2019, 09:37:45 AM
Hello, I'm new to this site and Arima ownership. My name is Scott and I live in the Milton area. I just bought a 19 sea chaser HT It was custom built in 1992 it is powered with a 225 Yamaha a 9.9 with tr1-gold and more electronics than any one man can ever learn to use.... should be the most awesome fishing boat I've ever owned, and I have had some nice boats looking forward to fishing this one.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you bought the below boat?  If not, yours sounds almost identical in terms of the boat and motor.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/d/tacoma-arima-19-sea-chaser-hard-top/6826432376.html
2003 21' Sea Ranger Skip Top
2003 Honda 130hp 4 Stroke

Scottjohnson59

yep that's the one the thing has been garaged since the day it was born
Scott in Milton
19 Sea Chaser skip top 1994
150 Yamaha 2019 9.9 Yamaha 2020
Furuno Radar and Never Again Garmin electronics

sailajay45

I am a new owner of a 1997 Arima 19 Sea Ranger with an Evinrude E-Tech 115 HP motor. The boat will go in the water this spring. I am wondering if any Arima 19 owners out there can tell me of any idiosyncrasies the boat has that I should know about when I first take the boat out. I live on the coast north of Boston Massachusetts and the outlet to the Atlantic where I will be using the boat has bars at the entrance that generate large swells on an easterly wind and an outgoing tide. How does the Arima 19 handle when in a fairly large following sea? Thanks.

Mooch

Welcome aboard Sailajay.  Sounds like you got a great rig.  I don't have a 19', but I think you'll find it will handle more than most folks are comfortable with.  They are a very seaworthy boat.  When it comes to following seas coming across a bar, can't say I'm ever comfortable, but that 19' will handle fine if you do your part. Enjoy.
Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

mustang65fbk

Quote from: sailajay45 on March 20, 2019, 07:46:15 AM
I am a new owner of a 1997 Arima 19 Sea Ranger with an Evinrude E-Tech 115 HP motor. The boat will go in the water this spring. I am wondering if any Arima 19 owners out there can tell me of any idiosyncrasies the boat has that I should know about when I first take the boat out. I live on the coast north of Boston Massachusetts and the outlet to the Atlantic where I will be using the boat has bars at the entrance that generate large swells on an easterly wind and an outgoing tide. How does the Arima 19 handle when in a fairly large following sea? Thanks.

I'd ask this question in the Arima Life section and see what kind of responses you get.  I don't think there are a ton of Arima owners on the east coast, as it's a PNW boat company, but there are some.  Congrats on your boat, have fun with it and like Mooch said, they're a very stable boat that can take a ton of abuse and keep going.  Good luck and pictures are always appreciated!

LakeHouse4305

I now officially own an Arima! Just got home after hauling a 21 SR HT from Florida - - 2700 miles roundtrip. Bought the boat in November and had to wait for the snow to melt....

Mooch

Congrats, LaheHouse.  She looks hot.

Fisherdv

Yes, that is a very nice looking boat 👍. I bet you can't wait to get her wet!
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

mustang65fbk

Quote from: LakeHouse4305 on April 01, 2019, 06:00:33 PM
I now officially own an Arima! Just got home after hauling a 21 SR HT from Florida - - 2700 miles roundtrip. Bought the boat in November and had to wait for the snow to melt....

Is yours the one with the white ETEC that was listed several times out of like St. Augustine? I did a road trip like you did two years ago from Seattle to Oxford, MD and back. It was just over 6,000 miles round trip and was a ton of fun. Welcome to the forum.

Doozer

Hello all. New owner of a 1984 Arima SE. Have been reading up on all the outstanding advice and insight you all have here and look forward to "bending an ear" or two as well as to (hopefully) share some amazing Arima fishing pic and trips. Look forward to getting to you you all. Thank you in advance.

LakeHouse4305

Mustang - yes, this is the St. Augustine boat that was listed and unlisted several times. The seller was adamant about dealing only with someone local. Lucky for me my brother lives in that area and he was able to do the deal. The engine is a 2017 Suzuki 140 with less than 100 hours.

We did take advantage of the FL weather and went for a quick spin before heading out of town:

GregE

WELKome aboard folks.  Nice catch LH

Looking forward to some pics Doozer.
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Tesoro

I have made a handful of posts here but not as an owner. Now I am so I will intro myself!
Raised in Oregon - hunt fish dive - and then moved to Belize for 23 years - dive fish and treasure hunt - and now back home living in Brookings to fish and hunt in that order.
Been back 6 years and had a slew of North Rivers but when I moved to the coast decided its time for a true salty boat because the Aluminums have too many corrosion issues (where you cant see).  Arima was my pick and soon realized the best fit for me was the 21. And of course also the hardest to find but the fish god was looking out for me and I landed a beauty. 2009 fully equipped for salmon/tuna with yam 150/8 power. The original owner used it for 4 seasons and then decided to move on to another adventure. He was part of the family of the battlefish fellow who has the 3x300hp fast boat on the show. He also passed on to me his gear as a bonus. Unfortunately since I got it a few days back the wx has been bad and badder so havent had a chance to go play in the waves. A few pics on the way home this week.
2009 21HT Yam 150/8 'Hogfish'

I'd rather be drinking in a bar wishing I was on the ocean, than be on the ocean wishing I was in a bar.

Red 22

Welcome - looks like the PO set it up nicely, How's the electronics we're here to help you spend your money on that.
Tony

05' Red Legend 22 skip tower, Honda 225, Honda 9.9,  Garmin 740s, Garmin HD 18 radar Garmin GHP10 auto-pilot
"I've always wanted to sail to the south seas, but I can't afford it." What these men can't afford is not to go.
-Sterling Hayden

Mooch

Congrats Tesoro.  Enjoy.  Looking forward to your seasoned contributions.

Tesoro

Quote from: Red 22 on April 06, 2019, 08:15:54 AM
Welcome - looks like the PO set it up nicely, How's the electronics we're here to help you spend your money on that.

Thanks but for the first time I bought a used boat that I wont be upgrading electronics or re-wiring right away! 12in simrad evo, airmar and structure scan, 4g radar and raymarine pilot. All installed by a company that does yacht electronics. So there really is a fish god!
2009 21HT Yam 150/8 'Hogfish'

I'd rather be drinking in a bar wishing I was on the ocean, than be on the ocean wishing I was in a bar.

Norcalfish80

Hey all, I recently became an Arima owner and figured I should introduce myself. My name is Austin, and I live in the SF Bay Area. I first started boating in a small Avon as a very young boy, and have fished a Boston Whaler Montauk for the last 10 or so years. I decided it was time to move up, and that an Arima was the boat for me as I wanted something bigger with a cabin. I had the great fortune of seeing a post from GregE about potentially finding a new home for his 19 HT.

I've never had such a pleasant experience buying a vehicle, and can't say enough good things about Greg and Judy. Got the boat home over the weekend, and I'm sure I'll be a regular poster here once I have the boat registered and fishing! Always happy to take folks out fishing, so if anyone is in the Bay Area and boatless let me know and we can get out for a day on the water. I'll post some pictures once I figure out how, but am currently getting an "image too large" error message.
19HT, Yamaha 115
North Bay Area, CA

GregE

Pictures, you say!??   

I have a few......   :wink:

I know this worthy craft is going to get a lot more use than the 247 hours she has on the Yami 115.   :clap:

pic tips  http://www.arimaowners.com/index.php?topic=2561.0

Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Mooch

GregE spreading the Arima love.  Glad she found a good home.  Welcome aboard NorCal and enjoy!

Norcalfish80

Very excited to get her out on the water, and will post some pics of our first trip together!
19HT, Yamaha 115
North Bay Area, CA

ABLE

I'm glad I thought to do a search for Arima owners!
I have a 17' SeaRanger that is currently powered by a 115 Yamaha 2 stroke. I'm in the California Bay Area and fish the Bay and Delta and just started fishing out of the Eureka area. My boat is in pretty good shape, I bought it from my father-n-law, though like every boat there are project/repairs/upgrades to be done. Look forward to reading your comments and providing a few myself.
ABLE