News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Arima 19 Sea Chaser

Started by LvrWurst 21 SR Skip, August 25, 2014, 09:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LvrWurst 21 SR Skip

So I went up to Buck's to check out my new Yami hanging on my 17 SR. I spotted this new 19 Chaser that appears to have fallen out of a special order by client.

Though we have tons of Arima's down here, I hadn't seen a new 19 Chaser up close.......all I can say is WOW! There is almost the same amount of "Dance Floor" as my older 21 SR...truly a Sweet package....150 Honda 4 Blade prop -Trim Tabs- Dual Companion Storage Seats...Folding Tonque--Low Bunk Trailer by California Trailer Works - Best of all, it will fit in my garage....just need some cash!  JW
19' Jetcraft  Like new 115 Yami 4 Stroke 
SOLD  16 Sea Explorer - 17 SR Skip -19 SR Skip - 21 SR Skip

German Sausages are the WURST!

Rokefin

Yes I saw that boat...looks very sweet. I also like the 21 footer sitting on the showroom floor

GregE

Tandem axle and side bunks.  Nice set up   :applause:

Maybe we need a Co-op fund for such short notice opportunities...    :wink:
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Salmon King

:whistle: Ahhh...to be wealthy enough to actually BUY a NEW boat!  (Picture me dreamin')
I'm tired of buying into other peoples problems.
Just once I'd like to own a boat and some gear that didn't require 3 days of prep to get on the water for 1 day.
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

CDRN

Beautiful.  What are they asking?
2012 Stabicraft 1850 Fish'r, 2011 Yamaha 90

Caston

Quote from: Salmon King on August 25, 2014, 02:07:43 PM
:whistle:Ahhh...to be wealthy enough to actually BUY a NEW boat!  (Picture me dreamin')
I'm tired of buying into other peoples problems.
Just once I'd like to own a boat and gear that didn't require 3 days of prep to get on the water for 1 day.

Well if Stream Fixer ever sells his current boat be ready to jump! I've got three years of steady use out of his last one without a single issue! He must treat his boats right. :gone_fishing:
'94 Sea Chaser 17
'97 Honda 90
'99 Honda 8
everyone goes home

Seattleflyfisher

Really a 150 hp?  Not sure if the guy wanted a bass boat. :doh:

SFF

Salmon King

Quote from: Seattleflyfisher on August 25, 2014, 07:51:20 PM
Really a 150 hp?  Not sure if the guy want a bass boat. :doh:

SFF

:yeahthat:

I would think it would perform just fine with my 90 Etec hanging on it.
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

LvrWurst 21 SR Skip

CDRN....I was into Buck's today. Price is approx 42K +Tax, Lic. & Regis......Of course they have freight down here from Defiance, so maybe a dealer up there would be less expensive.  J W

SFF & SK......150 Yami is what I had on my 19 SR...Lucky Chucky replaced his 150 Pro V with a Yami 150, also. When ya gotta go.....ya gotta go. Kinda like the old constipated indian that took too much Ex-Lax over several weeks. Upon returning to the Doctor, the Doc asked him "You move, yet?"   Old indian said..."Yes...me have to move....Tee Pee full of SH--!
Neither Chuck nor I were disappointed with the performance.  J Doo Doo

Seattleflyfisher

I think at some point you have to wonder why? These boats are not bass boats nor where they ever designed for that kind of power. I think I also seen a 21' with a 200 hp Honda for sale awhile back. Just does not make any sense. Mr Arima or even Don at that point would have a few words about that.

Good luck with that Pro bass boat.

SFF

So.Cali

"If it's too fast, you're too old!" Thats what I always told people when they said my car was too fast. (they were probably right. I'm surprised I'm still alive, and I still have the car :biggrin:)

Salmon King

I'd be willing to bet the dealer would shave off a goodly amount of bucks to swap out that motor down to a 90 or 115.

Not saying I would be disappointed with the performance of the 150...just that it is too much motor for the way I would use that boat. ...IMHO

:twocents:
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

Threeweight

Arima hulls are slow.  The price we pay for the stability and fuel economy.  Maxing out power on these boats (at least the 21' and under boats) is sort of like putting a v8 in a Subaru.  You can do it, and it will be faster than the average Subaru, but it will never be a Corvette.

Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Lingripper

If you use the boat like Shawn does for tuna and 600# of ice 400# of people and another 100# of gear 150 is perfect on that boat. 115 would never get up on plain and if it did you would be maxing out rpms so you would defeat your great gas milage at that point. I would rather run a motor 5-8 hundred rpms less and get the same fuel performance during my normal use than push a smaller motor to higher rpms just to maintain 22-26 knots. My  :twocents:
1990 Ranger 19 Ht
2009 140 Suzuki
2008 Yamaha 8 HT

Threeweight

Shawn used to run a 115 on his 21' before he built Frankenzuki ... now he runs a 140.   :whistle:

150 is a lot for a 19, any way you look at it.
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Lingripper

I agree I have the 140 on my 19 and the only drawback I have is the weight makes the boat sit lower in the water but then again I have a jack plate also moving my motor back 6.5". That part I like helps the boat plain like now and I don't have to move my custom table as the motor clears when all the way up. The fuel eco on mine has averaged 5.2 all summer so far. I still would not complain with a new 115 yamaha but weight is not much different to the new 150.
1990 Ranger 19 Ht
2009 140 Suzuki
2008 Yamaha 8 HT

LvrWurst 21 SR Skip

The new '19 Sea Chaser sold today.   J W

amazing grace

I had a pretty good load in the the 19' SR Skiptower today. 800#+ of people and probably 300# of gear. 8hp honda tiller. The boat (115hp Yamaha two stroke) preformed very well. Trim tabs would of helped getting on plane. But was not an issue.  Really like the package. Would not hesitate to put one of the lighter weight 150's on it though.  :rimshot:
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

LvrWurst 21 SR Skip

AG...as you know, your 19 SR originally came with a tired but good Merc. 150 Black Max....it topped out at close to 48 MPH. The Max HP rating on it was 175. After repowering Chuckie's 19 HT and my 19 SR with Yami 150 4 Strokes, we were right at 42 MPH. That's no "Slug". But, as my Dad used to say when were building flying wings for control line out of aluminum tubing & aluminum sheets...."One can make a turd fly with enough horsepower!"
However, I agree with the weight factors and the economies of scale that Mr. Arima built into his boats. If one is rigging out with the heavier 4 strokes...it only makes sense keep the ass end lighter to accomodate the weight of kicker, too. Just sayin... J W

Seattleflyfisher

.Arimas were not designed for 4 stroke motors. We put them on because we can, but the weight was in place for 2 stroke motors. I love to read about 150 and 200 4 strokes on 19' Arimas.

SFF

StreamFixer

I agree, however, adding more weight than the boat is designed for can do interesting things to the trim of the boat, especially with a following sea...

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Hydro-Therapy

I used to think 115 hp on a 19 was as much as you would ever want. But a couple weeks ago I found my self at full throttle and not going anywhere. I had 4 people in the boat and was encountering some rough water that day. The tide was running out at about 6 mph and there was a 3 ft wind chop going the opposite direction on top, I got in between a couple of the swells and  looked over at the pilings and saw that I was just sitting there making no head way while I was at full throttle. That is when I really wished I had more Horsepower.

H-T 
Fish forever Work whenever !!!!!
"89" 19SR Keith 115 Merc. 15 4s kicker W/trollmaster Raymarine A70D

LvrWurst 21 SR Skip

Russ....personaly speaking, I don't think that "SELFIE" photo does much for your image. Doo Dad

Markshoreline

Hydro
If the additional HP you desired came at the cost of having more weight on board I might not have wished for it.
Do you have a 4 blade 15" pitch prop?  If so, maybe a 4 blade 13" would be the answer for that condition.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Caston

The Honda BF115 and BF150 are the same weight so why that would be an issue here.  :shrug9:

As long as your packing around 478 lbs why not have the extra 35hp?   
'94 Sea Chaser 17
'97 Honda 90
'99 Honda 8
everyone goes home