News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

New Front Window

Started by Chief of the Boat, October 26, 2013, 07:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief of the Boat

I decided it was time to replace the front clear canvas window (20 years old).  Now that I am retired from the Navy I have time on my hands, I sent a PM to the Canvas Guy (Gary) to see if he could hook me up.  My 1st Mate and I made a road trip to Sequim on Friday and I have a new front window.  I know where I will have my canvas done when it finally wears out.

Red 22

Tony

05' Red Legend 22 skip tower, Honda 225, Honda 9.9,  Garmin 740s, Garmin HD 18 radar Garmin GHP10 auto-pilot
"I've always wanted to sail to the south seas, but I can't afford it." What these men can't afford is not to go.
-Sterling Hayden

CanvasGuy

Nice
..Looking Much clearer Terry..

Now you have no more excuse for hitting those logs :biggrin:
Gary Smart
boatless  now
http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke

Markshoreline

that window looks very clear!  are you able to roll it up with the canvas when you want to go topless?
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Chief of the Boat

You probably can, I never roll it and store it in the storage bag.  I do roll the front window and snap it to the top to let the breeze through.

pnwislanddog

Yes, Gary is the man! I think fondly of him every time I look through the windows he installed on my top.

Chief, judging by the window view in the second photo... it appears that you are way too close to shore. Better come about.

Tom Mac

Did you have to take the boat or just the top to Gary? I need to have the same done to mine.
1991 Sea Ranger 17, 2014 F90 Yamaha, 2008 T8 Yamaha

Chief of the Boat

I took the top with the bows removed.  Reinstalling the bows is another story.

CanvasGuy

Quote from: Tom Mac on October 27, 2013, 02:21:17 PM
Did you have to take the boat or just the top to Gary? I need to have the same done to mine.

Tom if you,  Or any one here, wants to Replace the clear panels on their tops..
Just Have to find a box big enough to not fold the plastic..
roll it up and ship it to me..
I'll ship it back in the same box... :biggrin:
Gary Smart
boatless  now
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke

Tom Mac

You are not that far from me if I take the Coho. I may take you up on this.
1991 Sea Ranger 17, 2014 F90 Yamaha, 2008 T8 Yamaha

CanvasGuy

Quote from: Tom Mac on October 27, 2013, 04:46:53 PM
You are not that far from me if I take the Coho. I may take you up on this.

OK No problem.. just let me know so I can just knock it out in between ferries..while you wait :yeahthat:
and we can visit..talk Arima..I do speek it some... :biggrin:
Gary Smart
boatless  now