News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

sponson mounted transducer results

Started by T-Rex, April 05, 2014, 10:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Rex

I'm considering mounting my trasducer on the port sponson and wondered if anyone actually tried one there, i know there has been much discussion on all the possible mounting locations, no need to re visit all that. I'm just curious what your results were if you actually mounted one there thanks.

A few reasons why im considering puting it there...my tabs are 12x9 and boat is a 17 chaser so that doesnt leave enough room without the transducer potentially causing ventilation for my prop, i wanna be well outside the swing radius, It has a speed sensing paddle wheel which i prefer over ground speed for trolling, it would also be protected on the port side by the kicker and bracket so i wouldnt have to worry about banging a knee into it or bumping it into something on the water.
Transducer is an Airmar p66
Sea Chaser 17, Suzuki DF90A

First Cabin

I had no problems with my transducer mounted there.
First:  1982 15' SeaHunter, Yamaha 70 2-stroke, Yamaha F6
Second:  1987 17' SeaRanger, Merc 90 2-stroke, Yamaha F8
Current:  2002 17' SeaChaser, Yamaha F100, Yamaha T8

Hydro-Therapy

I have had mine mounted on the Starboard sponson for 3 years now and have had no problems with it there at all. Thought about the port side but did not want the kicker prop wash to interfere.

The only problem with mounting on the sponson is it is angled the opposite of the transom and you will have to make some shims. As the mounting brackets won't adjust that much .

H-T
Fish forever Work whenever !!!!!
"89" 19SR Keith 115 Merc. 15 4s kicker W/trollmaster Raymarine A70D

CanvasGuy

had mine there but rooster tailed.. sprayed mist into the cockpit
moved it to hull below and right of center... fine now...
Gary Smart
boatless  now
http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke