News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Bait pump/ wash down pump intakes

Started by wedocq, September 15, 2013, 10:49:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wedocq

A few have asked for some pics of my bait tank and wash down pump intake setups. The one on the left is the transom mounted bait pump system Croaker suggested a while back. The one on the right is my wash down intake. I took a stainless water bottle, and cut and modified it to cover the intake. What the stainless cover does is allow my wash down to suck water while on plane. Works great!
-Shawn
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

Grizzle

"stainless water bottle" water pickup - genius right there!  :bowdown:
Brook Stockton - My Boat: Mighty Molly - The Fish Monger - Arima SeaChaser 16 - Soft SkipTower and "The Rack"

SALTBOSS™ MARINE - Offshore Marine Products & Fabrication - http://saltbossmarine.com - brook@saltbossmarine.com - 206-953-SALT (7258)

wedocq

Blown up real big and super close, it kind of looks like crap. But it really doesn't look as bad as the pics. :biggrin:

GregE

Thanks Shawn- good job.  I was thinking it was thru hull.
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

wedocq

Greg,
Are you installing your bait tank permanently? If not, the transom mount bait pump is nice because it pops right off for an easy removal.
-Shawn

GregE

The Osprey thru hull is already there so using it seems logicalespicailly with the off shore OB bracket. 

If I set the bait tank up for an Arima the transom pick up will work.

Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Wyrguy

Hmmmm, I thought I'd left my stainless water bottle in the Bagwhans truck after our Puyallup trip in January... guess it maybe followed you home after dinner eh Shawn?  :berry: :applause:

Rick
'Arima Therapy' - Life begins where the land ends!
2012 Sea Legend HT, blue hull, S/S 6 rod rocket launcher/radar arch
F250XCA O/S T9.9 Yamahas Yamaha Command Link Plus  iTroll throttle control
Aluminum I-beam EZ Loader trailer
Raymarine E120W, Digital HD Colour radar, Two Scotty HP 2106 DRs

Kahunanui

Thank you sharing and the pics.    RE : the stainless water bottle, nicely done, but wondering if you happy with where it is cut off or would you consider a little deeper or a little less deep if you were to do it again ?

Thanks
Stay Pono,  Lawai'a        -        U.S.C.G. -  O.U.P.V.

2001 SC 15'11" 75 hp Honda re-carbed to 90 w/ 9.9 Honda boot. Hawaii is home, currently @ USMC Camp Lejeune NC

wedocq

I am totally happy with where I cut the stainless bottle. The whole point is to create an area that allows the pump to maintain suction. I just made sure it was big enough to cover the whole intake, and then I used 5200 on the screws, so that sucker aint going anywhere!  :biggrin: I used a big flat edge to make sure it didn't stick down into the water too far.
-Shawn

FishAddict

Shawn,

Does the Stainless stick down just slightly below the bottom or is it flush?

Thanks,

Jake
21ft Sea Ranger w/Yamaha F150

croaker stroker

Shawn,  I like your wash-down intake.  Good idea!!  :clap:
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

wedocq

Jake,
I made eventually made it really close to flush. I had it sticking down in the water a little, and it made a huge rooster tale. So I took my hand grinder and kept grinding it down a little at a time until the rooster tail was gone, but it still was able to maintain suction.
-Shawn

rgraff

Hi  thanks for the post

Where did you get the Sea Choice blue transom bracket with 1100gph pump?

Ron

wedocq

rgraff

Where did you get the 1100 gph seachoice pump and transom mount bracket?