News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

trailer question

Started by Bryan S., June 10, 2011, 11:44:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan S.

Wondering if anybody know the specs I need for looking at trailers that will work for my 89 17' seachaser? I think you need the transom to eye hook measurement?
1989 Sea Chaser 17'
2011 Honda 90
2005 Merc 9.9

Hydro-Therapy

Bryan actually the most important spec is the weight . There are trailers out there that will carry a 17' boat that don't have enough gvw to do it safely.I would look at the highest gvw you can get for a 17' boat. The price will be reflected in the amount weight the trailer will carry.So the cheapest one will probably not be the right one. The other option would be to have brakes on it. This would be must.

Hydro-Therapy
Fish forever Work whenever !!!!!
"89" 19SR Keith 115 Merc. 15 4s kicker W/trollmaster Raymarine A70D

Bryan S.

Okay, but the trailer dealer I called told me to get the measurement I described in my first post. They are goin to compile a list of trailers that would work for my boat and let me compare price and features. Soooo back to were do I get that measurement other than Arima. I was kinda hoping that someone on this site with a 17'er had already figured out the number I'm looking for.  :shrug9: I suppose a tape and me on my back under the boat will be the next option.
1989 Sea Chaser 17'
2011 Honda 90
2005 Merc 9.9

Hydro-Therapy

I would measure mine and give it to you but I have a 19 , sorry :shrug9:

Hydro-Therapy
Fish forever Work whenever !!!!!
"89" 19SR Keith 115 Merc. 15 4s kicker W/trollmaster Raymarine A70D

StreamFixer

Quote from: Bryan S. on June 10, 2011, 03:11:20 PM
Soooo back to were do I get that measurement other than Arima.

Try a PM to burnsiegal.  Belinda worked there for years and was the 'go to person' for answers and help.  She might know.  Let us know if she helps.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

baddawg

Give the guys at Boat Country in Everett WA a call.  They are a King trailer and Arima dealer and they can help you with info you need.   If you are looking for a new trailer in the Pacific NW they will have as good or better price as anyone in the area.  Picked up a King bunk trailer for my 17SR there a couple of winters ago and it is great!

Danno

The 17's are 16'11" in length so use that length. The bow eyelet is approximately 6" short of the tip but then the transom has a reverse angle which adds a few inches. The winch stands are adjustable so the plus or minus 6" isn't going to make a lot of difference. If the measurement is that critical, your trailer dealer should measure your boat for you so they don't make a mistake on the trailer selection.

if you're buying a bunk trailer, make sure it's wide enough to sit between the wheels. I don't think brakes are mandatory but if I were buying one for a 17', I would get them. My trailer for my 17 does not and I won't bother adding brakes.

I would also recommend at least a 2800 pound GVW capacity.
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

LvrWurst 21 SR Skip

Bryan....Although you are out of my area, it would be worthy to call / Fax  / email this manufacturer as they are familiar with Arima's.
As I recall you were having trouble with your existing trailer....These guys can rework or give you plenty of ideas on how to overcome existing issues or advise on search criteria for a replacement.
Talk with #1 Steve #2 Kevin California Trailer Works, Inc 916 381 7619  FX 916 381 7612   caltrailerworks.com
Best regards,
JW 89  19 SR Skip-T Yami 150 4S EZL
19' Jetcraft  Like new 115 Yami 4 Stroke 
SOLD  16 Sea Explorer - 17 SR Skip -19 SR Skip - 21 SR Skip

German Sausages are the WURST!

StreamFixer

My Pacific galvanized trailer (in Northern California) is holding up well in-spite of spending its first 15 years totally in salt.  Just put on new bunks.  Several places showing rust in the bunk supports but the 'meat' is still there.  Had to pull new wiring in Oct of '09 (when I bought the boat/trailer). 

Yet another option for you to consider.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

arimaed

Baddawg,

Glad to see you made it over to the new site! Welcome aboard!

Ed
1985 17' Sea Chaser 1985 75hp Mercury and 1985 9.8hp Mercury