News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Water Spot Cleaner

Started by First Cabin, June 29, 2015, 01:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

First Cabin

One pleasant result of breaking a window was going to a glass shop and being introduced to this:

This stuff is applied to glass like a rubbing compound, but it's definitely the best stuff I've ever used to remove water spots on glass.  I was able to make all the windows on my boat as clear as the new one.

Even better I cleaned the windows and mirrors on my wife's car and she's happy.

Good stuff!  Highly recommend you get some.  Only paid $6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First:  1982 15' SeaHunter, Yamaha 70 2-stroke, Yamaha F6
Second:  1987 17' SeaRanger, Merc 90 2-stroke, Yamaha F8
Current:  2002 17' SeaChaser, Yamaha F100, Yamaha T8

La-Z-Buoy

:yeahthat:   I agree with everything EJ said. Except I've never made his wife happy   :redface:   :biggrin: ! I've never even met her.
Richard

2001 21' Sea Ranger HT
2017 DF 140 Suzuki, Honda 8

GregE

Good info
We find the Sprayway glass cleaner 3 packs at Costco work quite well and are cheaper than many big brand cleaners.
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

dbhazjack

Timely, just today I was scrubbing my windows with a magic eraser and vinegar which did nothing. I'll try it, thanks. Where do you get it?
2013 17' Sea Chaser, 90 hp Honda, 8 hp Honda Kicker. SOLD

First Cabin

Quote from: dbhazjack on June 29, 2015, 06:55:11 PM
Timely, just today I was scrubbing my windows with a magic eraser and vinegar which did nothing. I'll try it, thanks. Where do you get it?

I tried the vinegar and magic eraser with the same results!  You'll like this stuff.  Wet cotton cloth, rub it in until you can feel the glass smooth out.  It takes off the scale relatively easily.

On their website they list:

Novus Windshield
851 Bethel Ave.
Port Orchard, WA
(360) 876-6000

http://www.a-maz.com/buy.php

dbhazjack

Quote from: ejthomp on June 29, 2015, 07:17:54 PM
Quote from: dbhazjack on June 29, 2015, 06:55:11 PM

I tried the vinegar and magic eraser with the same results!  You'll like this stuff.  Wet cotton cloth, rub it in until you can feel the glass smooth out.  It takes off the scale relatively easily.

On their website they list:

Novus Windshield
851 Bethel Ave.
Port Orchard, WA
(360) 876-6000

http://www.a-maz.com/buy.php

Thanks!

gjhilke

What is the name of the window cleaner.
      Thanks

Zarn

SOLD... 87'SR, Blue Stripe/Top & ETEC 90, Honda 8, Arima owner... 11 years. Gonna miss her but I'll still be around here.

Remember....when attacked by a clown posse always go for the juggler first.

AP

The reviews on Amazon are interesting.  2/3 of buyers give it 5 stars but nearly 20% of the buyers say it doesn't work at all.  It is worth a shot for me.

CanvasGuy

Thanks they have it here in Sequim..just around the corner.. :yeahthat:
Gary Smart
boatless  now
http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke

croaker stroker

What happened to Glass Wax ?
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

First Cabin

66% success rate?

I'm now curious as to other Arima owners' reviews.  I imagine some people think you can just put it on and take it off and are disappointed that you do have to rub it in like rubbing compound.  It still takes elbow grease, but it's the best stuff I've found so far and only $6.

What is Glass Wax?

dbhazjack

Ok, just picked some A-maz up at Novus and it is Amaz....ing[emoji108]

But, like EJ says, it does take some effort. I followed the directions which say to apply a coat and allow to sit a few minutes. Then I scrubbed with the A-maz scrub pad. First application and 80% of the spots were removed. After a second application, danged if I can find a spot!

I've tried a lot of things to remove water spots. This is the best.

Good find! Thanks ejthomp[emoji2]

First Cabin

FYI, my glass guy said he prefers to use a wet cloth versus the pad.  He finds the pad to be too coarse and absorbent.

dbhazjack

Quote from: ejthomp on June 30, 2015, 01:24:41 PM
FYI, my glass guy said he prefers to use a wet cloth versus the pad.  He finds the pad to be too coarse and absorbent.

Makes sense. If I had windows that were really really bad, I might consider using my power polisher with this stuff  :twocents: probably need to watch the frames though.

AlAdams

Stopped at Martin Way Collision in Olympia (Lacey?) to pick up a can our way to Grayland last Thursday .  The guy hands it to me, I asked how much and he say "uh, oh, $15.00".  Got him down to $10.   :berry:  I was in a hurry so I just paid and took off.  Just an fyi for you guys in the Olympia area. 
You can't trust water, even a straight stick will turn crooked in it - WC Fields

'04 SR 21' w/Skip Tower  '04 Honda 130' '16 Honda 9.9

AlAdams

I used this stuff on our bathroom windows.  I've tried cleaning them with a variety of different cleaners without success.  Although I repeated the cleaning 8 - 10  times the water spots did come off.   Should work well on the boat and car.  I don't neglect those like I do some other things.
You can't trust water, even a straight stick will turn crooked in it - WC Fields

'04 SR 21' w/Skip Tower  '04 Honda 130' '16 Honda 9.9

Browneye

Chrome polish will likely produce the same results. And old detailing trick.

For a built up film of hard water then something with some hydrochloric acid will help, like CLR.

For your boat hull, especially dark colors, a favorite for lake boaters and PWC's is DUCKY. Have used it and liked it.

Any of the quick detailers, like Maguires or Mothers works for light spotting from wash water. Wiping down with a synthetic chamois will eliminate most of that - the yellow ones that come from Germany. You find them at the fairs and home shows - or order online here at a fraction of the cost: http://www.simplygoodstuff.com/shammy_large.html
Chris Brown
Orange County, CA
'15 SeaChaser 17 - NEW!

HemiGTX

I picked up a can and the cleaning pad for $10.63.  Nothing I've tried has worked, so I wasn't holding my breath.

Wow!  This stuff is the real deal.  I give it two thumbs up. Truly is....Amaz'in.

Thanks for the tip!
AKA: "The guy who fishes with Nicole"