Author Topic: Where's Elmo  (Read 2888 times)

Offline StreamFixer

• Administrator
  • Fisherman
  • Have Rod, Will Travel
  • View Gallery
    • StreamFix
Where's Elmo
« on: January 23, 2011, 09:02:07 AM »
Lots of old friends and lots of new members. 

I enjoy knowing where folks are from,  Croaker, SoCal; Fighing Eagle, Great Lakes (I Think); Jay in Kitsap WA; SeattleFlyFisher (tough one huh?) ...  When checking profiles, I am noticing most folks don't post where they are from.  Not looking for an address, just a town and state.

I'd like to see that information.  Please give this some thought and amend your profile if you are so inclined.

Thank you

StreamFixer
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top
'03 Yamaha 115 EFI
'05 Yamaha T8 Solas 4 blade prop

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu'

Online Croaker Stroker

Re: Where's Elmo
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 10:21:19 AM »
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"If a fish will, he will… if he won't, he won't… and that's about it… except… he may take this when he won't take that."

Offline Danno

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 10:23:03 AM »
Interesting that you'd post that SF. There's a Google map application that I was looking at as an add on to the forum software. It still requires people to enter their general location.

I just get a little nervous every time I upload a mod to the forum software. If I crash it, it may be a while before I get it back up. That's one of the hazards of trying to add features.

Croaker, did you have to do that? Deb is going to see that and start talking about moving back to So Cal!
Previously owned a 1998 19' SR

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

Online Croaker Stroker

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 10:25:47 AM »
Sometimes it's better to "keep it simple"

Sorry SeaChaser, I just have to rub it in. Gotta go now, we're on our way to Fashion Island to do a little shopping so I can get some shorts to wear at the San Diego Tournament this coming weekend.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 10:30:40 AM by Croaker Stroker »

"If a fish will, he will… if he won't, he won't… and that's about it… except… he may take this when he won't take that."

Offline Vancouvertechie

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 10:35:40 AM »
I guess it is pretty obvious where I am located in the continental US.

Cheers!
Boats owned:

2003 15' SeaHunter 50HP Suzuki (FI4Strk)
1991 16' SeaChaser 50HP Johnson (Keith)
1995 19' SeaRanger 115 Yamaha (FI4Strk)

Offline StreamFixer

• Administrator
  • Fisherman
  • Have Rod, Will Travel
  • View Gallery
    • StreamFix
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 11:20:55 AM »
Croaker

To keep things on a positive note, like you are always recommending:

At least WE don't have to spend our hard earned $$$ on sun screen (more to waste on fishing tackle) or worry much about sun exposure induced skin cancer    :jester:

StreamFixer

P.S.  Enjoy the tournament next week-end  (fishing or wasted time Golf?)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top
'03 Yamaha 115 EFI
'05 Yamaha T8 Solas 4 blade prop

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu'

Offline Enniberg

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 01:22:45 PM »
Croaker - having checked out that website of yours, it has become very evident to me why you are such a wizard at creating stuff out of starboard!

Vancouvertechie - I don't think your location is very obvious at all - for a while I though you were my neighbor, until I realized you are in the "wrong" Vancouver!

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. (unknown)

Offline GoodDays

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 01:23:24 PM »
The paradise of Year Round Fishing..... better known as Vancouver Island B.C. CANADA !!!

Good Days Greg  :party:

Online Croaker Stroker

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 03:21:57 PM »

Enniburg....Thanks for the complement.

Streamfixer....You wouldn't want to golf anywhere near me.  I have tried golf.  I can hit the ball real hard, but it seems to want to go at a 90 degree angle from where I'm aiming.  :bigshock:

« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 03:26:28 PM by Croaker Stroker »

Offline SRanger

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 08:03:51 PM »

Agree.  Knowing the city at least gives some idea what conditions and waters folks are generally encountering.  Maybe even a sense of community.  Did I just say that? 

Anyway photos are also high on the list of nice to see!  Very much like to see what other have going on.  SeaChaser does a great job (and others) showing mods with photos.  Not sure why he got rid of the 19ft for a smaller project boat?  Also dare I ask...what happened to the Banned thread?  It was kind entertaining.  Do I smell a truce in the air?

Let me see if I can figure how to post my dirty old girl to the gallery. 
99 19' Arima Sea Ranger HT,  Honda BF130/BF8.
88 17' Arima Sea Ranger ST,  Yamaha F80/Merc 8 (sold)

Seattleflyfisher

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 08:14:19 PM »
truce in the air :arms:

Thats funny. You know we really just wanted to add (Calendar, History etc...) to the other site.

So now we ( all of us) are running this site fast and hard. I don't really think a truce is the word, lets just say Arima owners go forward!!! and not look back.

Online Croaker Stroker

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 08:26:39 PM »
Arima owners go forward!!! and not look back.

Well said!

Offline Danno

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 09:44:13 PM »
Not sure why he got rid of the 19ft for a smaller project boat?

Sometimes, I don't know either.  They say that the two happiest days in a boat owner's life is the day you buy the boat and the day you sell the boat. Well, that wasn't written by an Arima boat owner. I had to hold the tears back when I saw my 19' SR being pulled away.

The story behind the sale is simple. My oldest daughter got accepted to a much better college than I financially planned for and I thought I planned well. She attends the New England Conservatory of Music in Boston and plays the bassoon. Selling the boat kept me out of debt the first year. She's a junior now and daughter number 2 starts college next year (she's going to be a duck).
 So far, I haven't racked up any loans. My daughter has taken the maximum that they give students that are interest free until they graduate but they are only a fraction of what I pay.

I was going through withdrawls without my Arima. I bought this project for $500 and figured I could nickel and dime it together with a two year plan to get it on the water. Some might say I would be better off saving the money and buying a boat when I had enough saved but they wouldn't understand that the project and the custom projects are what float s my boat. I need to have my hands busy.

-Dan

« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 10:45:41 PM by SeaChaser »

Offline Enniberg

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 09:52:34 PM »
Dan, how about some pictures to show us how you progress with your project?

Do you have before and after pictures to show us the hull work that you had the factory do on the boat?
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. (unknown)

Offline Danno

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2011, 09:58:12 PM »
The before pictures are in my 17' Sea Chaser album. I have not taken pictures since Don at Arima did his magic.

Since then, I've been buying little things here and there. Sleeper & companion seat, bait table, 3wt gave me a seat. I removed the companion seat it came with. It was home built from wood and rotten in one corner. The trailer tongue and other trailer work cost $600.

Re-wire is next and then repairing all of the holes in the dash and mounting the seat boxes.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 10:44:27 PM by SeaChaser »

Offline SRanger

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 10:16:31 PM »

That is one of the very things that justifies selling a 19ft Arima! 

Never know...maybe someday she will buy you another one:)
99 19' Arima Sea Ranger HT,  Honda BF130/BF8.
88 17' Arima Sea Ranger ST,  Yamaha F80/Merc 8 (sold)