News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

The M. LaDeane is getting a new look.

Started by BruceL2_Fish, December 31, 2014, 08:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceL2_Fish

Ok folks, the M. LaDeane is in the good hands of CanvasGuy (Gary) to complete the new look.   I will post some pictures of his custom canvas work when he is done.   Gary has been great to work with and has put up with my unending questions and ideas.  I think we are going to have a great looking canvas package done in a different way then factory towers get.   

This has been a long journey and I am so looking forward to the finished result.   If you are up at Neah this year come check it out.   

Bruce
2012 Sea Ranger 19 (M. LaDeane)
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

wedocq

You are making me so happy with all your upgrades Bruce, because when the misses starts putting 2 and 2 together, and figures out how much I have spent this winter, I am getting out my big "#1 foam finger" and pointing it your direction!! :bigshock: You got me beat by a large margin!  :biggrin:
-Shawn
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

Chief of the Boat

Shawn,
The folks at Jacobsen's Booth said the F-200 they gave you a quote on want to know if you could drop the boat off on Saturday. :stirthepot:

wedocq

2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

Chief of the Boat

It should be an easy sell to the wife when you point out the colors will match the kicker!

BruceL2_Fish

OK guys, time to reveal the total new look of the boat.  Gary (Canvas Guy) did a super job on the canvas for the factory skip tower.   Anyone that has a factory tower knows the canvas can be a challenge.  Gary worked with me and put his spin on making the canvas I think much more user friendly. 
Some of the features I want to highlight are;  The sides as they come around the back come inside of the tower framework.  This allows you to have great access with boarding or out on the water, also for transitioning from the cockpit up to the front.  Next is the back, it has a center zipper and then folds back to three different positions to suit your needs.  Then as you look at the front screen it has a center section that comes unzipped and can be snap up under the hard top to allow air to flow through.

Gary spent a lot of time making the front look really good and minimizing the boots that go around the forward frames.  He also spent extra time to fasten the front inside and outside of the windshield.  The view is amazing with the upgraded window material Gary used.

Finally Gary made a great set up travel covers to protect that fancy window material while traveling.

Here are some pictures of what the boat looks like now.  I am also including a picture of what it looked like the day I brought her home 2 years ago from SportCraft.
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

BruceL2_Fish

Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

BruceL2_Fish

Still More
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

BruceL2_Fish

One More, I forgot to take one with the center front open.

Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

GregE

WOW, there ya Go!!!!   :applause:

she looks very nice and the functionality seems right too.

Also, we've been getting some really good picture sequences lately.  Keep it up everybody!! 
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Flying Arima

Bruce, you're boat is looking good  :applause:.  so by the sounds of it you can tow with the canvas up? I have just the factory canvas on mine I always take mine down because Iam afraid of damaging it.
James

2015 19ft sea chaser / REEL TYME
2015 yamaha 115

Tom Mac

1991 Sea Ranger 17, 2014 F90 Yamaha, 2008 T8 Yamaha

Chief of the Boat

Bruce,
Very, very Nice!! 
Gary,
Great Job!!
:clap:

CanvasGuy

Thanks Guys.. I really wanted to show ,,
what custom canvas was capable of vs the stock enclosure.
it was great to work with Bruce to accomplish their wishes for
a custom enclosure.
Gary Smart
boatless  now
http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke

pgbrown

Oh, Oh  Jon was right when I picked out my boat.  He did say, before you decide, think about what you really want before saying no the skip tower.  The new set up looks really great!  The canvas and top take your boat the a whole new level.  Congrats......
2014 17' Sea Ranger
90 hp Honda
9.9 hp Honda

StreamFixer

Never too late to put on a skiptower (unless you got a hard top  :doh: ) and boy are they sweet...

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

xplorz

Freekin AWESOME!!! Looks great! Looks a lot different then when I saw it at Sportcraft.
'89 Arima Sea Chaser 17, 98 Honda horses.

BruceL2_Fish

It has been so much fun, making the additions to our boat and it seems like something new always jumps on the list.  This skip tower with the awesome canvas work Gary did is going to make fishing so much safer and more functional. 

So many of the things I have done to the boat got their genesis from you guys on the AO.com forum.  I am so appreciative of the help I received for doing the wiring upgrades.   Heck the boat did not see water for two months after I bought it.  A brand new boat and what do I do after checking in with you guys, rewire it.

My kicker bracket is the result of seeing what Brook did and fabricating one from his concept.  My down rigger mounts / hand rails are my spin on something I saw on the site.  The pot racks were a result of collaboration with Shawn so we could go shrimping.

I have learn so much from all of you and that is what makes this site unique.  We are all having fun and learning together. 

Bruce
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

StreamFixer

Quote from: BruceL2_Fish on February 14, 2015, 08:44:30 AM
it seems like something new always jumps on the list. 

Bruce

We are here to help when you run out of ideas how to spend your $$$  ....   You can count on us   :cha:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

CompTime

That looks great Bruce.
Gary has done it again.
I think the most significant thing I noticed is that by mounting the top/front window just behind the front of the roof edge it gives you all that extra space to mount the radio in front of the cross bar so both people in front have good access to it when running.

Once again nice job guys.
SEA RANGER 19 /GOT-BAIT?

CanvasGuy

Quote from: CompTime on February 15, 2015, 10:59:55 PM
That looks great Bruce.
Gary has done it again.
I think the most significant thing I noticed is that by mounting the top/front window just behind the front of the roof edge it gives you all that extra space to mount the radio in front of the cross bar so both people in front have good access to it when running.

Once again nice job guys.

Thanks... Bruce wanted the extra space up front for electronics.. and in order to get the best angle for the minimum boot around the struts I chose the furthest out point..
works out, only you have to go outside the frame on the standard Arima skip tower setup.  and makes the angle of snaps on the windshield tough so I chose an inside flap for tension and outside with a seal for
a dry ride..even in rough weather.
Gary Smart
boatless  now
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke

Markshoreline

That's a real fine canvas job- it just doesn't get any better!!!  It matches the overall thoughtfulness and skill which is so apparent on this boat... I'd just like to see it in person!

Great work, Bruce and Gary.   :arms:
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

CanvasGuy

Thanks Mark.. your check's in the mail.. :wink:
for the free  promo..  :applause:

if you attend the Lead pour..
since your going to be absent for Neah2015
you may inspect it then... :biggrin:
Gary Smart
boatless  now

BruceL2_Fish

Mark, anytime you come to the sound end let me know, stop by and have a look.   Never know I might come fish up your way this summer as well.

Bruce
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

Markshoreline

2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9