Author Topic: Help Please Fuel reading is runnig out /but tank is still almost full.  (Read 2422 times)

Offline diodon

Hi all;
 Just wanted to update the problem I was having with the engine data cable. I want to thank everyone that responded. Most of you were correct about it being the firmware. Not being computer knolegable, also did not have a Lawrance HDS unit to install needed program. I needed further help.

Today one of our member Threeweight took time out from fishing & home chores to rescue  :shark: me from my dilemma. :applause:
He said it took a wee bit longer than he thought  but all went well.
It was great to meet Steve and his wife Catherin also not to be forgotten there dog.

Steve thank you very much, I owe you one.

Ian  (Diodon)
2007 21 Sea Explorer.   2007 Suzuki DF140.        2011 Honda 9.9

Offline Threeweight

No problem.  Was nice to meet you and your wife, and it gave us an excuse to get down to Cathlamet.  We hadn't been there in a few years, and it is one of our favorite areas to fish out of on the river.  I am very excited there is a brew pub in town now  :beerchug:  Apologies for the hyper active gymnast dog.  I am still baffled as to how she managed to get up into your boat on the trailer on her own.

If anyone else faces a similar problem, version 2.9 of Lowrance's firmware worked great with Diodon's older DF140.  Maybe they finally have a version of their programming that is actually compatible with all motors!
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Wild Card, Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220, Honda 225 and 9.9

“Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed.”
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Offline T-Rex

Way to go TW
 :applause:
Sea Chaser 17, Suzuki DF90A

Offline Chief of the Boat

Very Nice!!  :applause:
1994 Sea Explorer 1511 loves whitecaps 2010 Yamaha F-70 2012 Yamaha F-8 with a  Fixed SaltBoss Bracket Lowrance HDS-5 & 7 Gen 2 Standard Horizon Fixed VHF 2150 with AIS