News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Woody's 17' SC

Started by woody, July 24, 2013, 02:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woody

REFERRAL:  I have not included pictures, instead refer you to my gallery with years of documentation.

1988 17' SC.  2nd owner. Always a garage queen.

Engines:  90hp '88 Johnson 2 Stroke, maintained at the highest level. Compression 2 years ago within 2 at 134. Usual slow 2 stroke start, then a work horse.  Powers
              at 32-34 mph loaded. VRO disconnected and oil mix in main.

9.9 2006 4 Stroke Remote, electric start kicker. Prop guard. 6 gal tank. Pro Toll Master for fine throttle adjustments.

Trailer:     E Z Loader single axle.  No rust, prime condition. All rollers replaced 4-5 years ago. Swivel tongue (the best diagonal joint) to allow storage in a regular garage.
               Surge disc brakes, 90% pads. Tires 2 years old spare excellent.  Small walkway on tongue.

Electronics: Lowrance LMS 324 C GPS/Depth/FF with Fish'in Chip. Newer marine radio, wired to GPS for emergencies. Newer AM/FM disc marine radio.  Speakers were
                 removed on installation of remote kicker, but new speakers included. Old CB working radio.

Hull:          Check our "Straight From Factory" listings to see specs. No wood in stringers.  Couple of small dock rashes only. Wood paneling, but pristine because it   
                 was garaged all its life. SC cuddy with Porty Potty that has never been used.  Can use with door closed I'm told. Newer Arima Wave decals, SC and 17' decals.

Has huge aluminum seat boxes with storage surpassing regular companion seats on both sides.  Four Arima seats all under cover when top is up.

Fish boxes have plastic boxes.  Lids are solid with no sag or movement. Small factory swim step.

Equipment:  Includes Crab davit, mounted on boat. Very secure anchor cradle with Columbia river anchor, rode, chain. river ball and puller.

Canvas:      As new (truly) Sunbrella top, custom made with added length to cover all seats.  Pocket seams with extra heavy clear glass.  Side curtains, three piece drop
                  curtain, boot and custom slant top for mooring or camping. Canvas worth drooling over.

Price:  $9,000.  However, if anyone is interested I have an extremely generous discount to any "hook up and leave" purchaser.  By that I mean bring your tow vehicle, pull it out of the garage and take it home. You will save big $$$ this way.  My health is such testing is a real problem and with new radiation and chemo appointments my time is limited. If test drives are requested I'll recruit one of the Rats to assist. Will honor their schedules however.

Other items:  Buyer should bring extra monies for crab electric puller, reels and rods (salmon, halibut, bass fly and salmon fly). Extra river ball (one 150', one 300'), inflatable PFD's and just about anything to fish. Tons of hard terminal tackle and several crab traps.

All safety equipment will be on boat.  Simple PFD's, flares, etc.

Understand, I am approachable but will be firm.

For all you guys wondering, the old big C has once again reared its head and took a big bite out of my butt. Since I'm 3 1/2 years older then the 3 months first predicted  on initial diagnosis I'm not as optimistic as before. Then again, this old RN is a realist and is willing to call a spade a spade.

Like to sell, but am willing to do consignment if necessary. This rig is worth running as is and while you enjoy the water, start a slush find for new/used 4 stroke.

Woody

Seattleflyfisher

This boat with all that is said would be a great boat to have. That canvas top you have is stunning! What a great opportunity for someone to have a cherry boat. My only question.......how do you prove the potty has not been used :1zhelp:

SFF

GregE

Wow Woody,  sorry you are selling your boat but more so that the cancer is back. 
Prayers for strength and perserverance my friend!!.
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Caston

Sorry to hear about this woody, I enjoyed your company when we picked up the boat and have much appreciation for all of your advice. I will be hoping for the best for you.
'94 Sea Chaser 17
'97 Honda 90
'99 Honda 8
everyone goes home

amazing grace

Woody, Thoughts and prayers headed your way my friend.

It would be an honor to take ownership of your beautiful chaser. Unfortunately I have already got a couple Arima's :whistle:

Someone is going to get a great boat.

Take good care and keep us posted.
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

StreamFixer

Quote from: Seattleflyfisher on July 24, 2013, 02:50:47 PM
....how do you prove the potty has not been used :1zhelp:

SFF

YOU could apply the sniff or the lick test for us if that is a serious concern   :wink: :jester:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

croaker stroker

Woody,

Don't loose hope. There will be plenty of us praying for you. I know you are a realist, but regardless of the odds, you never really know what your outcome will be. Nobody does. You have already beaten the odds. Who's to say you won't continue to surprise the doctors? You are a survivor.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Salmon King

Woody,

My prayers and hopes for you and yours will surely echo those of every other member of the ABOG.

I had no idea you had ever gone a few rounds with the big "C".  I am saddened to hear about it now.
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

GoodDays

Prayers for you Woody !!  If you ever can, you are welcome in my camp at Nootka ! Anytime !

Good days Greg

Sea Bear

More prayers coming your way, Woody.  When you get feeling better, I'm sure there are plenty of us who would welcome you to ride port side. Good luck, my friend.  I hope you stick around here, because I've always appreciated your advice & sense of humor.  Best wishes,  Kevin
1981 Arima Sea Chaser 17'
Evinrude 70hp 2 stroke & Evinrude 9.5 Sportwin

www.americanbroomshop.com

Salmon King

Quote from: Sea Bear on July 24, 2013, 08:13:25 PM
More prayers coming your way, Woody.  When you get feeling better, I'm sure there are plenty of us who would welcome you to ride port side. Good luck, my friend.  I hope you stick around here, because I've always appreciated your advice & sense of humor.  Best wishes,  Kevin

Port side my foot!   :bigshock:
I need a break from the helm!!   :dance:
Woody can drive while I fish!!!    :fishing:
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

Markshoreline

Woody,
I was worried from the subject line what you ended up saying.  The boat is a perfect Arima and I hope someone who can appreciate it takes it home, though I hate the thought of you needing to sell it.  My thoughts are with you man, and you have a big team here rooting for you!  GO  WOODY!!!! :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

fishorcrab

Woody's fish catching boat is as he says. That 2 stroke outruns any smoke and the 4 stroke kicker is what you will be running when trolling anyway.  Never mind the bullet holes in the engine cowling.  :hoboy:

Woody,

Hang in there and fight.  We're pulling and praying for you and have no desire to let you off the hook. 

Paul

SC16 Yamaha 4s 90
SP17 Honda 4s 90  - Croaker made me do it. :)

ak-angler

My thoughts are with you Woody.
1985 Sea Ranger 17 Skiff Top with 2012 Suzuki DF90A - Sold

2007 Cape Cruiser Marinaut 26 with twin 2006 Honda BF90's

theSaltyPuddle

Woody, good luck with your sale and better luck with your health. 
1985 SC 17, 2017 Mercury 90Hp

wedocq

Woody,
You got to stick around a while longer. Who's going to keep these PDX Rats in line? :shrug9: My family will be keeping you and yours in our thoughts and prayers.
-Shawn
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

finfinn

Will be thinking about you, Woody. Glad we actually got to fish together, even though it was on Russ's previous boat :wink:. Will be looking for you when I come over.

Raimo
Had a glorious SR19 Finnesse.
You can not change the length of your life, but boating does increase its width and depth.

Threeweight

Woody, that boat is a beauty and whomever buys her is going to be a lucky, lucky skipper.  Keep fighting the good fight, sir, and keep us all honest.  If you feel like a boat ride, or a fishing trip, just put out the word and you will have your choice of Arima's to hoe for!
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

woody

Jumping in for a big "thank you and hugs" to all.  I have to say, the response has really been wonderful.  Now an observation.  The responds has been exactly what I had expected.  All these years with the group has made it very evident that we take care of each other and reach out in times of difficulty.

So Jean and I feel your love and will communicate what's happening and accept the help you will give us when we need it.  Russ just spent today with me "tiding up things" prior to the start of chemo.  He's representative of this group and a great friend who is always there for us. All the Rats have sincerely offered encouragement  and support when needed.

Thanks to everyone,

Woody 

legasea

1988 17' sea ranger

BBQJohn

Woody,

Prayers from John and Leslie....we just heard from Streamfixer...

You were the first person I contacted when I first started with the Arima Owners....and yes, we have not fished often enough.  :fishing:

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help....anything!!
'90 17-Sea Pacer
'13 Yamaha 115 4s
'13 Yamaha T9.9 4s
'20 Garmin RK-40

Tunacious

Woody,
Good Luck with your sale of the boat and I will be praying for your recovery. 
"Penny"

jrd

Hello Woody. I'm sorry to hear about your health, and wish you the best. I just PM'd you, but am not sure if that's the best way to reply to your listing, but I am interested in your boat. Please message me back if you haven't sold it yet.

JD

woody

My little sweetheart has been sold.  Three ArimOwnersGroup guys expressed sincere interest.  I was leaning one way, then an old fishing and Arima owner and buddy and his friend who had contacted me earlier this week came over this a.m. with his tow vehicle. Couple hours later, my garage was empty.  I'm sure we'll be hearing more from him on the site. 

Thanks to the kind remarks and to the three members who were interested. It's was hard saying good by but they made it a good experience.

Move over Danno, I know you have seniority but another boat ho is in town.

Woody