News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Possible "Group buy" on factory Skip tower?

Started by amazing grace, January 19, 2014, 08:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbhazjack

2013 17' Sea Chaser, 90 hp Honda, 8 hp Honda Kicker. SOLD

familyrig

Thanks Amazing Grace for putting all of this together. Hopefully this will mean a trip up north this year...
1999 Sea Explorer 75hp Yamaha 6HP Suzuki/ 1990 Sea Ranger 17' 90 hp Honda

Markshoreline

So, what has Arima/Defiance said about the group buy?
Are we on their radar?
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Hydro-Therapy

Mark , Patience " Grasshopper" all good things come in due time.

H-T
Fish forever Work whenever !!!!!
"89" 19SR Keith 115 Merc. 15 4s kicker W/trollmaster Raymarine A70D

amazing grace

Hi Guys and gals. Been mostly mia lately, sorry. We got hammered with snow in Feb. Kinda kept me busy :facepalm:

Anyhow just an update.

Progress is being made. Should have most of the details to those on the list by the first part of next week at the latest. If  you were serious and not just curious about a skiptower for your boat I think you are going to like the offer from Defiance. They deserve a big thank you in my mind for just fielding, and then responding to our request. Thank you Jon, Bo, Don, Belinda and all the crew. I really mean that.

This is a really, really important aspect to this whole deal. And I would really, really appreciate all of your sincere attention to this detail. We won't be discussing the specifics of this offer openly on the forum or internet. And we (those on the list) have also been asked not to share the specifics of the offer once you have it. We allowed ample time for anyone to get on the list whether a member or not. By "not" I mean there was ample time to become a member of our site and request to be put on the list, as a few did. Again, for obivious reason's Defiance has asked for our compliance in this manner and I would ask that we adhere to their request.

Once you receive the info from me I will provide a deadline for making a decision on whether you want to purchase or not. Once I have the final numbers further instructions will be provided.

Again, thanks for your patience and willingness to pay attention to detail. It has helped the process and will  payoff in the end for those who wish to proceed.

Sincerely, AG

1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

Markshoreline

AG,
Thanks for your leadership on this bulk package for the top only.  It's great that Arima is willing to consider reduced pricing for a group purchase!

I'm thinking about how it gets mounted.  Have/will they discuss towers to go with the top?  Seems that's why you asked about the year and model of boats, right?

amazing grace

Mark and other's,  hold that thought. More info (details) will be forth coming.
I am guessing your mother had a terrible time keeping Christmas present's hid from you until Christmas morning? :smile1:
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

Markshoreline

Not trying to spoil the surprise....   just wondering what thoughts were for the next and obvious step :doh:   :biggrin:

croaker stroker

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

amazing grace

Quote from the wise one "Patience Grasshopper"(Hydro-Therapy) :beerchug:
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

amazing grace

OK guys I need email address. Please pm them to me. That way I can communicate to the group in one email vs using  the pm function and communicating to the group individually. Please include your user AOG name.

I am waiting on a couple of details but once I  have them and the emails I can send the info. Hopefully in a few days.

Thanks. AG
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

croaker stroker

You can send a group PM.  Just keep adding names.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Seattleflyfisher

How many guys are involved in this?

SFF

amazing grace

OK guys, I have sent out the first email with details to those I had an email for. I am sorry if you sent me your email and you did not get on the first email. I will be sending another as I collect the rest of them. i looked on the site for emails but did not see them listed for those I did not have one for.

If you see this and did not get the email please pm or email me. This has been a bit challanging to keep take of you all. :redface: :1zhelp:

Thanks guys 
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

Salmon King

I'll be checking my email more than 1 time a day now...I cannot wait to hear what the news is!!
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

ishan

curiouser and curiouser....
whats the deal here?
if there is a group deal on 19ft skip top
please forward info to me at ishan@vernallis.com....

mucho thankias

-i
"red fish blue fish"
'06 19' SR
honda 135 & yammy f8

Markshoreline

AG,
I must have been among the first to send you my user name and email but haven't heard from you....
Do you need me to send it again?

ishan

well sounds like i signed up too late...
(feels like my kids preschool)
alas alas....
maybe by the time my canvas wears out
some one will want to sell me a skipp.... ; )

"red fish blue fish"
'06 19' SR
honda 135 & yammy f8

SRanger

Quote from: markshoreline on March 12, 2014, 08:24:21 PM
AG,
I must have been among the first to send you my user name and email but haven't heard from you....
Do you need me to send it again?

Shhhhhh...it's a secret club.

SR
99 19' Arima Sea Ranger HT,  Honda BF130/BF8.
88 17' Arima Sea Ranger ST,  Yamaha F80/Merc 8 (sold)

pnwislanddog

Ishan... Whatever the deal may be, I cannot imagine that Defiance will limit it to just those who signed up by an arbitrary deadline. They are in the business to make and sell stuff. If you want to buy, I'll bet dollars to donuts that Defiance will sell. And if, for some reason that doesn't fit the capitalistic rule, Defiance does limit it to those who signed up... some of they who did won't want to buy so they might sell you their option. (Black market trading of Arima stuff.... bad ju-ju. It'd make a boat sink, I'll wager. )   :fishing:

For the record: I'm not one who signed up.

LvrWurst 21 SR Skip

I really don't know what all the fuss is about. I got my skip top last Saturday, but it just happened to have a boat & motor under it. :jester:
19' Jetcraft  Like new 115 Yami 4 Stroke 
SOLD  16 Sea Explorer - 17 SR Skip -19 SR Skip - 21 SR Skip

German Sausages are the WURST!

ishan

nice mr wurst!!!!
:clap:
that tin thing didnt last too long huh?

someone  pm me the secret handshake

:arms:

"red fish blue fish"
'06 19' SR
honda 135 & yammy f8

Markshoreline

Rory,
I was getting skunked fishing yesterday and my mind began to wander.  I was thinking about the old expression, "I'll bet you dollars to donuts..." and was speculating that term was coined at a time when donuts cost much less than dollars.  So I called Krispy Kreme and found out that the original is still $.99, but the regular donuts are $1.29 and the specialty ones are $1.79- and that's a cheap place, what must they cost at Top Pot or some other boutique place???
So, I'm thinking if someone offers me a "dollars to donuts" bet I'm probably going to take them up on it!!!!   :jester:

On the other hand, I've been a patient grasshopper but still haven't heard about the golden deal despite immediate responses to AG and am beginning to feel a bit soured by the experience so far.  I'm starting to imagine how this thing may go down and not feeling so good about it....

Markshoreline

OK,
After only a dozen or so exchanges, finally received the info and it looks good. 
Thanks, AG!

amazing grace

OK guys, We all know Defiance is extremely busy this time of year. As are most of us these days trying to make a go of things.  I appreciate your patience.  I have gotten some info back recently from them regarding accs and a little info about installation as some of you have inquired about those things. I will draft another email tonite with the info and will address a couple of topics. Please email me or pm and let me know you are still interested, if you are  I will forward the info.

Obviously l have had a number of you contact me, and as best as I could I believe I have touched base back with you all.

Thanks and I hope all are well. AG
1989 22' C-Dory Angler