News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Sea Legend 22 Rewire

Started by GregE, April 20, 2018, 12:10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beancounter

It was how I financed my boating and fishing addiction for the last 15 years. But yeah I am burned out and tired of fixing boats. I have backed off on a few to let members here get them over the years. Darren and rasslingref come to mind but there were others as well. These are neat little boats that pack a lot in a small package.

GregE

Not sure if anyone is flexible enough to add more fluid to the trim tabs reservoir.  got my arm to the bottom of the sump- lots of leaves and fiberglass dust down there. 

Buddy Mike is coming over Wednesday to help pull wires.  3 Rule Sump pumps need to be checked out - a larger auto pump is coming soon.

Phone is messed up- can't use it let alone transfer pictures.
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

beancounter

Greg I commend you for still being able to get up and down and twist around in all those tight spots to work. I have found it much tougher now than I did just 5 years ago. Once you get it all done though you will know what you have and have much more confidence when you head out. I am sure Judy appreciates your hard labor.

OnA

Quote from: GregE on April 24, 2018, 10:17:08 PM
Not sure if anyone is flexible enough to add more fluid to the trim tabs reservoir.

Wait, didn't Rebait have the exact same configuration?  Or is beancounter spot on with the comment about flexibility over the years?

GregE

Flexibility??  Long gone.......   :shrug9:  total Lumbar fusion 8 years ago didn't help- getting down up from my belly takes lots of groaning.

Before and after of the sump area..  Lots of leaves and fiberglass dust..  Long handled brush, several flushes with soapy water and a camping mattress.

Three Rule pumps, one wired Auto but no float switch..  ??  Got two to run so far.  Sherri and other SL 22 folks, the two hoses in the center come in from the sides behind the fish boxes.   anybody know how they run and how to check if they are clogged?
Greg
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

GregE

Mike came over today to help- we spent 8 hours and got some things figured out and a start to what Mike says is gonna take a month   :hoboy:

Got the start battery hooked up and the wire run to the front pulled.  Somebody only bought 13' of duplex so we needed to move the ground buss and fuse to the top left and will just barely reach the front buss.  Go long or go home somebody may have said.   :shrug9:

I'll have to reach further for the battery switch but don't need to read the settings as much as the fuse panel.
Greg

Markshoreline

I've always wanted to buy one of your used boats that are always in perfect condition!
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

SB Steve

Wow!  That is looking very sharp and tidy!  I have got most of my parts in, and I just can't settle on where to put everything.  I definitely want to mount some things to a piece of starboard.  I just don't know where to get any locally, and I must admit, I have never worked with it before.

Fisherdv

West Marine has some sheets of starboard but it's very $$$. You can also order cut to size online again, $$$. Or go to Walmart or Homegoods and get a white cutting board
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

SB Steve

Yeah I just checked West Marine here, they have it but it is 3 times as much as Amazon.  I can't find the same product to get the West Marine price Match.  I can get some from Amazon by Monday.  Are you guys using 1/4" or 1/2" for these kind of applications?

Mooch

I like 1/2" for deeper screw bite.  Easy stuff to work with.  Router shavings can be messy.
Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

Fisherdv

2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

SB Steve

GregE

Well, Mark-  I'm still getting the SR 19 hardtop ready to sell ........   :arms:

Here's some pictures of the SR 19 wiring with  two fuse panels up front.  I'm trying to figure the yellow wire run that apparently supports the NEMA backbone.  That's the next step after connecting the house to buss bars up front.

Anybody speak NEMA??   :biggrin:

I had some 1/2" Starboard pieces left over from some Mark gave me but not wide enough to cover the rear panel.  I used 1/4" with spacers but am wishing I'd gone with 1/2",  It will curve to align with the inner hull.

Greg

OnA

Quote from: GregE on April 25, 2018, 10:20:39 PM
Sherri and other SL 22 folks, the two hoses in the center come in from the sides behind the fish boxes.   anybody know how they run and how to check if they are clogged?

The starboard fish box drains very slow, if at all at times.  I've attempted to snake something flexible down the drain hose, but I believe that the routing has a 90 degree bend and it's difficult to clear.  The best option I've found so far is to use a little high pressure water to flush the system.  I will flush from both directions, but of course that means getting down on my belly and wedging my head and shoulders in that tiny (and getting smaller every year) access space.

GregE

....that tiny (and getting smaller every year) access space.

Fiberglass shrinkage?!?!  :wink: 

Thanks for the info- I'll snake and flush the lines while it's clean. Careful reaching in there-  I got some fiberglass splinters
I  need to put the new 2000 GPH  sump pump in also and check the bilge pump at the front.  I think SL 22s are the only Arimas with forward pumps.

New Garmin 1242 xsv will arrive tomorrow    :party:  so I will need to run the  1000 w transducer-  I chickened out doing a thru hull-  only 9 days to Shrimp ( if there are any left )

BTW,  I had to trade in my smaller Blue Sea battery switch for the bigger one-  The lug on the starter power cable to the Honda 225 was 3/4" wide ( # 2 ? ) and would not fit in the smaller switch with one access.  I have it available if someone needs  the Add a Battery size switch 
Greg

gfakkema

Looking good GregE. My bilge is setup the same way, never had too much of a problem with the fish-hold drains. They occasionally get clogged, but a quick burst with the washdown and they usually clear up quickly.

I've set a NEMA 2000 backbone/network on my boat. Can you clarify the "yellow wire that supports the backbone"? Is it a power wire? The backbone only needs power, sensor inputs or data outputs.

The electrical on my boat was pretty disheveled when I got it and I've done the same thing as you regarding the distribution.

Before...

After....

I've yet to tackle the mess behind the dash though...

Keep us updated on the progress. You do proper, clean work and I like to take notes. Good luck on the journey.
2001 22' Sea Legend HT w/Alaskan Bulkhead
2006 Suzuki DF250 / 2004 Mercury 9.9

GregE

Wow Greg,  how many wires were on that battery post?!?!   :bigshock:  disheveled-  that's kind.

When it's time to do the front- take the shelving down- much easier to access things but still not easy.

I managed to put two buss bars to receive the power run from the back ( not in this pic ).  Of course the size 10 post hole swedges showed up after I used the 1/4" ones.  I'll jumper power to current fuse block that has 10 spots then check to see which wire powers what.  Then start undoing the wires that are tagged on other wires.

Good luck with your project-  hope you can bend and stoop better than me   :biggrin:
Greg

straiteagle

Quote from: GregE on April 20, 2018, 01:30:36 PM
3wt. Spot on as usual. I went out and looked and external wire loom will probably be used

Transducer question - anyone use a shoot thru in a SL 22?   The access behind the 106 gal center fuel tank is tight

Lots of stuff already down there,  trim tab pump, sump and washdown pumps

Yes, I have 2 transducers mounted behind the fuel tank- one on either side of the centerline.  The latest is the Garmin CHIRP model GT15M-IH to go with my new Garmin 1040XS.  The other is a small transom mount ducer mounted 12 years ago to go with my old fish finder.  True, these are smaller transducers than the 275 mentioned above, but they work great.
The GT15 is a puck style, comes with a choice of 4 mounts of various degrees to match the boats hull angle.
2005 Sea Legend, 200HP Suzuki,15HP EFI Suzuki

GregE

Good. Did you need to correct for off set angle?  The sump appears flat.

Got a picture?  :arms:
Greg

BigMac

GregE--One of the bilge pumps on my SL has no float and has 3 switch positions--on auto, off, and standby.  When on standby it turns on and off every few minutes unless there is water in the bilge.  I can't use as it runs down the battery. 
OnA--Try giving the starboard drain hose going into the bilge a couple pulls/jerks.  I had a similar problem solved by this means.  (Don at Arima told me to do this as sometimes during installation the drain hoses get kinked.)  Don't pull too hard, though. :biggrin:

Markshoreline

Bean is a flipper who does really nice work on his boats as he did on mine so that it would be to his standards before heading out into the ocean last year.  He also has one more new baby in Sequim.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

GregE

The On/ off/ standby pump is the forward one on my boat- accessible thru the cuddy access plate.  The top Sump On is one of the three rules in the sump.  Trying to track the other two.

Bean is an Arima owner and user....

Picture below

+ & - buss from house battery on the L.  New fuse block on the R.  Lots of sorting yet to do after I get another short red # 8 to finish connecting
Greg

beancounter

Greg you always get your electrical issues sorted out well. Mark that "baby" in Sequim had eyes on you.

GregE

I wanted to get the wiring straightened out so I could hook up the New ICOM VHF radio with DCS and AIS ( lots of acronyms  :wink:  ).  I had already prepped the dash space for the radio and initially planned to get a Garmin 942 that had Chirp, touchscreen and would support a radar.  A SL22 has a big dash and putting my current 940 on it just didn't look right but the $$ difference to a 10" was $500 and over $1000 more for a 12" MFD.  With the recent $$ put into repairing the Dodge Cummins and expected taxes-  I was prepared to get by with the smaller GPS/ Plotter MFD.

When the taxes turned out better than expected I was able to talk 10" with Gil at SemperFifishing  https://www.thehulltruth.com/semperfifishing-marine-electronics-transducer-sales/911531-new-garmin-1242xsv-touch-stock.html
The touch screen model is $500 more but I'm used to a button model on the Furuno so I ordered the 1042xsv and 1000w transducer last Monday early and told Judy when she got up-  She said- "go ahead and get the 12" you wanted that and this boat should have it"

Yeah,  Ya gotta love a women who enjoys boats and tools and fishing and hunting and camping......  I called Gil back and made the adjustment.....
I waited all day Friday for the 8:30 - 12:15 UPS delivery that required a signature.  He got here at 18:51 ( 6:51 for some of you )   
Opened the big box and looked at the BIG mounting loom and quickly went to the boat to see if it would even fit.  It barely did   :whistle:
With the port side trolling helm we wanted to angle the display-  that is limited but it sure looks good sitting there and I can just see the bow over the display.

I have a lot to do before hooking everything up-  but only 7 days to Spot Shrimp opener   :1zhelp:

Greg