News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Wiring on 21 skip top 2004

Started by Fishing Guy, April 14, 2015, 10:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishing Guy

long time reader first post. Just had 2004 21 skip top delivered from flordia to Portland and going throught to replace hoses and some wiring. I pulled the gas tank out to clean up and putting on all new fuel lines.  I found wire connected directly to battery coming out of the large hole under the tank. Cannot figure what it goes to badly worn and needs to be replaced. Have pulled on and will not move. It has duel bilge pumps but does not go to them or wash down pump. Any ideas out there.
1998 17 SR. Suzuki 100
2004 21 ST Honda 150

Markshoreline

That wire may be to the switch (usually on the port side) that operates the pump for the water tank up in the bow.  The wiring and hose for that system are installed before the foam is added so they won't move.  Just have to wire around when the switch/wiring or pump fails.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Fishing Guy

Thanks for the quick reply. I was thinking the same and trying to trace the wire from the bow pump switch on the port side. It goes down the behind the port side live well and can't move it either.

I am sure there will be many more questions to ask as I get my new toy the way I want it. Looking forward to posting some pic soon. Good to get another one back from the east coast.
1998 17 SR. Suzuki 100
2004 21 ST Honda 150

Markshoreline

Be sure to install a screw on fuel filter while you're replacing the fuel lines.

Fishing Guy

I am replacing the fuel water separator is that what you are referring to or would you suggest an in line fuel filter as well. Just pulled both bilge pumps out and cleaned out put lines one was plugged. I think a small animal living in the end.  One manual and one auto both working well going to replace output lines they got flattened behind the tank and wanted to kink when I replaced.
1998 17 SR. Suzuki 100
2004 21 ST Honda 150

Markshoreline

If you get one of the large screw on water separators no need for an additional in line filter.  Your outboard has one under the cowling, anyway.

Fishing Guy

Thanks,  replacing the entire fuel,water separator unit finding new fuel tank straps.  Still not sure what to do with two bad wires coming out from under fuel tank. Have a 1998 17 and have never used fresh water tank in the bows. Not sure I will ever use the one on the 21 either.
1998 17 SR. Suzuki 100
2004 21 ST Honda 150

Fishing Guy

Just looked at your gallery and noticed you had photo of new bottom paint. Need new on mine how did you have do yours and r u happy with it
1998 17 SR. Suzuki 100
2004 21 ST Honda 150

Markshoreline

I cut off as much of the old wires as possible, then just routed new wire to the new switch and under the gunnel up to the cuddy.  I like the additional weight up front and use the fresh water to rinse my reels and lures after use.
A pro prepped and applied the bottom paint- it's Seahawk Shark Skin.  Its a necessity as my boat is moored- they get pretty slimy and barnacles appear on the transom without bottom paint.