News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

hallelujah, halle...fizzle, fizzle, dud, dud...

Started by wedocq, January 02, 2015, 09:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Markshoreline

2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Hunter

For those that want the new logo, this is a no brainer.  Just spend $100, buy two sets, use the two good ones and then toss the other two or maybe sell them to someone named Arima.

But seriously....why in the world would they make two separate (different) stickers and sell in the same set?    Never did before......

2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

Narima

OMG, my post was not a real question. I was just adding a comment about the side of Arima boats with Arima.

No question though....

Arima

Wyrguy

Quote from: Cabezon on January 03, 2015, 04:22:57 PM

But seriously....why in the world would they make two separate (different) stickers and sell in the same set?    Never did before......

Well, the way my graphic designer buddy has explained it to me... The 'wave' on the old style decal was going forward on one side, aft on the other... The 'new' decals have the 'wave' pointing aft, like a boat going through the water.

$0.02...

Makes sense... But either way, I totally respect Defiance/Arima to make up whatever logo they want... None of 'us' stepped up and bailed out Don & the boys when there was trouble in paradise...
I also feel that making 'fun' like using 'Arima' is not a wise thing on an open forum... We all know how many 'guests' read these posts... That, in my opinion,  will do more to 'devalue' any Arimas than the change to the logo.

Rick

Reluctantly sent from my iPhoney using this crappy Tapatalk app... [emoji37]
'Arima Therapy' - Life begins where the land ends!
2012 Sea Legend HT, blue hull, S/S 6 rod rocket launcher/radar arch
F250XCA O/S T9.9 Yamahas Yamaha Command Link Plus  iTroll throttle control
Aluminum I-beam EZ Loader trailer
Raymarine E120W, Digital HD Colour radar, Two Scotty HP 2106 DRs

croaker stroker

We have very little else to do...."The Bachelor"  isn't on again til Monday.  :shrug9:
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Narima

The reason why I dropped off this site was because Jon at Arima asked me to stop using the word Arima on this site. While I was reading the email I had this weird feeling we were being monitored. So, I deleted my account.

After a few weeks I just missed what I help start and signed back up. The past 14 years I have put my heart into rebuilding Arimas and helping others. My history with this site goes back to making a Call to Danno and going over how we could build a great site.

There is nothing wrong with talking about a logo on this site. Ford....or Chevy, we all talk. The Arima logo is what it is.  It looks like Arima......

Arima ( Seattleflyfisher )

Markshoreline

Mr. Arima it is good to have you back, let me be the first to welcome you with open arms into the community you helped form. We've missed you!

blindmonkey

It is unfortunate that when your account was deleted so was the ability to search posts under SFF. There was some good technical knowledge to learn there.
Lorne
2013 17' Sea Chaser, Honda 90, Yamaha F8 SOLD
1994 Sea Explorer, Mercury 60, SOLD

StreamFixer

Just to clear the air and be sure the dust is settled...  Arima has no, and never has had, control over what goes on in this site.  Jon Lawrence and Bo ( Defiance) are members just like all the rest of us and have the same privileges that we all share.

Our common interest revolves around our boats and related activities.   We sometimes find acquaintances among the members and are sometimes fortunate enough to have those relationships develop into what will likely be lifelong friendships....  friendships we would have never discovered without our common interest in our boats and related activities.

I, for one, am grateful for those opportunities and cherish those relationships.

All that being said, please realize our website is what it is because of the contributions of the members.  We all have differing views and, I am sure, wish for the continued success of the Arima boat line. 

Are we going to disagree --- YOU CAN BET ON IT!!!  Are we going to attack each other over those disagreements -- NO WAY!! 

Our success here is a result of respect for one another and our divergent viewpoints.  Let us keep it that way.

Respectfully submitted

StreamFixer

'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Markshoreline

:dance: And if there is a collective wisdom to be gleaned from our discourse then so be it!

croaker stroker

During my fishing adventure with Woody and Russ and after fishing one day, we stopped into a Diner for lunch. Woody (barely able to breathe due to his advanced illness) leaned over the table and in a low voice said to him..."xyz" ...Of course Russ didn't hear him the first time, so he spoke up..."XYZ"!  Russ snapped to attention, looked down, and proceeded to zip up his fly.

This was Woody's code to Russ to spare him the embarassment of shouting loud enough for him to hear "YOUR FLY IS OPEN !" in public. 

I'll not forget this act of compassion. 

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

CanvasGuy

:applause: Love that story, Croaker
it is like fine wine it gets better every time...
Bless Woddy for his compassion..may he rest in peace.
and Russ for his lack of hearing.. :biggrin:
Gary Smart
boatless  now
http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke

StreamFixer

Did you know the two major areas for transmitting heat from the body is the head and groin???

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

BayWolf

Quote from: StreamFixer on January 04, 2015, 07:59:06 AM
Did you know the two major areas for transmitting heat from the body is the head and groin???

StreamFixer

From "decals" to "transmitting something from being in heat"! Whew, you guys roll!

OK, back to decals.  How much of a copy right infringement is having a decal made that spells "ARIMA" but does not look exactly like the company logo?  Where am I going?  I want to replace my Arima decals. they are worn, but I don't like the look of the new decals either.  I know a shop that will make decals...
"Forgiveness is between them and God. My job is to arrange the meeting."

First Sergeant
U.S. Army (retired) :flag:
WWW.Youtube.com/@Baywolf_Films

Hydro-Therapy

Bay wolf you may want to call Arima on that one. In the past they have given permission to have them made in another color.  Old no.7 had them made in white so they would show up on his blue hull.  They also may still have some of the old style stickers there , but they won't be as cheap as they used to be.

H-T
Fish forever Work whenever !!!!!
"89" 19SR Keith 115 Merc. 15 4s kicker W/trollmaster Raymarine A70D

Markshoreline

There are others here who've had their own Arima stickers made up.  I've got some extra LiLi stickers if someone needs them!   :jester:

Jon Lawrence

Nothing has changed. These are still the same logo's from before it as always been aft of the name on the boat making it in front on the starboard side and behind on the port.

Darren,

I never told you what you can and cannot post on this site. It's not my place. Defiance doesn't own, represent, or dictate anything about this site. We are excited to have a place where everyone can come together and share general knowledge.

What I asked was that you stop using "Arima", it's not the name and everyone knows it. I probably take it a little more personally because I love the brand enough to dedicate my life's work to making it a success. Everyday I work side by side with the great men and women who made and continue to make this brand what it is today, I care for each and every one of these people and see their dedication, personal struggles in life, triumphs and failures. Yet everyday they come to work and treat it like it's their own company. That being said it feels slightly personal when I know it's not meant personally. It was a simple request that probably sounded heated so I followed it up with an apology for taking it too far. I still stand by my thoughts on the subject. This is the only place we have had ANY flack about it.

We respect everyone's thoughts and we make it a point to share new information with you guys here and not elsewhere. You all are family, we have an open door policy. If someone doesn't like how we are doing something or has suggestions my email is JonL@DefianceBoats.com you are also welcome to come by the shop and step into my office and meet with me anytime.

If you follow our company we don't sit idly. We progress, we adapt, and we make changes that are needed at key times when the market is right. There are other great changes coming, new models, awesome options and more. Much of this is from the input and responces we see first hand and hear from you guys.

Thanks guys for all your help and for your love of these boats.

Narima

Thanks Jon for the follow up. No apology ever received here.....I understand how hard it must be to read a lot of our post here.  We are owners of Arimas, and we discuss just about everything that we can think of when it comes to Arimas.

Arima

wedocq

We love our boats, and love what you have been doing. Rather than take offense, take note. We are your most ardent fans. We won't  dump you for a bad logo, but we don't have any problems telling you either.
-Shawn
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

Markshoreline

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Jon- you have no bigger fans than those of us on this site.  As I recall the new logo was rolled out for comment and we spoke up and continue to do so.  It's feedback for you.   Aesthetically, I'd prefer a logo that didn't position the wave so it looks like a N at the beginning of Arima.
Otherwise, you are producing an outstanding product and have exciting plans for the brand!

Hunter

My decals are same as the ones that this guy used.... Not sure who he is but I'm gonna take a wild guess that he might be more of an expert than any of us on the issue of how the Arima decal was meant to be.

http://arimaboats.com/sea-ranger-ht-22/

So.... just to make this absolutely 100% crystal clear.....the "new" / old ones are not like the "old" old ones or the "new" new ones which are completely different from the "old" old ones or the new ones..       

PS....  Jon... Thanks for your commitment to Arima.   I just registered on your site and bought a set of the older style decals you have to go back on my boat after I do a full buff out on the hull.   

PS..  I'm sure that all this other banter about Arima or ariman (depending on where you like your wave) will die off and has no chance of standing the test of time like ARIMA.   
2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

Threeweight

Jon,

Thanks for posting, thanks for resurrecting Arima, and thanks for rolling out new models and improvements to the boats we all love so well.  It's the internet, people argue over silly things (like stickers), but the bottom line is we all love these boats, and you guys continue to build the most sea-worthy, safe, and economical glass boats in the Northwest.  :beerchug:
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

blindmonkey

One thing we can all agree with is these boats are well loved and supported by both owners and the company. Belinda has answered my emails with thorough complete answers that really help. Thanks for having staff that are passionate about the products and support them so well.  :beerchug:
Lorne
2013 17' Sea Chaser, Honda 90, Yamaha F8 SOLD
1994 Sea Explorer, Mercury 60, SOLD

Jon Lawrence

Darren,

I tried to locate the apology. I'm not sure if the powers to be can pull it from the back end of my profile or not.

Bottom line is, we appreciate you and the passions you have for these boats. I welcome comments and opinions with open arms and sometimes things may change right away, other times it may take awhile and sometimes there will be no change, regardless, we do listen. But beating an opinion over and over again got the best of me and I want to say I'm sorry.

I also went into the logo and the details of the logo (May have been in my initial message but I'm not quite sure) The "N" is actually an "A" and is made to be a stand alone brand-able logo. Much like the Defiance "D" the "A" could be used in shirts, Hats, window decals, etc. Sky's the limit. Arima never really had that so we took what was existing and altered it into a Logo.

Thanks Darren.

Narima

What's nice about Arima is Belinda has been apart of every Arima owners website! She has supported the user group with answers to all of our questions. And......she even answered questions when she was let go by Arima.  I have had 2 foot issues ever since I bought my first 17 Ranger.

Back to my fav logo. I had them printed in Black and love the distance from wave to word.