News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Proud owner of 2002 19SR

Started by 2New, January 06, 2014, 10:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GregE

Here are several set ups on boats I've seen
The first  was in our SL 22 ReBait.  You can see the black line grippers just forward of the swivel mounts that support the Scotty line puller mentioned above and linked.

http://www.usaboatstore.com/Scotty-3025.htm?feed=Froogle

The side  mount was for the Ace Line Hauler

Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

GregE

Here's our set up on the Osprey, it had a 3rd DR mount on the transom but  that makes things busy if you have to manuever.  Fish are usually landed from the back corners so having ample room behind the DRs is nice.

Greg
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

croaker stroker

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

xplorz

My downrigger bases were on the boat when I bought it and I haven't moved them. They are about as far forward along the sides as you can go, almost above the steps. What I have found in this unpopular location is it leaves a ton of room to fight and net a fish, especially fishing solo. With the guard I have on my kicker, my lines seem safe and I have had no problems tangling lines even when running lines off each side at 100 + foot setbacks for Kokanee.
'89 Arima Sea Chaser 17, 98 Honda horses.

2New

Rebait,thanks for the great pic's. I will be mounting the scotty line puller on my set up . Defiance told me I could mount the gripper on the lower part of the dr, just above the mounting plate to save drilling more holes in the boat. seems to make sense , I hope it will work out that way.
    I am sort of locked into mounting my dr's about where the Ace line hauler mount is located in your top picture. as to cover the previous owners
         Cannon plate holes when they are removed. Hopefully that will be a good spot for the scottys.
    The bottom picture of the arima on the bunk trailer has the dr's mounted right about where mine will be and is using a hook to hold the ball when not in use while out on the water . this is something I am thinkin about also.
      Croaker Stroker is correct , that Kodak sure is purrty.

2New

Markshoreline

Xplorz,
I'd like to see a pic of your mounting location.  Seems that far forward may allow the ball to drop so that there is little risk of the props catching the wire, unless is was REALLY horizontal.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

CompTime

2New

You will like that set up. My cord locks are mounted in that same location. The bonus is I set my plastic stoppers on my D/R weight in a spot that is the perfect length so when I pull the cord it swings the weight back to me with the D/R ball 1' away from the gunnel. I can just reach over and grab it any time. Now I use 1-2' release clip lines so none of them could reach the prop if miss handled.
SEA RANGER 19 /GOT-BAIT?

GoodDays

I am not a fan of using the hook on the downrigger to hold the ball when running etc.  I have a weight holder mounted on either side behind the baitwells and when tha weights are up they are in them . I tilt my down riggers up and run the line clips across to the opposite cable. seems to keep everything out of the way and no issues .  I have my stops set so that the weights are almost at the exact right distance so that when I tilt the booms, the weight swings right to me and I can place it in the holder.

My downriggers are mounted about as far aft as possible.. I don't have any issues with reaching the release clips etc..
I don't use the line puller gizmos... just tilt the boom.. or use the gaff that is always hanging nearby.

Wow that was hard to describe...

Greg

pescadore

Nice boat Rebait. And I love the downrigger location.

xplorz

Quote from: markshoreline on January 10, 2014, 07:55:52 PM
Xplorz,
I'd like to see a pic of your mounting location.  Seems that far forward may allow the ball to drop so that there is little risk of the props catching the wire, unless is was REALLY horizontal.

Pardon the wire mess, thats a Trollmaster Pro2 i'm installing. The tape is showing four + feet of room to net your fish.

GregE

As Arimas have low gunnels you might not need the step to enter from a dock but if the boom is to the rear the whole side will be blocked.
Greg

GoodDays

I agree with other Greg. That is right where I step in and out. I use the frame of the canvas to steady myself. That location will work for fishing but be in the way the rest of the time.
:twocents: for what its worth

GoodDays Greg

xplorz

Right now I don't have swivels.....or electrics......so I just put 'em on when I get where I'm going. Can't say I've ever needed the step to get over the Arima gunnel to the dock.  Iz zat fer short peeps?  :jester:

GoodDays

true if you take them on and off.. everybody has a set up that works for them !  :yeahthat:

GoodDays Greg