News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Ross Lake - Oct 2014

Started by AlAdams, October 14, 2014, 12:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlAdams

Thought I'd share this photo taken by a friend as they were running the trail from Hozemeen (near Canada) to Ruby Creek at Ross Lake.  These people are crazy - 30+ miles.  We met them periodically to make sure they were ok thoughout their run.  No bear spottings (just scat...) and no cougar sightings.  Doesn't mean they weren't there though.  This was taken by the Lightening Creek bridge.  They got to run, I got to fish.  Worked out pretty well! 
You can't trust water, even a straight stick will turn crooked in it - WC Fields

'04 SR 21' w/Skip Tower  '04 Honda 130' '16 Honda 9.9

Peddler

Cool pic. I. The early 1990's my Boy Scout troop did an "Afoot/Afloat" trip on Ross Lake. Half of us took canoes from the South end to the North end while the others hiked. We met at Hozemeen and switched.  One of our backpacking days we did 20 miles to fulfill a merit badge requirement. Some of us jumped off that Lightning Creek bridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wishin' I was Fishin'

GregE

Matt, did you ever recover from that cold water??

Some of the stuff we used to do.....   :wink:
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Peddler

Quote from: GregE on October 14, 2014, 08:15:13 PM
Matt, did you ever recover from that cold water??

Some of the stuff we used to do.....   :wink:

I'm not as good as I once was! :)

Wishin' I was Fishin'

AlAdams

The water temp was around 62 degrees - at least that's what the Lowrance was telling me it was at the surface.  It warms up a bit more in the summer.  Jumping from the bridge (30+ feet?) and you're into the cold stuff.  One of the resort guys put on his scuba gear to retrieve an i-phone my daughters friend dropped (not sure why he bothered).  He complained of the cold when he got to the bottom.  Maybe next trip I'll drop a temp gauge 30 feet down and see what the temp is down there.  The lake is over 300ft deep in some areas. 
I've been told there are regulations prohibiting jumping from the bridges up there.  I prefer to reduce the risk of needing medical help up there - there is none to be found...  The closest I've come was needing help with a serious case of alcohol poisoning.   :redface:
You can't trust water, even a straight stick will turn crooked in it - WC Fields

'04 SR 21' w/Skip Tower  '04 Honda 130' '16 Honda 9.9

Peddler

It's not a stunt that I'd repeat today...

Wishin' I was Fishin'