News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Mercury mechanic recommendation in Santa Barbara/Ventura

Started by SB Steve, July 24, 2017, 05:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SB Steve

Hello All! 

Hoping any Arima owners in Southern California might have a recommendation for a good Mercury outboard mechanic in my general area...or within an hour drive for that matter.  Looking for thorough and honest...but aren't we all!  Motors run well, but want to have them checked out nonetheless.  They were both serviced a year ago, but they have been mostly sitting since then.  I just purchased the boat, and I want to start out with them current on service.

Rokefin

Sorry I can't help....I see you bought a 1988 Sea Ranger?  What fish are you targeting in the SB area?

AJFishin

I don't know anyone up near you, but you might want to give Dick Sherrer Marine a call, they're in Norwalk, I know a little far for you, ask if they have anyone they could recommend up there in Ventura/SB area.
One of the mechanics I talked to over the phone was cool and he helped me out.

The other mechanics near me are just usless.

Dick Sherrer Marine Inc.
12328 E. Firestone Blvd.
Norwalk, CA 90650
Tel: (562) 868-9809
'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser

SB Steve

Quote from: Rokefin on July 24, 2017, 10:01:08 PM
Sorry I can't help....I see you bought a 1988 Sea Ranger?  What fish are you targeting in the SB area?

The usual culprits in this area: bass, bonito, barracuda, halibut, lingcod and of course White Sea Bass!

SB Steve

Quote from: AJFishin on July 24, 2017, 10:06:18 PM
I don't know anyone up near you, but you might want to give Dick Sherrer Marine a call, they're in Norwalk, I know a little far for you, ask if they have anyone they could recommend up there in Ventura/SB area.
One of the mechanics I talked to over the phone was cool and he helped me out.

The other mechanics near me are just usless.

Dick Sherrer Marine Inc.
12328 E. Firestone Blvd.
Norwalk, CA 90650
Tel: (562) 868-9809

Thanks for the recommendation, I may indeed give them a call.  As of now I think I am going to try out Pacific Marine Repair in Ventura.  They seem to be the nearest with the services I need.  If anyone has any knowledge of them or have had personal interaction with them, I would appreciate knowing what they think.

Tj805

Ask specialty marine in Oxnard .
They are really good .
Not sure if they work on older stuff .
But it can't hurt to ask.
2000 sea chaser 19
Honda 130
2014 yamaha f8

SB Steve

Quote from: Tj805 on July 26, 2017, 08:05:45 AM
Ask specialty marine in Oxnard .
They are really good .
Not sure if they work on older stuff .
But it can't hurt to ask.

Thanks for the advice.  I had already looked into them as they are a Honda/Suzuki dealer.  If I need to replace a motor in the future I was planning on going to them...I like Honda.  They list Mercury as a type they service....I will give them a call.  I was looking into the one in Ventura just because they appear to be a Mercury dealer.