News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Tool Bin

Started by StreamFixer, January 23, 2015, 10:11:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StreamFixer

This thread is for the express purpose of exchanging tools that seem to be unique to the Arima community.

Some basic rules: 

This is not a place to discuss the merits of tools or their prices or quality. 

If you have a tool that you are willing to loan or part with that is sometimes needed in doing work on our boats, this is the place to find it.  As an example.  I have a 4" hole say (cost $35 +/-).  I have used it twice and do not see a need for it in my future.  I will post in on here...  I also have a Yamaha T-8 shop manual ($80) that I think I am done with.

If you are interested in participating, it would be helpful to have you general location,  as in community & state.

This thread is an experiment.  If it does not work out, it will likely go away.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

AlAdams

OK, I have a 3" hole saw blade. I bought it to install the Baystar hydraulic steering.  None of my neighbors had the 3" blade.  Anyway, there's a good chance I'll never use this blade again so I don't mind selling it or just loaning it out.  Al
You can't trust water, even a straight stick will turn crooked in it - WC Fields

'04 SR 21' w/Skip Tower  '04 Honda 130' '16 Honda 9.9

BayWolf

I have a right angle drill. Good for tight spots.

Tacoma, WA
"Forgiveness is between them and God. My job is to arrange the meeting."

First Sergeant
U.S. Army (retired) :flag:
WWW.Youtube.com/@Baywolf_Films

First Cabin

I have a cheap high speed grinder with cutting disks that I purchased from Harbor Freight Tools.

If you have to remove a frozen steering cable, save yourself a lot of hassle and just cut it off! 
First:  1982 15' SeaHunter, Yamaha 70 2-stroke, Yamaha F6
Second:  1987 17' SeaRanger, Merc 90 2-stroke, Yamaha F8
Current:  2002 17' SeaChaser, Yamaha F100, Yamaha T8

BayWolf

Anybody have a good set of wire strippers and good quality crimpers I can borrow?
"Forgiveness is between them and God. My job is to arrange the meeting."

First Sergeant
U.S. Army (retired) :flag:
WWW.Youtube.com/@Baywolf_Films

Kimbrey

I have the crimpers to loan out to do these type of fittings which are great for bait pumps et cetera.
http://www.weatherpack.com

Catching me when I'm at home is the trick.
2005 Sea Legend --Sold--replaced with 26' Duckworth—Sold—replaced with 28' Farallon Walkaround

metalwrkr

I'm retired and live in the Tacoma area and have a small (very) home welding shop.  I am not a business. I have a cnc plasma cutter and can cut small parts of SS and mild steel.  I also have ss (mig) welding capabilities.  I would be glad to give someone a hand with a small project or repair that no one else wants to touch.  If it is a very small weld or part cut (your material) we are talking free.  If it is larger job, beer may be required!..........Russ K.
metalwrkr:  Sent from my rotary phone.  I have two speeds; Dead Slow and All Stop
05 17SR
06 Honda 90
2016  Honda 8 kicker
05 EZloader oil bath

strokersquid

Wish you were by me. Seems there is always some item that could use a weld but I usually end up replacing.

Stor Fisk

Been in Electrical Contracting for 25 years, lots of various tools. Eugene OR area. In need please e-mail me at rdc***30@hotmail.com.

e-mail edited by streamFixer  PM Metalwrkr if you want his e-mail

We have a constant barrage of "guests" on our forum.  Most from Russia, China, Lithuania and the like.  We suspect they are phishing for e-mail addresses and phone numbers to put into data bases that they well to any interested party.  Please do not post this information on here, but if you do, please do not turn to us if you end up being targeted by such folks...   :stooges:

STreamFixer
stor fisk

croaker stroker

Quote from: ejthomp on January 24, 2015, 08:24:25 PM
I have a cheap high speed grinder with cutting disks that I purchased from Harbor Freight Tools.

If you have to remove a frozen steering cable, save yourself a lot of hassle and just cut it off!

When you cut that cable....Careful not to get grinding dust on your fiberglass or you'll have little rusty spots all over your boat.

.....voice of experience.  :doh:
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

toddshog

Anyone in the Portland/Vancouver or Ventura Ca (for hand tools) that is in need of tools let me know.  I have quite the collection from over the years.   I just added a gelcoat cup gun for anyone who needs one.   I am willing to ship stuff as well.   
Todd
1989 Arima 19' SR ST

Scottjohnson59

I live in Milton wa am a retired twice 60 something with two garages and a barn full of tools I would be willing to loan to folks on this site the real question is how to set up a quick contact for folks working on projects. PM me  I guess here all daze long now    :doh:
Scott in Milton
19 Sea Chaser skip top 1994
150 Yamaha 2019 9.9 Yamaha 2020
Furuno Radar and Never Again Garmin electronics

GregE

Shelton area NW of Olympia.  Heavy duty crimper, wire cutters 12 gau wire and LOTs of extra parts, switches, seats ....
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Ed De Explorer

I got a sheet of I think it's called Starboard or something came with my arima. It's the white plastic stuff the tank covers are made out of. I don't think I will need it all so if you need a chunk I will give it to you. It is currently a big sheet probably 5x8, I want to keep some to make a new cuddy door someday but certainly don't need it all. I was told this stuff is expensive so if I can save you some money let me know.

Ed
Ed
91 Sea Explorer 16'

GregE

Ed, that's handy stuff to have- I'm often needing a chunk for some project or other.   :clap:    You can see one of the plier and knife racks on the starboard battery access.

I have a 12" stainless steering wheel I took off of the Port Helm- needed knee room so went to a 10"
Greg
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Barnaclebob

I just bought a set of snap-rite dies so if anyone has any bimini snaps that need replacing and you want to borrow a tool that gives pro quality results you can borrow them.  Pickup in Edmonds. 

Youll need to provide your own hardware though.
2007 Sea Ranger 19
2021 Yamaha 115
2021 Yamaha 9.9

Pnwarimaguy

Wow, I'm blown away by the generosity/comradery you gents are displaying here! I'm brand new to the forums here, just south of Seattle. I don't have a big shop or loads of experience modifying boats but I would lend a hand if someone needed it.

GregE

PNW ( we abreviate a lot  :wink: ) WELKoome aboard.
You are correct- most on here are very helpful.    Quite a few who no longer own an Arima hang around and contribute to the comraderie.
Greg

AP

I just realized I've never contributed to this thread.  I'm in Bellingham, and have a variety of tools and a shop to stay out of the rain.  I try to stay self-sufficient on maintenance and repairs which makes me just knowledgeable enough to be dangerous and overconfident. 

:beerchug: