News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Good Day Crabbing on Mission Bar

Started by DSCS, July 03, 2014, 01:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DSCS

Left Dagmars Marina on the Snohomish at 7:00 this morning. Went out to Mission Bar off the Steamboat Slough and limited out in short order.  Two pots in 60'-70' each had twenty to thirty crab, most of them smalls and females. We did get several keepers out of each pot. Two pots in 120'-150' had about seven in each, but every one was a male keeper.   :smile1:

Big Boy of the Day -over 8"

The Days Catch

I think there might be an extra one in this picture. I always double and triple check my wife's count before we button up and head for home. I did have to get rid of one "stow away" today.

Alan
We're most of us liars, we're 'arf of us thieves,
an' the rest are as rank as can be,
But once in a while we can finish in style
(which I 'ope it won't 'appen to me).

GoodDays

Sure Alan !! Blame the wife for the extra one ...  I've heard that before

DSCS

Quote from: GoodDays on July 03, 2014, 02:55:01 PM
Sure Alan !! Blame the wife for the extra one ...  I've heard that before

Well, the dog stayed home today so I couldn't blame him!   :shrug9:

Alan

GregE

I'm counting 10 so Somebody's eyes.......   :hoboy:

Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Tom Mac

Nice hall Allen, my daughter and I tried last Saturday and got Zip (did get a nice Ling and a big ugly Cabazon), If you were up here and your wife has a licence you are 2 over. What's the limit in Washington State?
1991 Sea Ranger 17, 2014 F90 Yamaha, 2008 T8 Yamaha

DSCS

Puget Sound crab limit is 5 Dungeness crab , 6 1/4" min - Columbia River iimit s 12, 5 3/4" min - Ocean ilimit s 6, 6" min. All must be males.

Alan

Markshoreline

You really got into them!  What Alan didn't mention is that they were done in an hour!
We had a slow morning with the outgoing tide, the afternoon incoming was much more generous, however.  We still had room on our punchcards for an evening pull but we'd already showered and had crab carbonara rigatoni for dinner, and well, you know.....
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

headduck

Barely legal :biggrin:

Mark, how deep were you dippin'?

Thanks, ed
2003 19' Sea Ranger Skip Top 2015 Mercury 115 2012 Evinrude 9.8

1987 17' Sea Ranger 90 Honda (sold)

Markshoreline

E-TEC Pacer

MA 9  has been good the last two days.
17' '05 Pacer
2014 E TEC 90
I'd get rid of my wife before I'd get rid of my
E TEC and I really love my wife.

StreamFixer

Be sure you are circulating the water crab are being held in.  It becomes oxygen depleted in about 20 minutes and they begin to die.  As they die, I have been told they release a nasty toxin that is either not good for humans or degrades the meat --  I can never remember which, just that it is not a good thing.

Dandy catch....   :clap:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

E-TEC Pacer

I figure the boat's moving around enough to keep the water splashing around in there and oxygenated enough to keep 'em alive. They're still pretty darn lively by the time they go into the cooking pot. Thanks for the info though.
17' '05 Pacer
2014 E TEC 90
I'd get rid of my wife before I'd get rid of my
E TEC and I really love my wife.

Sea Bear

That is a nice days catch!  We went out Friday evening and caught a few in Port Susan.  One was big, like yours.  Now that I'm more caught up on work... hoping to put in a good crabbing day next week over in Elger bay.  Thanks for sharing the photos!   :beerchug:
1981 Arima Sea Chaser 17'
Evinrude 70hp 2 stroke & Evinrude 9.5 Sportwin

www.americanbroomshop.com

DSCS

I thought the bar might have been picked pretty clean over the holiday weekend. Decided to give it another try today just to see. First pot in the water at 7:30 AM. At 9:00 AM we had limited out, stowed our gear, and were heading for home.

A couple of the rascals were camera shy and jumped off the trap while I was digging out the iPhone.

Alan

Markshoreline