News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

hallelujah, halle...fizzle, fizzle, dud, dud...

Started by wedocq, January 02, 2015, 09:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wedocq

And the heavens opened and the angels sang! hallelujah,  hallelujah,  hallelujah!

I am hoping the lesson learned here is, MARKET TEST, MARKET TEST, MARKET TEST!
-Shawn
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

GregE

Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Hydro-Therapy

Yah they did the same thing on the new 17 . I thought they had it right when I first saw the post. Then I scrolled down to find out the only fixed it half way.

H-T
Fish forever Work whenever !!!!!
"89" 19SR Keith 115 Merc. 15 4s kicker W/trollmaster Raymarine A70D

wedocq

Ok I am confused what you 2 are talking about. We have all thought the wave in front of the Arima logo looked stupid, and it looked like "Arima". Are you saying you don't like the wave on the back side either? Because I think it looks way better!
-Shawn

Threeweight

What?  Logo?

Sorry, I was mesmerized by the Grady White pilot house!
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

wedocq

Quote from: Threeweight on January 02, 2015, 11:20:26 PM
What?  Logo?

Sorry, I was mesmerized by the Grady White pilot house!

It must be an optical illusion, because that Grady doesn't look that big. At least not twin 350hp big!

croaker stroker

Quote from: wedocq on January 02, 2015, 11:18:33 PM
Ok I am confused what you 2 are talking about. We have all thought the wave in front of the Arima logo looked stupid, and it looked like "Arima". Are you saying you don't like the wave on the back side either? Because I think it looks way better!
-Shawn

What does it look like on the Starboard side ?

This could be a case of Premature Jubilation.  :rimshot:
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

First Cabin

Next step....  Get rid of the wave altogether.  Junichi had it right 30 years ago.

Notice Grady-White doesn't have any shyness in clearly stating who they are.

Less is more.  I really regretted putting new stickers on my 87 Sea Ranger.....it was a downgrade.

First:  1982 15' SeaHunter, Yamaha 70 2-stroke, Yamaha F6
Second:  1987 17' SeaRanger, Merc 90 2-stroke, Yamaha F8
Current:  2002 17' SeaChaser, Yamaha F100, Yamaha T8

wedocq

I agree Ej, but I think the wave at the back is a little more acceptable. I kept thinking about that CS Lewis book series "Narnia" every time I saw the wave upfront. :doh:
-Shawn

Markshoreline

Mark,
On the starboard side the wave is before the A, and it is close so it appears to say, Arima.... unfortunately.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Yachter Yat

Don't mean to be critical.....but that stainless cleat appears to be mounted crooked.   :hoboy:  I also agree that Arima could 86 the wave.   :twocents:
Btw, a friend of mine owned a Grady. Those boats are a very deep V hull and quite heavy.  Takes some power (and fuel) to run but ride nice when things get rough.

Yat
History is not the past; it's the present, as we all carry it with us......James Baldwin    
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

beancounter

Take a razor and cut the wave off if you don't like it. Heck cut the name off too and people will drive you even crazier. Back east everyone wants to know what is that boat you got there. Hard to leave the dock sometimes for all the questions.

StreamFixer

Wave at the back....  Much improved 'signature' for the boat, if the wave is considered necessary... 

Wave or NO Wave:  Not our call guys,  They have a marketing section to make those decisions. 

Be glad the adjusted it....   :clap:

I would like to thank them for moving it as shown in the picture and hope the other side looks the same...  It 'flows' much nicer....

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Red 22

Looks half right , at least until they run out of Arima decals. :wink:
Tony

05' Red Legend 22 skip tower, Honda 225, Honda 9.9,  Garmin 740s, Garmin HD 18 radar Garmin GHP10 auto-pilot
"I've always wanted to sail to the south seas, but I can't afford it." What these men can't afford is not to go.
-Sterling Hayden

GregE

Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

StreamFixer

'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

GoodDays

Who cares ?? It's fishing season again !!!

Shawn , when I saw your title I thought maybe you turned into Al 12345abcdefg

StreamFixer

I do --- How is your lawn ornament holding up???   :whistle:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

wedocq

So Narnia still lives on one side of the boat? :doh: Yup, premature  jubilation. Oh well. It's disappointing when a company you really like goes in a direction that's hard to get behind. Kind of like when Coke changed their formula and named it "New Coke".   :facepalm:

Red 22

Quote from: Arima on January 03, 2015, 08:59:54 AM
Did somebody have a question for me.

Arima  :clap:

Maybe, maybe not. there are lot  of answers though. Some of might even make sense.  :arms:
Tony

05' Red Legend 22 skip tower, Honda 225, Honda 9.9,  Garmin 740s, Garmin HD 18 radar Garmin GHP10 auto-pilot
"I've always wanted to sail to the south seas, but I can't afford it." What these men can't afford is not to go.
-Sterling Hayden

blindmonkey

When I bought mine the owner had bought it new and removed every decal on the boat. I like the clean look.
Lorne
2013 17' Sea Chaser, Honda 90, Yamaha F8 SOLD
1994 Sea Explorer, Mercury 60, SOLD

Zarn

Yeah... if that is not an optical illusion... that cleat attention to detail thing would drive possibly drive me away if the price was not right.  :twocents:

Quote from: Yachter Yat on January 03, 2015, 06:16:53 AM
   Don't mean to be critical.....but that stainless cleat appears to be mounted crooked.   :hoboy:  I also agree that Arima could 86 the wave.   :twocents:
Btw, a friend of mine owned a Grady. Those boats are a very deep V hull and quite heavy.  Takes some power (and fuel) to run but ride nice when things get rough.

Yat
SOLD... 87'SR, Blue Stripe/Top & ETEC 90, Honda 8, Arima owner... 11 years. Gonna miss her but I'll still be around here.

Remember....when attacked by a clown posse always go for the juggler first.

Wyrguy

Quote from: Arima on January 03, 2015, 08:59:54 AM
Did somebody have a question for me.

Arima  :clap:

Ok, I'll 'bite'...  :shrug9:

Darren, you wanna share with the forum why you went 'dark' for awhile and then came back reincarnated with the new screen name, especially Arima???

Rick

Reluctantly sent from my iPhoney using this crappy Tapatalk app... [emoji37]
'Arima Therapy' - Life begins where the land ends!
2012 Sea Legend HT, blue hull, S/S 6 rod rocket launcher/radar arch
F250XCA O/S T9.9 Yamahas Yamaha Command Link Plus  iTroll throttle control
Aluminum I-beam EZ Loader trailer
Raymarine E120W, Digital HD Colour radar, Two Scotty HP 2106 DRs

Markshoreline

GregE is on to something....
What if we bought the entire stock of Arima stickers and the factory could order new ones without the N?
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

StreamFixer

@ $50 a pop, I think I will likely be busy that week-end...  You and Darren can split my share Mark...

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade