News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Marine Electrical Wiring Workshop

Started by GregE, February 25, 2014, 10:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GregE

Calendar Alert
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE MEDIA CONTACT:
January 29, 2014 Meg Matthews
Washington Sea Grant
206-291-5942
megmm@uw.edu

Marine Electrical Wiring Workshop

Washington Sea Grant and the Gig Harbor BoatShop at Eddon Boatyard are cosponsoring a
Marine Electrical Wiring Workshop for commercial fishermen and recreational boaters.
WHAT:
Designed for boat owners who want to upgrade their vesselsʼ electrical systems. Topics covered
include American Boat and Yacht Council standards for safest wiring, selecting wire sizes,
circuit breaker and fuse ratings, cable routing and labeling, shore power circuits, battery
charging circuits, corrosion protection circuits, engine instrument systems and troubleshooting.
WHO:
Recreational boaters and commercial fishermen will benefit from this class
WHEN:
Sunday, March 23, 9 a.m.—4 p.m.
WHERE:
Gig Harbor BoatShop at Eddon Boatyard
3805 Harborview Drive
Gig Harbor, Wash., 98335
PRICE:
$60; pre-registration required.
For information and registration, contact Sarah Fisken: sfisken@uw.edu or 0.
# # #
Housed in the College of the Environment at the University of Washington, Washington Sea Grant leads research,
outreach and education for people to understand and address challenges facing our oceans and coasts.
Join the conversation with @WASeaGrant and facebook.com/WaSeaGrant
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

finfinn

Great location, probably a good course, and afterwards you can dine at Tides Tavern. What a deal :applause:. May have to miss it though :jester:.
Had a glorious SR19 Finnesse.
You can not change the length of your life, but boating does increase its width and depth.

ak-angler

That looks like a great opportunity to learn about a subject that many boaters find intimidating and confusing.

Hopefully they'll have a packed house.
1985 Sea Ranger 17 Skiff Top with 2012 Suzuki DF90A - Sold

2007 Cape Cruiser Marinaut 26 with twin 2006 Honda BF90's

AlAdams

For those interested in attending this program there are 6 people signed up as of today with room for 4 more.  I signed up this morning.  Sarah will put you on the list with payment due at the door.  Al
You can't trust water, even a straight stick will turn crooked in it - WC Fields

'04 SR 21' w/Skip Tower  '04 Honda 130' '16 Honda 9.9

Seattleflyfisher

AlAdams

I emailed her last night and got a response this morning about 10am.  I also sent a second email to her using a u.washington.edu address instead of the uw.edu address. 
You can't trust water, even a straight stick will turn crooked in it - WC Fields

Seattleflyfisher

R42itus

I'm signed up and looking forward to a good learning experience!
2005 21' Sea Ranger Hardtop Lewmar Pro-Fish 700 Windlass with enlarged anchor locker. 2005 Honda 150 2005 Honda 15 with TR1

GregE

Wow,  I tried to email yesterday-  guess I should have jumped in before posting this.......   :biggrin:

Anybody have a phone #?
Greg
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

R42itus

I checked the email I got back from Sarah but it did not contain a phone number.
Sarah Fisken <sfisken@u.washington.edu>
2005 21' Sea Ranger Hardtop Lewmar Pro-Fish 700 Windlass with enlarged anchor locker. 2005 Honda 150 2005 Honda 15 with TR1

Wyrguy

HEY...! WTH you guys trying to do, put me out to 'pasture' (like you've done to Russ...? :-0 )

Rick

ps: looks like a good informational course... but walk slowly Grasshopper! I've only been 'involved' with electricity for 49 yrs so far... and still don't know 'everything'
&#39;Arima Therapy&#39; - Life begins where the land ends!
2012 Sea Legend HT, blue hull, S/S 6 rod rocket launcher/radar arch
F250XCA O/S T9.9 Yamahas Yamaha Command Link Plus  iTroll throttle control
Aluminum I-beam EZ Loader trailer
Raymarine E120W, Digital HD Colour radar, Two Scotty HP 2106 DRs

AlAdams

No worries Rick!  I'm guessing most of it won't sink in.  But, if at the end of the day the light bulb comes on a little bit I'll be happy. 

Greg - I'll look for a phone number.  I think there was one on either her e-mail or the web site. 

blindmonkey

I have been picking up some pieces Rick to upgrade mine, hope to touch base with you soon. Although with a new snowfall of about a foot its hard to think boating  :bigshock:
Lorne
2013 17' Sea Chaser, Honda 90, Yamaha F8 SOLD
1994 Sea Explorer, Mercury 60, SOLD

Wyrguy

Quote from: blindmonkey on March 02, 2014, 05:06:35 PM
Although with a new snowfall of about a foot its hard to think boating  :bigshock:

Snow??? What snow? It's beautiful down here in 'sunny' Victoria!!!

Blindmonkey, I'll get hold of you this week... and I have to get Al's info to him early this week too  :doh:  :redface:

Rick

StreamFixer

Who spilled the powdered sugar all over the lawn???  :bigshock:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Wyrguy

Quote from: StreamFixer on March 02, 2014, 05:59:16 PM
Who spilled the powdered sugar all over the lawn???  :bigshock:

StreamFixer

Powdered sugar...?  :shrug9: no, no, no... that's the reflective sun tanning blanket that 'somebody' here uses... :whistle:

Rick

blindmonkey

Lorne
2013 17' Sea Chaser, Honda 90, Yamaha F8 SOLD
1994 Sea Explorer, Mercury 60, SOLD

GregE

I got into the class........   :party:

It's full now but she says if there is interest they will do another...... 
Greg

ak-angler

Wow - it sounds like about half the class (or more?) will be folks from the Arima Owners forum. Have fun and learn a lot, guys! (I'll be busy taking my bow hunting certification test on the 23rd.)

AlAdams

Glad you got in Greg.  We should think about a recap session at the Tides Tavern afterwards.

wedocq

Quote from: ak-angler on March 10, 2014, 02:02:07 PM
Wow - it sounds like about half the class (or more?) will be folks from the Arima Owners forum. Have fun and learn a lot, guys! (I'll be busy taking my bow hunting certification test on the 23rd.)
What exactly is there to certify? That you know how to shoot a bow without hurting someone?  :doh: I have not seen any new hunting from the boat posts in a real long time. You need to get off the schnide up there AK. Don't you know we are all living vicariously thru you and your outdoor adventures? And we don't want to hear no, "but it's Alaska in the middle of winter" excuses either!  :whistle:
-Shawn
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

ak-angler

Quote from: wedocq on March 13, 2014, 10:51:01 PM
Quote from: ak-angler on March 10, 2014, 02:02:07 PM
What exactly is there to certify? That you know how to shoot a bow without hurting someone?  :doh: I have not seen any new hunting from the boat posts in a real long time. You need to get off the schnide up there AK. Don't you know we are all living vicariously thru you and your outdoor adventures? And we don't want to hear no, "but it's Alaska in the middle of winter" excuses either!  :whistle:
-Shawn

Yeah, pretty much. It's just a basic proficiency test. Hafta range and shoot four 3D targets placed between 10 and 30 yards (seriously - 10 yards? With my setup, I'm still holding the first pin at 30 yards!). One shot each from both kneeling and standing. Each target needs at least one 'kill' shot, with two kills on one target. Pretty simple, really.

And, sorry about not posting a legit write-up on this year's hunting trips. I went out twice - once with my brother just before Thanksgiving, and a solo trip the last week of December. I did post a few bits in other threads... I'll see if I can rectify that. :beerchug:

StreamFixer

Perhaps the class was teaching 'This is a Kodiak Brown and this is a Silver Tip Grizzly.  Do not shoot them with an arrow as all that does is piss them even more than they are naturally.  When close enough to get an arrow into them, you are close enough to be eaten.  Not good'.  With the numbers of out of state hunters AK gets, I can see where such a class would have SERIOUS merit... 
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

GregE

There may be a seat available for the class - though Sarah said she squeezed me in.     I'll be at my grandson's funeral Sun PM

Greg

Markshoreline

Alaska requires certification for bow hunting???
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9