News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Adding Radio

Started by BruceL2_Fish, January 12, 2014, 02:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceL2_Fish

Well, new year and adding a radio to our 19 SR.  I bought a fusion MS-RA205 and speakers.  The radio is very small and has USB to connect iPod or other media device.  It has am/fm, Serius radio and VHF monitor capability.  One cool feature is it can be controlled by my Raymarine E7D with Fusionlink.   

The thing is well built in a solid aluminum housing a does not take up a lot of room.   I will post pictures when I get it finished. 

Bruce
2012 Sea Ranger 19 (M. LaDeane)
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

Markshoreline

I installed a stereo last year.  It has am/fm bands, but the best part is the input for an iphone.  I started with the cheapo speakers but soon realized they were inadequate for my boat.  I picked up a pair of Bose outdoor speakers at Costco that sound REALLY good!

When we are cruising in the winter with the top and back curtain up, it is really nice to listen to as it is anytime the motor is not running. 

Enjoy!
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

BruceL2_Fish

Mark, I am looking forward to using it.  My wife really wanted some tunes in the boat and we also plan to do some tubing with kids and grand kids should be a good addition.
2012 Sea Ranger 19 (M. LaDeane)
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

Threeweight

I put a cheapie unit in my boat last year, that accepts SD cards.  Saved our library of MP3 files to it, but now I never remember to turn the thing on!  Used it for the first time in the driveway today.
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson