News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Mid 80's fuel gauges?

Started by FINREAPER, May 27, 2015, 03:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FINREAPER

Are they American or European?
17 SR Chicken Hawk of The Sea

Salmon King

Pretty sure they are American...WHY?
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

FINREAPER

Getting a new sending unit, and it was asked which gauge I had. I assumed American, but wasn't sure.

Fishin Machine

Do they make fuel gauge that fits an Arima, tank?
DDT
2003 19' Sea Ranger

Threeweight

Sending unit is the sensor in the tank, gauge is a generic item that displays what the sending unit sends it.

Moeller swing-arm style sending units will work, but not very accurate.  WEMA style sending units are at least linear and tell you the level of fuel in the tank, if not 100% accurate on volume left in the tank (no unit can be when the tank isn't square.)

http://www.wemausa.com/
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Fishin Machine

Threeweight, thanks for the link. that is on my list to get for the boat, I'm not a fan having to remove the door to look at the gas tank to determine level. I don't know a lot about installing the sending unit. Is there a plug to remove on top of the tank for the sending unit or will I need to drill a hole? Do you recommend the SSS/SSL model?

Thank you for the help
Dave.
DDT
2003 19' Sea Ranger

Threeweight

The mounting hole should be there with a metal cover screwed down over it, like this:

The SSS/SSL fits a standard tank... the other models are for European tanks or tanks with a threaded mounting hole.  As I recall, you measure the depth of your tank then subtract 1" to decide what length you need.

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

FINREAPER

I bought the WEMA SSS/SSL 8" for mine. My tank has sagged down over the years. $36 from MMI in Newport Beach.

Fishin Machine

Thanks for the help Threeweight, later on today I will measure my tank. That is great help. How big is your tank? Mine holds about 48 gallons. I have a an extra tank that came with the boat, but not installed. I don't think I'll ever need it. It's for $200.00 if you know anyone that wants one. I'll post it again when I get time.
DDT
2003 19' Sea Ranger

Threeweight

I have a 17', year model is 1989, with a 23 gallon tank.  Sometime in the early 90's, the 17's went to a 27 gallon tank.  The 19' and 21' boats have a different set up with a 48 gallon main tank.

What kind of tank is the secondary one you have for sale?

--- Hunter S. Thompson

Fishin Machine

The gas tank is a Inca 10 gallon gas tank on the starboard side. (right side). If you do a search for 10 gallon gas tank for sale. I posted this back in Dec 2014. It has all the attachments except fill hose. Still in the box. Thanks for the help with gas gauge. 

http://www.arimaowners.com/index.php?topic=8314.msg95719#msg95719
DDT
2003 19' Sea Ranger