News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Arima 19 Sea Chaser

Started by LvrWurst 21 SR Skip, August 25, 2014, 09:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LvrWurst 21 SR Skip

Since I've been looking for a Sea Chaser for my buddy, I think that I have caught the movin up Arima Flu......Aw Crap!
Got a quote for a new 19 Sea Chaser Skip TopAll Standard Equipmentincluding Porta Pottie, Skip Tower, Option 3 Storage box Swivel Seats...Raw Water Wash Down....Dual Axle CTW Galvy BunkTrailer/Side Guides.
With 115 Yami 4 S apx $43,499  ( i say this will work fine)
With 150 Yami 4 S apx $47,999
Plus Sales Tax, License (this is a personal brief and subject to approval by Bucks OB Sacramento)

Excludes Cuddy Cushions; the Transom Jump Seats; Front Side Back Drop or Slope Back Canvas cover. No Swing Tongue as Skippy-T will not fit in standard garages due to overall height
We can fabricate front; side & sloping rear canvas cover down here for about $900.

Winning Lottery Notes: If were to win it today........
Interesting & Tempting: the 2014 21 Sea Ranger Hard Top/Honda 150 4 S On the floor at Bucks is priced at $49K plus Tax License Registration......
And since I fish mostly with friends that have Fish Rites, Design Concepts, North Rivers.....the Defiance/Allied 21 Warhawk....is calling my name at appx 44K + Tax/Lic/Registration...

So many boats....so little time....just need more money & time!
Respectfully submitted, LvrWurst

19' Jetcraft  Like new 115 Yami 4 Stroke 
SOLD  16 Sea Explorer - 17 SR Skip -19 SR Skip - 21 SR Skip

German Sausages are the WURST!

GregE

LW, DooDad.

Should we set up an intervention hot line?

Step 13 could be " I need help getting this thing home..."   :wink:
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

croaker stroker

May as well up the ante and get an Alunimum trailer too.

I was just thinking....wonder how many beer cans it would take to make that boat and trailer ??
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

StreamFixer

J Doo Dad sez: "...just need more money & time!"

I have a similar problem.  Time can be resolved by doing fewer honey dues....   :hoboy:  Plus bride is suggesting I am spending too much on my 'hobbies' as it is.    :nono:

I though about suggesting she get a job .......    :whistle:

Then I recall the problems a colleague of mine had with his divorce, and how expensive it was ---  interfered with his fishing season and everything ...  :doh:  so I just nodded and smiled and said "Yes Dear"   :smile1: 

Right after I post this, I go to the honey due list......   :shrug9:   My, how time flies when you are having a good time    :biggrin:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

croaker stroker

:hoboy: :doh: :nono: :facepalm: :twocents: :beerchug: :shrug9: :redface: :1zhelp:

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

amazing grace

While new is nice, really nice. What about the first several "aw crap" moments. Those hurt far, far less when you own something that the previous owner/'s have already accomplished :smile1:

oh

Then there is the depreciation. Shall we not talk about that one? The thousands  left on the showroom floor that can be seen in the rear view mirror as you tow your new boat home. 

But I hear you Jwub, there is nothing like a brand spanking new boat. At least that is what I have heard :shrug9:

If you need any help buddy I am here for you. Either way! :biggrin:

I am still trying to figure out why you sold the a 21' Skiptower after the new Yamaha 150 repower :doh:

1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

LvrWurst 21 SR Skip

Croaker,....I tried turning my screen upside down to read your list, but I broke the screen before I could read it.

AG.....Answer to your: "I am still trying to figure out why you sold the 21' Skiptower after the new Yamaha 150 repower"

If you recall, I sold off the 2001 Yami 150 4S that came with the boat to Reel Therapy. I pulled my 2010 Yami 150 off your 19 SR....sold you the boat....and remounted the newer Yami on my 21 SR Skip. .....I received a solid offer on the 21 SR that I couldn't refuse and moved on to another project (HewesCraft) which netted me out more of those green paper thingees they call "MONEY". I'm happy! 

Danno

Quote from: amazing grace on November 14, 2014, 10:03:21 AM
Then there is the depreciation. Shall we not talk about that one? The thousands  left on the showroom floor that can be seen in the rear view mirror as you tow your new boat home. 

I suspect most that bought an Arima in the 80' and 90's and kept them this long are selling them for about what they paid for them.
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

ak-angler

While new is nice, really nice. What about the first several "aw crap" moments. Those hurt far, far less when you own something that the previous owner/'s have already accomplished :smile1:

Somebody has to buy a new one before it can be a used one... right?
1985 Sea Ranger 17 Skiff Top with 2012 Suzuki DF90A - Sold

2007 Cape Cruiser Marinaut 26 with twin 2006 Honda BF90's

croaker stroker

Quote from: ak-angler on November 14, 2014, 08:50:52 PM

Somebody has to buy a new one before it can be a used one... right?

May as well spend it. We all have to leave this planet someday.  They won't let you bring money with you.  :beerchug:

Quote from: LvrWurst 21 SR Skip on November 14, 2014, 03:59:32 PM
Croaker,....I tried turning my screen upside down to read your list, but I broke the screen before I could read it.

Gosh. sorry John. Hope you didn't hurt yourself.

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

blindmonkey

I found an old 1995 registration with my old boat a 1994 Sea Explorer, 60 Mercury BigFoot 2 stroke that was bought in 1995 by the original owner that showed a value of approx $13400 without trailer so I think they have held their value pretty well especially if you consider the devaluation of the dollar since then.
Lorne
2013 17' Sea Chaser, Honda 90, Yamaha F8 SOLD
1994 Sea Explorer, Mercury 60, SOLD

LvrWurst 21 SR Skip

AK...I like that thought...."someone has to buy a new one before it can be a used one". Spent the last 24 hours looking for a good used 19 Chaser Skippy for my buddy....lots of phone calls/viewing & sorting...all of it wearing me down.  I wonder how many folks have bought new out of frustration from trying to locate their used "Dream Boat"?

I did take a few pics of the Arima 21 HT & the Defiance Allied Warhawk....One thing is for sure, if I measure the amount of time, fellowship & number of people we have accomodated int boat.....the 21 Warhawk would best suit our needs. However, when I want to go the "Salt" and big water which is maybe 10 % of the time....the Arima will be a far better boat.

LvrWurst 21 SR Skip

a few more pics of War Hawk.....I this could almost be a "Six Pack".....

strokersquid

agree the Arima looks more like what I would take out on the Bay and the Pacific but then I already have one. For you river rats maybe the Defiance.

Markshoreline

Lvr
With my 19 I never,ever one wished for more hp than the Yammie 115 kicked out, and I sure as heck wouldn't want another 100 lbs on the stern.  Fwiw
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

corky12

How about a new 130 Yamaha on that 19'.  about 100 lbs less than that 150 Honda and just  the right power whe loaded down.

Flying Arima

I have a 115 yamaha on my 19ft chaser it is more than enough power. I think the 115 is the perfect match for the 19. My boat will get 4.5 mpg cruising in the right conditions and open her up she will scoot along at 36mph.
James

2015 19ft sea chaser / REEL TYME
2015 yamaha 115

LvrWurst 21 SR Skip

Interestingly, the special order 19 Chaser sold. I learned today that the 21 HT just sold. Also, the Defiance/Allied 21 War Hawk.
I wonder what Bucks will order next? Maybe a new Arima Center Console. That would be fun to test out.

So far I have found that my new to me 115 Yami 4 Stroke works out just fine on the 19 Jetcraft. WOT 39 MPH. I have put on 11 hours in the last 30 days....went to fill up the 38 gal tank thinking maybe I used 1/2 a tank. It overflowed after putting in a little more than 8 gallons. Then I looked back at my gas receipts, forgetting that I put in 15 gallons several weeks ago....but even with that....it seems quite economical. And none of that was trolling....all get-up and go.  Guess I'll put in a flow meter so that I can dial in consumption.  Happy overall with it, except when I start thinking of heading to the salt......Can't beat an Arima for that kind water........
Lvr

Markshoreline

LVR you need to keep that rig- 2 GPH is remarkable!
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9