News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Review of new custom top for my SE 16'

Started by Chasin Baitman, December 23, 2013, 11:15:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

familyrig

Thanks for the info on towing.  I need the new top to tow easily.  I am sick of putting it up and down.
1999 Sea Explorer 75hp Yamaha 6HP Suzuki/ 1990 Sea Ranger 17' 90 hp Honda

CompTime

familyrig

Just think of it as something that can and will wear out at sometime as its not built to be permanent.

It varies for most, but if you plan to tow accrossed the state at freeway speeds it won't help it last. Shorter freeway trips are made by many. I choose to take mine down for freeway travel and leave it up for the in town and 30-50 mph arterial speeds.
SEA RANGER 19 /GOT-BAIT?

Markshoreline

:yeahthat:

You can tow on the highway a bit, but you'll soon see something flapping that will cause damage.  I prefer to put the top down unless it is in winter and the vinyl is cold so it is too hard to snap together, so I'll just drive 55 mph or so.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Leadline

Thats a great canvas. Is yours a 16' too?

Sent from my SGH-I717M using Tapatalk