News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Blue Sea WeatherDeck Nav Light Question

Started by 58Johnson, April 28, 2015, 05:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58Johnson

Do you need to add a DPDT switch to the WeatherDeck switch panel to be able to have the choice of running the bow/anchor combo or just the anchor light? There is an additional tab labeled "Nav Light" that is located on the opposite side of the switch panel. Will using this make the panel function like a DPDT? Do you do the jumper thing to another switch just like a DPDT switch?
2002 Sea Chaser 15 11
Yamaha F70 Yamaha F8

Wyrguy

The switch panels come with just SPST switches. There's no way to 'make' a switch DPDT that isn't built that way. You have two choices. Buy the DPDT switch and replace one of the SPST ones... Or, wire up one SPST switch to the red/green bow light and a separate switch to the anchor/all round white light. IMO, the correct way is to use a DPDT switch.

Are you asking about the LED's that light up the switch itself? Those are just indicator lights...

Rick

Reluctantly sent from my iPhoney using this crappy Tapatalk app... [emoji37]
'Arima Therapy' - Life begins where the land ends!
2012 Sea Legend HT, blue hull, S/S 6 rod rocket launcher/radar arch
F250XCA O/S T9.9 Yamahas Yamaha Command Link Plus  iTroll throttle control
Aluminum I-beam EZ Loader trailer
Raymarine E120W, Digital HD Colour radar, Two Scotty HP 2106 DRs

58Johnson

Rick,
What is the tab labeled Nav Light in the picture? It is a stray tab on the opposite side from all the other tabs. Is it just a tab so you get both bow and anchor lights with the number 2 switch?

Here is a top down view of the switch panel:
2002 Sea Chaser 15 11
Yamaha F70 Yamaha F8

First Cabin

First:  1982 15' SeaHunter, Yamaha 70 2-stroke, Yamaha F6
Second:  1987 17' SeaRanger, Merc 90 2-stroke, Yamaha F8
Current:  2002 17' SeaChaser, Yamaha F100, Yamaha T8

Wyrguy

Thanks Eric, you beat me to it.

I have the 8 switch panel so this is the first time I've seen that. Like I said, I just want one switch to use and that's why I changed out the SPST to a DPDT and wired it like the diagram shown (my first post)

Rick

Rick

58Johnson

Rick..

Thanks for looking at this. Would this end up using two switches? I think it would.

ejthomp: I have the 4306...I think it has the diode built in. I'm still wondering if the anchor, anchor/bow choice would use two switches.
2002 Sea Chaser 15 11
Yamaha F70 Yamaha F8

Wyrguy

Yes, it would use two switches... Kinda makes it crowded if you're tight on space (unlike the HUGE expanse of dash space us 'rarefied' SL owners have!!! [emoji12] )

Rick

58Johnson

Rick,Eric,
DPDT it is...Blue Sea WeatherDeck Toggle Switch 4155

Thanks

(For those who are wondering...acronym definition...DPDT is a Double Pole Double Throw switch)
2002 Sea Chaser 15 11
Yamaha F70 Yamaha F8

First Cabin

That's the same I have installed.  Two switches.  When I turn on the running light switch, both nav and anchor light come on.  The anchor light switch turns on only the anchor light. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Threeweight

I have the same switch panel... it is designed to simplify rigging nav and anchor lights lights.  Wire it according to the Blue Sea instructions and it works great.  No need for anything else.
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

vxhatch

If I remember correctly you tie into your nav lights to the tab on the back then there should also be another tab on the circuit board or a negative. This is so the led lights (red when off and green when on) only light up when the nav lights are on. I think the way they are rigged from the factory are the lights are always on even when nav lights are turned off.

It has been a year or so since I have installed one, so I may not be 100% correct  :biggrin:
2001 22' SeaSport Sportsman

First Cabin

BTW.  I discovered you can order labels  for the panel on the Bluesea website.  They have a bunch of them that aren't included in the standard package.  I ordered a "Deck Lights" label for $1.  You can even order custom labels for $5.