News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Welcome! Introduce Yourself

Started by Danno, January 15, 2011, 11:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

croaker stroker

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Danno

Quote from: ABLE on April 12, 2019, 04:20:11 PM
I'm glad I thought to do a search for Arima owners!
I have a 17' SeaRanger that is currently powered by a 115 Yamaha 2 stroke. I'm in the California Bay Area and fish the Bay and Delta and just started fishing out of the Eureka area. My boat is in pretty good shape, I bought it from my father-n-law, though like every boat there are project/repairs/upgrades to be done. Look forward to reading your comments and providing a few myself.

Another No Cal Arima. Woot!   :cha:
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

mustang65fbk

Lots of good looking Arima's purchased lately.  Welcome to the family everyone.   :beerchug:
2003 21' Sea Ranger Skip Top
2003 Honda 130hp 4 Stroke

Fwp

New to Arima boats on the east coast. Hopefully a great choice for Chesapeake Bay fishing and close in offshore cobia :fishing: ing.
Arima Sea Ranger 19
Boating & 🎣ing for fun on my first Arima

Yachter Yat

Fwp, welcome.  I like that full overhead canvas.   Been "threatening" doing something like that on mine for years.   

Yat
History is not the past; it's the present, as we all carry it with us......James Baldwin    
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

B-TownRanger

Hi All! Thought I would jump in an say hi. Been lurking for a while and finally got the go-ahead from the boss to get my boat. :mememe: Prob looking at a used 17 SR but haven't seen any in person yet. Would love a 19, but doesn't look like it's in the budget. Also need to see a 17 SC, but I think the larger cutty on SR will be good for the kiddos (4 and 8). Budget ~$15k. Will be my first boat (spent some time on others, but never owned one). Mostly for Puget sound fishing, but would love to explore the San Juan's and trailer over to Chelan. Thanks to all the active members for helping me settle on a size and model!
1989 Sea Ranger 19 - 2004 BF150 Honda

Fishermon

I am totally new here but am on my second Arima. I graduated from a '90 Hunter to a '04 Ranger, 15 to 17. I have a lot of questions but find this site difficult to navigate. Look for more from me in the months to come. Newport, Oregon (I pinned it on the map.

Markshoreline

Once you learn how the site is organized you can find what you need.
Here's a tip- just to the right of the top picture there are the faint words ArimaOwners.com.  Click once on that and the search window will appear right below.  Enter whatever you like and be prepared to see lots of results.  Welcome to the site!
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

SoCalAngler

Hello all--

New to Arimas as of today....1988 Sea Sprinter!

Live in SoCal.  Fish local SoCal fresh water lakes, CO River, Lake Mohave, and inshore salt (La Jolla Kelp Patties, Horseshoe Kelp, Palos Verdes, and generally inshore SoCal salt between LA Harbor and San Diego).

I hope to learn about Arimas and share as much as I can!

Thanks!!
1988 Arima Sea Sprinter; '98 Honda BF50hp
1988 EZ Loader Galvanized Roller Trailer
Located in......?

ej1

Hello Everyone

Just thought I'd say hello to everyone. I'm a long time Arima admirer who just recently purchased an older 21 Ranger ST with newer motors. Hope to enjoy my new to me boat for a long long time.  :gone_fishing:

-Jay
2004 Sea Ranger 21 ST - 2015 Evinrude 150

Fisherdv

Welcome Jay, great looking boat  :clap:
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

mustang65fbk

Quote from: Fisherdv on June 04, 2019, 09:08:06 PM
Welcome Jay, great looking boat  :clap:

:yeahthat:  Although I might be slightly biased  :jester:  What year boat is it Jay?

amazing grace

Welcome ej, where are you? And there is no such thing as an "Older" 21'er! :cha:
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

ej1

Quote from: mustang65fbk on June 04, 2019, 09:29:04 PM
:yeahthat:  Although I might be slightly biased  :jester:  What year boat is it Jay?

She's 2004. Maybe she's not that old after all, she's only 15.

ej1

Quote from: amazing grace on June 04, 2019, 09:43:21 PM
Welcome ej, where are you? And there is no such thing as an "Older" 21'er! :cha:

I'm in Santa Clarita, California. About 30 miles north of Los Angeles.

mustang65fbk

85seahunter

Hello all, John here from San Jose, CA.  Just recently purchased a 85 Sea Hunter for what I thought was a amazing deal.  Well I found out why I scored a Arima for so cheap.  Someone setup the new bunks on the trailer incorrectly and caused extensive keel damage.  She will be going to the fiberglass guy soon to be fixed up as well as a couple other things I wanted filled.  Looking forward to chatting with you all.  Tight lines.   
1985 Arima Sea Hunter - 2020 Honda BF60

Salishseaman

Hi all. Chris here from Vancouver Island. Just purchased my first  Arima after running a C-Dory 16 for many years. Bought an 84 Sea Hunter in excellent shape from Mike in Sechelt BC. The Craigslist ad was mentioned  in the sale section on this site. Looking forward to picking your collective brains in the days ahead.
Cheers
82 Sea Hunter 15. 2014 Yamaha F75

mustang65fbk

Welcome aboard, nice username  :beerchug:

J Chaser

Welcome Chris. I'm up the road from you.

John
Sea Chaser 1511, Yamaha F70, Yamaha F6 kicker

aolney

Recently bought a 1998 19 foot Sea Ranger. We are new to boating and this site has a ton of great info. Thanks!

Andy
1998 Sea Ranger 19
2000 Yamaha 115

Danno

2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

mustang65fbk

:yeahthat:  And pictures are always appreciated!

pickle_rick

Greetings, all,

I don't own an Arima...yet. I fish the Columbia and Willamette rivers in a 16' Smokercraft Osprey, but the sea beckons. I've heard good things about Arimas, so I figured I'd lurk around here and learn as much as I can before making the leap.

Cheers,
Rick

:fishing:

MarkL

Hi there; not an Arima owner.  But, hoping to be.  I'm a retired Mfg. Engineer from the electronics industry, and live in Stanwood, Washington.  (Roughly an hour north of Seattle.)

I've been lurking on this forum, as a guest, for a very long time (years, really.  It's embarrassing...).  my prior boating experience includes 8' and 13' sailboats, a 17 foot Bayliner, and a 10' Livingston.  I also have several other boats: kayaks, canoe, etc.  Love the water!

I'm not really a fisherman; more of an explorer who needs to be near or on the water.  However, my son and son in law do love to fish. And I like to steer...

My ideal Arima is the SE 1511.  Small is better for me, as I will most often be boating alone.  The cuddy cabin is a necessity, for spousal approval.  I don't want a Sea Ranger 17, or other larger choices, as I don't want the extra size.  And I really would like to have a cuddy cabin.  I enjoy cruising the Snohomish River, boating the larger lakes around here, and boating on the Sound.

Oh, and a 4 stroke or very modern two stroke is desired.  There are some lakes (like Whatcom) which don't allow older two strokes.  And we are up that way fairly often.  And, we recently bought a larger property with a shop that needs filling...!

Other hobbies include building/flying radio controlled airplanes (need to get back into this).  Also I do a lot of landscaping and home improvement projects (likely related to the previously mentioned spousal thing...).

Greeting all!  -MarkL-
1984 SE 16
2018 Yamaha F70