News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

First trip to Neah Bay

Started by Crackerbox, July 01, 2014, 12:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crackerbox

Well, every year we have a family fishing derby. We usually held it at my uncles in Poulsbo and fished at PNP, Skunk bay, Pilot.....  Since fishing was shutdown early last year and regulation changes, we decided to take it to Neah Bay.

The conditions were not ideal, high winds and a nasty algae bloom in the water.  I believe my uncle said it came from the "Georgia Strait".  We were not able to hit Swiftsure on Friday before the derby as planned but made the best of it.  This was the first real shakedown of Crackerbox.

So we packed up and took off

Here is part of the younger crew

My first salmon on the new boat!

Fun times with a few fish caught.  Oh and since it was a derby, one of our boats had engine issues, so they stayed inside and bottom fished.  They ended up catching the derby winner.

Joe

DSCS

We're most of us liars, we're 'arf of us thieves,
an' the rest are as rank as can be,
But once in a while we can finish in style
(which I 'ope it won't 'appen to me).

pgbrown

Excellent! great job breaking in "Crackerbox"
2014 17' Sea Ranger
90 hp Yamaha
9.9 hp Yamaha

E-TEC Pacer

I like the double swivel seats on the boxes! Do they work ok and don't get in the way of each other? I just ordered another box for more storage space for the drivers side and thinking of the cushion but I like your double swivels. Nice fish too!
17' '05 Pacer
2014 E TEC 90
I'd get rid of my wife before I'd get rid of my
E TEC and I really love my wife.

BruceL2_Fish

Looks like a good time.   Way to break in the new rig. 

Bruce
2012 Sea Ranger 19 (M. LaDeane)
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

Salmon King

Great job on the fish but... :applause:
You couldn't have caught that fish on your boat...there's the fish blood!
Your boat is far to clean to be a fish catcher... :jester:
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

Markshoreline

Neah Bay has lots of treasures, glad you found some!  Great way to break in the Crackerbox!
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

BruceL2_Fish

Neah Bay is such a great place to fish.  The are is awesome to look at from a boat.   Sounds like a fun trip.    I also noticed the boat was too clean to have just gotten fish.   I guess that's the "keep my new boat clean effect".  Don't blame you she is a beauty. 

Bruce
2012 Sea Ranger 19 (M. LaDeane)
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

Crackerbox

Right now I am a clean freak.  The funny thing is I went to camp and came back with seagulls covering the boat.  Come to find out my brother in law left his bag of food in the boat.  There was bird crap everywhere, every inch of the boat was covered. 

Right then and there I made my first captains decree, "Take your @#%$*@!$@# food off the boat or lock it up!"

E-Tec Pacer,  I love the seats.  I like how comfortable they are and easy to move and do not get in the way.  The canvas will cover them, but you can't sit comfortably in them at the same time.  The fish box lids will not raise all the way, but usually you do not need them to.

Wyrguy

Quote from: Crackerbox on July 01, 2014, 12:50:26 PM

The conditions were not ideal, high winds and a nasty algae bloom in the water.  I believe my uncle said it came from the "Georgia Strait".

My first salmon on the new boat!

Joe

Interesting thought on the algae bloom... Looks like it's been happening all along the West Coast areas (not from Georgia Strait though :doh: )

This was posted on the Sport Fishing BC site:

Water color this year
http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28390

Nice fish, but sorry to hear about the seagull 'bloom' too. I've heard that several brightly coloured rubber snakes from the Dollar Store laying on the roof/decks/railings will deter any birds from landing on your boat... I'll be trying it out on mine soon!

Wyrguy Rick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'Arima Therapy' - Life begins where the land ends!
2012 Sea Legend HT, blue hull, S/S 6 rod rocket launcher/radar arch
F250XCA O/S T9.9 Yamahas Yamaha Command Link Plus  iTroll throttle control
Aluminum I-beam EZ Loader trailer
Raymarine E120W, Digital HD Colour radar, Two Scotty HP 2106 DRs