News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Any of you guys have a clean older diesel truck?

Started by Ssericz, June 02, 2021, 11:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiley

I see Hunter has his priorities right !!! The truck and the boat have both been washed with Warm Water faithfully!!!
However, that side of the Garage or House are a bit overdue for some fresh paint !!! :beerchug:

Like I said Priorities... lol :jester:
86 c Dory 22' new 90 hp etec (sold)
96 sea explorer 15'-11" new 90 etec named (wutz wuzn cuzn)
10' Don Hill Pram
Respectfully, Build, Buy, Be American
Please bring back logging, we can't afford to keep burning up our country!!!

amazing grace

I have been looking for several  years. Would love to add one to the fleet. But with my budget and criteria it has been unobtainium for me. I could of added a 2wd but need 4wd. I could probably trade my C-Dory or Arima for one. Not sure I want to do that right now. Thinking about it though. Otherwise I will keep my eyes peeled for one. I know there is one out there. I could also trade my 2010 low mileage Tundra for one. Don't really want to do that either.

If any of you have a family members or a neighbor that has one. I might be the guy. :wink:
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

RiverTec_Chris

my 2006 5.9 just hit 100k miles, but in no way am I'm selling her... A local dealer's manager called me to offered me $28K while it was having the trans serviced, I laughed and said no thanks   :mememe:

Owner of River Tec - www.RIVERTEC.net
89' 19' Arima SR - repowered *Sold
04' Grady White Seafarer 228
04' Willie Drift Boat 17x60
92' 17' SR - repowered *Sold

Scottjohnson59

My 26yo daughter took mine without permission (stole it while Jennie and I were away) wrecked it parked it in the driveway and refused to admit what she hit or that she took it. I have video system that recorder her take it and then bring it home wrecked she just moved out. I believe she hit and ran somebody but cant know for sure. I put in a call to police but they had no report? I just had to order a 2021 F150 nice truck they found one just they way I ordered from factory on a lot in Puyallup got it yesterday and I thought there was a truck shortage.... bought new because very little difference on price between new and used  :stirthepot:
Scott in Milton
19 Sea Chaser skip top 1994
150 Yamaha 2019 9.9 Yamaha 2020
Furuno Radar and Never Again Garmin electronics

Wiley

Scottjohnson59, I'm saddened to read your story as I'm sure it must be heartbreaking for you. Hope you love your new truck and your daughter one day realizes
10' Don Hill Pram

croaker stroker

Scott, you really got lucky finding a new truck. I am going on 12 weeks waiting for mine to be built, and three more to ship it from the factory.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer -  2024 Suzuki DF90a
2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec -**SOLD**
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Wiley

Quote from: croaker stroker on July 24, 2021, 10:48:37 AM

Scott, you really got lucky finding a new truck. I am going on 12 weeks waiting for mine to be built, and three more to ship it from the factory.

I ordered the new Ford Maverick about 5 weeks ago. All I get is it will be out sometime in the fall. Lol  :shrug9:
10' Don Hill Pram

Scottjohnson59

Anybody got the new ford towmax tow package with trailer monitoring? I ordered the tpms sensors with hub temp but don't think I want to put in a camera on the back of the trailer that gets wet. I don't see any advantage to that view with all the other cameras on the truck so I didn't buy it an I missing something? everything works fine without it that I can tell
Scott in Milton
19 Sea Chaser skip top 1994
150 Yamaha 2019 9.9 Yamaha 2020
Furuno Radar and Never Again Garmin electronics

croaker stroker

I opted out of the towing camera on my new Ram. It shows a view as if there were no trailer.

I'll use the Old School mirrors.  :jester:

It did come with the knob that steers the truck in reverse when backing up a trailer.....which I'll probably never use either.  :shrug9:

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

polarbill1999

I have the reverse knob on my 2019 f150.  Have never touched it. 
Brett
1996 Sea Chaser 16 the "Rhumb Runner"
70hp Envinrude VRO
6hp Tohatsu 4 stroke

Wiley

That's pretty cool looking though C.S.

The guy I took with me on my last trip has the trailer assist on his F150. I still had to back it in for him as it kept loosing contact with the target on his trailer, or something like that he said ?
10' Don Hill Pram

amazing grace

So I am reviving this thread since after many years of wanting a diesel and looking for a pre emission diesel and not willing to pay an arm and a leg just for the privilege to own one. I found one. Actually my brother found it.
I bought a new Chevy in 2004 with duramax and Allison combo. Ended up trading it for a gas 2500 that was a turd off the lot, new. Went to back to Tundras for a couple of decades with no issues.

Missed the 04' and always figured I would end up with another diesel at some point for towing and HD work tasks I always seem to be involved in .
But the prices always turned me away as it is more of want than a need. I was not willing to throw tens of thousands at the want. No way.

So my brother had a neighbor that died. He had a gen 2 Dodge 3/4ton 4wd clubcab  that he bought new. Has about 240k on it. Decent shape. No serious rust issues. No dash issue. Had it looked over. Needs some front end and steering work. Then just service and some maintenance stuff.
Probably about $5k worth. So bought it right. Can throw the $5k at it to bring it up to snuff and be in it a few thousand under what I could sell it for. So figure that is not a bad deal.  Hope it will go another 250k.
The only thing that scares me abit is the tranny. Seem's solid. Do not know any history on the truck so we are  thinking it is original and know that was a bit of an achiles heel on them. He did not tow heavy loads with it so there is that.
It is not what I would call a peach as the roof and hood have the normal paint issues. But I would call it a strong 7.5 or 8. So I am hopeful it will serve me well.

Oh, and I do not have it just yet. My brother in Or. is handling the purchase and the work on it. Should be out of the shop next week. Then off to Or. at some point and then to Wa.   
Seems like lots of irons in the fire. Man I am glad summer is over.  :facepalm:

All good now :flagwave:
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

croaker stroker

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

amazing grace

1989 22' C-Dory Angler

croaker stroker

Thanks AG. I was lucky. I got the stents put in and the next day up and back to normal. Doctor released me to play Racquetball after only three days rest.

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

amazing grace

1989 22' C-Dory Angler

croaker stroker

My first long drive with the new truck. Pretty good average mileage  :beerchug:

Range would be over 800 miles.  :bigshock:

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Wiley

10' Don Hill Pram

croaker stroker

Here's a surprise. ... I got better fuel mileage coming back over the Grapevine and through heavy L.A. traffic.   :bigshock:

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Redhawk

Boy am I jealous of that mileage.. :berry: managed to pick up this hunk of steel last June for $5800, running and driving. About 2k in work later (some preventative) took her 850 miles to school, averaged 15.2 mpg with all my stuff and a minor return line leak. Put on a 3" downpipe with a 4 inch cat-back and she gets 16.8 highway now with 4.10s spinning 32s and the fuel leak.

Sparhawk:
1983 Tiderunner 150 Cuddy
1995 Mercury 60 2-stroke
1984 Evinrude 6 2-stroke

croaker stroker

That's a great deal. The bed alone is probably worth a lot.

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

headduck

Really like the OBS fords. Getting harder to find for sure.

30 mph in a puller... so nice.
2003 19' Sea Ranger Skip Top 2015 Mercury 115 2012 Evinrude 9.8

1987 17' Sea Ranger 90 Honda (sold)

Redhawk

Quote from: croaker stroker on February 21, 2022, 10:44:52 PM

That's a great deal. The bed alone is probably worth a lot.
I sure was happy, especially since the guy was asking $7k. Bed is solid so I might get $1-2k for it, but at 8x10 it's a bit bigger than most are looking for.
Sparhawk:
1983 Tiderunner 150 Cuddy
1995 Mercury 60 2-stroke
1984 Evinrude 6 2-stroke