News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Rewire in progress

Started by 58Johnson, July 03, 2015, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58Johnson

Having batteries moved to cuddy in Sea Chaser 15 11. Work is being done by ABCY electrician. These are pics a few days in. He is on vacation next week so the completion will take a few weeks.

2002 Sea Chaser 15 11
Yamaha F70 Yamaha F8

58Johnson

More pics of other areas of the boat being rewired:
2002 Sea Chaser 15 11
Yamaha F70 Yamaha F8

58Johnson

More pics
2002 Sea Chaser 15 11
Yamaha F70 Yamaha F8

amazing grace

Congrats. I personally am not a fan of batteries in the cuddy. But know guys who have done it successfully. Looks like a good start.

Post up exactly what your having him do and what it is he is using.

Look forward to seeing more of the project as it progress'

:beerchug:

1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

Zarn

Looking good...!

Im'a thinking, personally, if I keep my 88SR for another season the batteries are relocating into a companion seat on the captain's side to offset the kicker as well as the deck tank during tuna season. My cabin is reserved for tackle, poles and large kill bag, cooler or a sleep over.
SOLD... 87'SR, Blue Stripe/Top & ETEC 90, Honda 8, Arima owner... 11 years. Gonna miss her but I'll still be around here.

Remember....when attacked by a clown posse always go for the juggler first.

58Johnson

Quote from: amazing grace on July 03, 2015, 09:49:16 PM
Congrats. I personally am not a fan of batteries in the cuddy. 

I originally was going to relocate into the companion seat, but Paul, the electrician, made a good case stating that the companion seat storage was highly desirable. In a Sea Chaser, the cuddy is too small to sleep in. If I had one of the models with a larger cuddy, the batteries would be in the companion seat.
2002 Sea Chaser 15 11
Yamaha F70 Yamaha F8

58Johnson

Quote from: amazing grace on July 03, 2015, 09:49:16 PM

Post up exactly what your having him do and what it is he is using.

I am having him gut the original wiring and move a set of AGM batteries to the cuddy, upgrading from a single battery in the starboard sponson.

New items:
Blue Sea Weatherdeck 6 switch panel with DPDT switch for Nav Lights and Momentary switch for horn
Blue Sea Systems ST Blade Fuse Block - 12 Circuits (Front)
Blue Sea Systems SafetyHub 150 Fuse Block (Rear)
Blue Sea Systems 120A Add-A-Battery Kit
Horn
12v socket

Existing items being wired in:
Bow light
Cabin Light
Bilge pump
Wiper
VHF
Fishfinder
Guages
Trim Tabs
Downriggers
Stern Light

Paul has already reloomed the Yamaha items from the recent F70 repower. They were too sloppy, not ABYC, for his standards.
I like his style. I will post pics when I get it back in about 2 weeks. Till then the 1958 Alumacraft will fill in.
2002 Sea Chaser 15 11
Yamaha F70 Yamaha F8

Markshoreline

You may want to have a second bilge pump/switch wired in...
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

58Johnson

After a one week rewire turned into an almost 2 month project due to delays in part procurement and vacations...I have the boat back!
To review..I had dual AGM batteries installed in the cuddy of my Sea Chaser 15 11. This was accompanied by a complete rewire of the boat by a pro.
2002 Sea Chaser 15 11
Yamaha F70 Yamaha F8

58Johnson

more...
2002 Sea Chaser 15 11
Yamaha F70 Yamaha F8

blindmonkey

Wow very organized and nice! I am a bit curious why he didn't use a cable cover on the power feed cable on the safety hub 150.  Always trying to learn  :biggrin:
Lorne
2013 17' Sea Chaser, Honda 90, Yamaha F8 SOLD
1994 Sea Explorer, Mercury 60, SOLD

58Johnson

You caught that..That occurred due to a last minute change to link the two fuse panels to the house battery. I'll get that taken care of Friday..
2002 Sea Chaser 15 11
Yamaha F70 Yamaha F8

LvrWurst 21 SR Skip

Nice....pictures are worth a million words! Lvr
19' Jetcraft  Like new 115 Yami 4 Stroke 
SOLD  16 Sea Explorer - 17 SR Skip -19 SR Skip - 21 SR Skip

German Sausages are the WURST!

BruceL2_Fish

Super report and nice looking finished product.   
2012 Sea Ranger 19 (M. LaDeane)
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

beancounter

Pure envy here. Mine looks like slop compared to that masterpiece but I do know at least I have good materials and connections which older arimas need. No gremlins at least. Care to share with us your total outlay in labor and materials? Curious minds want to know stuff like that. You added quite a bit of value to your boat in my mind especially if you sell down the road. I mean who wouldn't look at that and say wow this guy takes great care of his stuff. But get out and enjoy it now.

58Johnson

Beancounter....

Was $pensive
     Was worth it
2002 Sea Chaser 15 11
Yamaha F70 Yamaha F8

DevMah

Nice work!!!

You must be running a thick AWG (2/0,3/0) to compensate for the voltage drop that you will have when you crank your engine (The wire must have been quite the dime). Usually a stater motor will draw 200 to 300 amps while cranking. That is why the batteries are usually located in the rear close to the engine to keep cost down.

Looks good keep up the good work!!!

2015 21' Sea Ranger w 150 Yammy  (Tight lines) Sold
2012 Lund 1650SS  w 2012 60HP Mercury-Sold