News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Make life easier... folding hand trucks and fish cleaning table

Started by Threeweight, August 23, 2014, 07:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Threeweight

Costco "Magna Cart" folding hand trucks make hauling things back and forth up the dock when you moor much, much easier.  150# capacity and the fold flat for storage in the cuddy.  Lowes, etc... also sell them.  I think I got mine for $30.  The only downside is the wheels are narrow and can sink into gaps if the planks on the docks are too far apart.

http://www.amazon.com/Magna-Cart-Personal-Hand-Truck/dp/B000HVVSDU

Another discovery is this "Lifetime" brand folding table... was on sale for $40 from Fred Meyer when we got it.  4' long, and has adjustable height... use some zip ties to block off the low height setting holes, and just use it at it's tallest setting.  Put's the work surface approximately 38" off the ground... perfect height for me to clean fish without having to stoop and kill my back.  Extra super handy for carking Tuna!

http://www.amazon.com/Lifetime-Adjustable-4428-Folding-Utility/dp/B003YJPC2A

Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

DSCS

Three cheers for the Magna Cart. We fish a couple of derbies every year. Some times it's a long walk from the parking spot (boat or vehicle) to a long weigh-in line. Strap the Katch Kooler to the Magna Cart to make  life easy.

Alan
We're most of us liars, we're 'arf of us thieves,
an' the rest are as rank as can be,
But once in a while we can finish in style
(which I 'ope it won't 'appen to me).

Markshoreline

After carrying my stuff following you guys with your Magna Carts.... I now have one!  Great compact device!
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Peddler

My mom-in-law bought me one of those carts for Christmas one year. Initially I was thinking "It's the thought that counts, WTH am I gonna use this gimmick?" I'll be damned though, if it isn't one of the handiest things I have. It lives in the back of my truck, and I use it regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wishin' I was Fishin'