News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Rod Holders Folbe - Scotty Orca

Started by StreamFixer, June 15, 2011, 05:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StreamFixer

I need to get two rod holders and am trying to decide between Scotty Orca's and Folbe's.

The base is a Scotty and will not be changing.

Does anyone have experience with both?  Will Folbe work in a Scotty base?  Can I get just the holder for either one or am I going to be stuck with extra bases?

StreamFixer

P.S.  That was quick.  Found a very reliable source on iFish noting that Scotty's will fit in a Folbe's mount but Folbe's will NOT fit in a Scotty mount.  Since I just got two Scotty gimbals to convert the rear facing factory rod holders (and they fit beautifully) and that is where I need the new holders, the selection question has been solved.  Orca's it is. 
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Hydro-Therapy

Russ have you tried the Scotty Strikers ,They are real nice for the bigger rods. They are also the ones every one on my boat wants to use. Only have 2 and usually fish 4 LOL

Hydro-Therapy

Fish forever Work whenever !!!!!
"89" 19SR Keith 115 Merc. 15 4s kicker W/trollmaster Raymarine A70D

croaker stroker

I like that the Folbe can go straight up, like a rocket launcher. (they have a triple bracket)

Also, made in USA by a small family owned company.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WyNavr5dyA

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Threeweight

Yes, but Scotty is Canadian.  Crappy beer, good rod holders.  :jester:

Fisherman's has those big beefy Scotty Strikers on sale right now for $29.  I wouldn't mind upgrading to a set of them some day myself.
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

woody

Good price.  SportCo is $36 for Striker (all with mounts); $21 for gimbles, $29 for Orca and $10 for 6.5" extenders. And you have to worry about shipping.

Woody