News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Navionics sonar maps

Started by Diablo, April 30, 2014, 09:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Threeweight

The software that came on your dvd is the same chart installer you download off their web site when you do the upgrade of the Platinum + chip (Navionics Chart Installer). 

The $99 upgrade gets the latest version of the Platinum + maps and 3d data, the Navionics + high detail data, the latest social media update, and unlimited downloads of all the above for 12 months.  Apparently the latest Platinum + chips are 16 gigs... from what I read online they will send you one of those to replace the old 2 gig version.  Called today but their customer support is only open from 9-5 East Coast time.

I think the size of the download is related to the chip you have.  My Platinum + is the 3d mapping chip for the entire West Coast of the US, plus the Columbia River.  The new version of that chip, and the Navionics +, requires a ton of room.
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Diablo

When I upgraded I could not load as large an area as I had when using the gold chip. I did have the entire west coast, which is still on the gold card. For the upgrade card I had to reduce my selection to Puget Sound up a little into Canada and the CR. You had to use a selection rectangle to limit the area to down load. :twocents:
'98 19SR  '15 E Tec 115, '10 Honda 8
'67. 23 Tollycraft, 283 Chevy
'04  14' Western, '15 Tohatsu 10
'87  37 Roughwater two 8.2 Detroit diesels SOLD
'88 17SR  '90 Johnson 90, Honda 8, SOLD

Hydro-Therapy

When you buy the CD what is to stop you from using the largest chip you can get to load all the charts you desire on it that you have paid for ??

H-T
Fish forever Work whenever !!!!!
"89" 19SR Keith 115 Merc. 15 4s kicker W/trollmaster Raymarine A70D

Threeweight

The installer software won't work on a chip that isn't pre-formatted by Navionics.
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

T-Rex

Ok I'm getting close to having these sonar maps figured out.
I have the 2 types of maps on my chip, Gold and Sonar Charts.
I have for the most part using the gold up till now but think I'll be switching to the sonar.
At first look sonar doesn't seem that nice, the detail is there but my screen was just white with black lines and plain looking, after setting up a shallow limit of 90' and deep water limit of 150' I end up with a nice white path 90-150' deep. This will make it waay easier to stay at a target depth. Plus it will help when you need someone else to steer your boat, just tell them to follow the white path, easier than trying to stay on a contour line, track or route.
Sea Chaser 17, Suzuki DF90A