News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Arima Hard Top - Craigslist Portland - $50 (Not mine)

Started by B-TownRanger, December 01, 2020, 02:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydroman

If any one need to have it picked up I could do it and store at my place in Cathlamet WA until you could pick it up or make arrangement to ship.

Jim
17 Sea Chaser (sold)
21 Skip Tower (sold)
27 Thunder Jet OS (sold)
22 Thunder Jet OS

kriznol

Hey, I just sent you a PM with my phone number. I was the first to call on the CL post, but I'm in Coos Bay and he said the first person to give him $50 gets it. And he doesn't want to do PayPal. I'll owe you a beer if you can help me out.

Hydroman

I could pick it up on Thursday and float you the $50.  I'm going crabbing tomorrow.

Jim
17 Sea Chaser (sold)
21 Skip Tower (sold)
27 Thunder Jet OS (sold)
22 Thunder Jet OS

headduck

Was that a skip top? Man $50 for a bait lid would have been a good deal...  :doh:
2003 19' Sea Ranger Skip Top 2015 Mercury 115 2012 Evinrude 9.8

1987 17' Sea Ranger 90 Honda (sold)

Danno

Quote from: headduck on December 02, 2020, 07:04:20 AM
Was that a skip top? Man $50 for a bait lid would have been a good deal...  :doh:

It was a hard top lid without the hatch covers. Still a decent deal based on what I saw of the pictures. SeattleFlyFisher took one of those and put it on his Arima and it looked great. Better than the skips top.
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

Hunter

Quote from: Danno on December 02, 2020, 10:09:23 AM
Quote from: headduck on December 02, 2020, 07:04:20 AM

It was a hard top lid without the hatch covers. Still a decent deal based on what I saw of the pictures. SeattleFlyFisher took one of those and put it on his Arima and it looked great. Better than the skips top.

And I still think you could make the hatch covers out of lightweight tinted plexiglass to have a custom skylight solution! 
2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

kriznol

Well, I just bought myself a hard top. I was on my computer when the CL notification came up, and was the first person to call on it. I'm 5 hours away and the guy wanted cash payment to hold it, but luckily I have an Uncle in Portland who was kind enough to make the drive and get him some money.

This will be going on my 19' SR eventually. I have a few different ideas on what to do with it. At first I was thinking skip top, but a pilot house might be a cool way to go as well. I've seen a boat around town (Coos Bay) that has a pilot house that I believe was made with the same top, and it looks really slick. I'll probably start a thread in the general forum to solicit ideas and photos.

Hunter, I like your idea for plexiglass sunroofs. I'll have to think about that. I was thinking I'd probably just do removeable canvas panels that snap to the top. I sent Arima an e-mail inquiring about factory fiberglass panels, but I'm guessing they'll be $$$$ if they're even available.

ohmytodd

1997 Sea Ranger 19 Skip Top Hey Nineteen, 2021 Suzuki DF140, 2019 Suzuki DF9.9

martin3

I'd call that a score and a half.

Congrats on the find.

MJM3

1990 SR Skip Top  "Gypsea Soul"
2013 Etec 115H.O.

headduck

I rolled a c dory for a moment and really didnt appreciate the disconnect from the water caused by the pilot house. Much quieter and almost sterile for lack of a better term. I like the sounds and smells of the water and the pilot house took too much away.

Can imagine it's a bit more comfortable in the cold wet season and perhaps more secure if camping at the dock though.

For the me, the skip top is the perfect compromise.

Either way, killer score man.

2 cents for sure... but on sale half off.
2003 19' Sea Ranger Skip Top 2015 Mercury 115 2012 Evinrude 9.8

1987 17' Sea Ranger 90 Honda (sold)

Liberty Call

My 2 cents, I love my pilot house with drop curtains.  I'll roll them down and spark up Mr. Buddy Heater.  BOOM! I think the PH is a perfect idea.  Also I think Plexiglas is another great idea.  My roof panels are solid but can be removed.  I haven't taken them off yet but look forward to it this summer.  Keep us posted.