News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

2nd sonar/depth sounder w/GPS

Started by Geppetto, March 11, 2015, 03:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geppetto

Lowrance Co. recommends not mounting this unit to port.  Since I have another depth sounder mounted starboard I don't have many choices.  I was wondering if anyone has mounted a unit thru hull on an Arima.  I have done it on a previous boat and it worked fine. :shrug9: :hoboy: :dance: :dance:

Threeweight

I have a Lowrance unit mounted on my port sponson.  It works fine.  They recommend not mounting there because typically the prop throws up forthy water to the port side which interferes w/ the sonar signal.  Since the sponson is a good 3' away from the prop, this isn't an issue on an Arima (but is an issue on deep-V hulls, john boats, etc...)
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Salmon King

Gosh...I've always mounted mine on the Port side at least 6" from the prop.
Can't hold bottom at cruising speeds but I troll with it just fine.
My problem is I always seem to find a way to break the mount and end up needing a new transducer.
Which is why I want to move mine inside the bilge.
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)