News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Black toggle switches???

Started by MrZman558, August 11, 2014, 04:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrZman558

On my Sea Ranger 17, there's two black toggle switches on the transom by the motor on either side. One just next to the primer bulb line and the other in the same location on the other side. The one by the primer bulb line when toggled up turns something on and off. The other one does nothing. I need to know what it's connected to? I'm a recent owner of a pre-owned and actually, now my 90 Yamaha won't turn over after sitting for about a year. Zachary

La-Z-Buoy

Hi MRZ,

What year is your boat?

On my 87 17sc there are two switches in the motor well, one on each side. One on the starboard side is for the baitwell pump. The pump is actually located somewhere under the fuel tank. It provides water for the bait well on the starboard side. Is there any plumbing in or under that baitwell? The switch on the port side is for a raw water (lake/sea water) wash down pump. My pump is located under the port baitwell and feeds a hose fitting in the motor well. The intakes for these pumps are located one on either side of the drain hole in the transom.

Being that you are not the original owner who knows what the switches are for but that would be my best guess.

Richard
Richard

2001 21' Sea Ranger HT
2017 DF 140 Suzuki, Honda 8

LvrWurst 21 SR Skip

MRZ....on every Arima that I have owned with cuddy mounted water tank, there has been a toggle switch on inboard port side of the motor well. This switch allows water to be pumped from the water tank into the port side transom wash/bait well.   Arima also located an in-line (cheapo) fuse behind the angled port side of fuel tank smaller transom board....which is very hard to reach. Good luck....J W
19' Jetcraft  Like new 115 Yami 4 Stroke 
SOLD  16 Sea Explorer - 17 SR Skip -19 SR Skip - 21 SR Skip

German Sausages are the WURST!