News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Any interest in having sort of a swap meet with a get together?

Started by BayWolf, October 25, 2014, 10:35:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceL2_Fish

Shawn that might help as well, with the area in front of my shop we could set them up and I have plenty of parking area.  I am happy to provide a venue ,we can all help out with setting it up. 

Bruce
2012 Sea Ranger 19 (M. LaDeane)
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

AlAdams

I have an 8' folding table - happy to donate to the cause. 
You can't trust water, even a straight stick will turn crooked in it - WC Fields

'04 SR 21' w/Skip Tower  '04 Honda 130' '16 Honda 9.9

GregE

I have a 8' table also. 

Does anybody have a vendor's tarp tent?
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

BayWolf

Ok, here's my wish list for the swap meet:

Kicker motor / four stroke EFI extra long shaft

Lowrance 7" screen CHIRP

Fixed kicker bracket that will support the above mentioned kicker motor

Skip top for a 19ft SR.

Companion box with back cushion.

That's it...   Oh, and a rich aunt that sends me lots of money for toys!  :jester:

Of course, there is all the other stuff that you guys will be bringing that I don't even know that I want yet and can't live without!  Can't wait to get together!
"Forgiveness is between them and God. My job is to arrange the meeting."

First Sergeant
U.S. Army (retired) :flag:
WWW.Youtube.com/@Baywolf_Films

Tom Mac

BayWolf how much are you going to be asking for the skip top, is there legs?
1991 Sea Ranger 17, 2014 F90 Yamaha, 2008 T8 Yamaha

GregE

Greg
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Tom Mac

1991 Sea Ranger 17, 2014 F90 Yamaha, 2008 T8 Yamaha

Okiesdad

19' SR Hardtop
115 Yamaha
    8 Yamaha

Edog64

Well, it looks like there are about 25 to 30 of us that would like to have a swap meet with a get together.
What is everyone thinking? After the holidays I would guess and maybe when the weather is a bit nicer. I know I would like to attend but my calendar is filling up so what do you guys think?
Proud Owner:
1990 Arima Sea Hunter
48 HP Johnson
7.5 HP Mercury

wedocq

Well I think because some people will be traveling a bit to get to Graham,  WA, we should pour lead at the same time. Sometime after the boat show would probably be good. If we get it organized,  and start early, it should work no problem. The biggest thing is people need to start looking for lead now!
-Shawn
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

Edog64

Sounds good. I have been saving aluminium for a couple years now, might as well start a lead pile.
Proud Owner:
1990 Arima Sea Hunter
48 HP Johnson
7.5 HP Mercury

wedocq

I save anything metal and then trade it straight across for lead at the metal recycler when the pile gets big enough.
-Shawn

Markshoreline

So, was a date set for the swap meet or should we wait till after the holidays to decide on one?
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

wedocq

No date set yet. I was going to wait til the first of the year to figure that out. Since it's been mentioned, any weekends we should try and avoid???

BruceL2_Fish

I am willing to have the swap meet here, wife is on board with the idea. 
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

GregE

Greg

wedocq

Don't worry Bruce, I already got ya penciled in. :biggrin: But you're gonna need help, so we should decide together what days work best, and then put it up to a vote.
-Shawn

BruceL2_Fish

I agree, do we want to try to do the lead pour and swap event the same day?    If we do we need to start lead early. 
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

wedocq

The guys on Bloodydecks do it that way every year (swap meet and lead pour). If you really think about it, if we put all our stuff out with 15 to 20 of us, how long is it really going to take to browse what's available? I am being generous with 15-20. Our lead pours seem to draw 7-10 every year. Which is a real shame, because we pump out a ton of good stuff on our lead pours!
-Shawn

PS If we are starting early, we should be serving just coffee before noon...well at least for me. :facepalm: :doh: :hoboy:

Crackerbox

Is there a poundage of lead that is required or suggested to bring? I believe I have about 30 pds.

Joe

2Steelhead

I don't mean to horn in on this but I was hoping that it might still be happening. I have a few items for swap that might be of interest and I could use a few 12# rigger balls.
2002 19' Sea Ranger Hardtop
Yamaha F115TLRA
Yamaha 9.9

wedocq

Joe:
It depends on what you want to make. Figure about 15% lead loss when it gets cleaned up. If are wanting some jigs, 30 lbs is plenty. If you are looking for a few downrigger balls, I would bring more. If you go to a metal recycler,  it runs about a dollar a pound.

2Steelhead:
No worries, everyone is welcome! I think we were considering  a weekend in February, we need to get with Bruce and see what he has open.

-Shawn