News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Reluctant sale of '94 Sea Explorer w/ 45Honda-trailer etc

Started by wavewalker, April 07, 2011, 05:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wavewalker

I posted on Craigslist.

http://portland.craigslist.org/nco/boa/2311907872.html
Well, wife needed surgery and AFLAC denied payment because the doctor said  "symptoms appear that she had" blah blah blah.... Therefore since the doctor didn't come right out and say specifically what she had, therefore they denied the claim. So in the mean time it is on appeal, she is still off work, and the bills keep coming. So, I reluctantly put the boat up for sale. However that said, if we get to see daylight with this AFLAC thing, the boat comes back off the market if she has not sold..
Ok, off my soap box.
This is called a Sea Explorer, an overnighter model, that has a taller cuddy cabin, side windows and a forward hatch. Has the bow and side rails. Roller anchor bow. Not original owner, but close to it. Previous owner was meticulous in maintenance and care. If the boat wasn't in the water being used, she was in the garage. Wiped down after every use, waxed twice a year.
Has a good running Honda 45,  4 stroke with power tilt/trim, prop, a kicker bracket (no kicker motor), gas tank plumbed for another 4 stroke for the kicker. Dual batteries. Filter on the gas line. Twin companion/storage seats, Lowrance GPS/fish finder, VHF with panic button. Flares, safety equipment, a couple life jackets, manual downrigger. Sitting on a Shorlander galvanized trailer. Both boat and trailer have good clear Oregon titles, in my name. Boat reg thru 2011, trailer current tabs also. Almost new tires on trailer, and a new winch.
The boat at one time had hordes of canvas, with snaps everywhere, however the previous owner didn't take the boat out on days that would have needed canvas, so he didn't use the stuff, and I didn't get it with the boat. I do however, have the stock 3 bow frame that is original to the boat, and a bimini that I made work.
I prefer a cash sale, and if your serious we can talk, but I spent a long time looking and finding a good, not trashed Arima, and it frosts me to have to give it up, but I can't eat her, and she is just not big enough to live aboard.
Will 503- 7 9 I 3 I 7 I between 8am-8pm please. A guy's gotta sleep sometime.. I will NOT respond to an Email unless you have the subject line about the boat and a return phone number... Why don't you just call? Sorry my camera died so the pics here are all I have at the moment.. Just come see in person..
P.S. I may take as part trade, a pretty new low hours 4 stroke, 9.9 outboard; Prefer Honda or Yamaha. HOWEVER, it MUST be electric start with remote steering and controls, and a plus would be power tilt.. Prefer short shaft.. Long shaft works but no ultra long please. That said, I need at least $6600 cash along with your motor trade.

Seattleflyfisher

good luck! a very nice looking boat. It looks like you have kept it up nice.

wavewalker

Thanks. Already I've had 3 calls from places that want me to bring it to them for consignment. Sorry, but I don't do consignment. And I'm retired, not a door to door salesman, so she is for sale where she sits; behind the locked gate of my backyard. If it wasn't for the nice day, and me de winterizing the lawn mower, I would have taken her out just for a joy ride. Got 15 gallons of fresh non ethanol gas waiting to be used. BTW there are several waypoints entered that are good fishing holes down by Hammond. once the summer run comes...
WW

wavewalker

Well I sold my smaller boat, a 10 foot on a trailer and 2 stroke, so I have some breathing room, so I am less reluctant to do any negotiating. However, I also added the 8 hp Honda kicker, and my last two crab pots into the deal, and lowered the price to $7999, or $7299 cash if you don't want the kicker and crab pots.
OR... if your taking the kicker and pots, $6200 cash and you throw in to me a 4 stroke 9.9 to 15hp  MUST HAVE electric start, remote controls, power tilt, prefer short shaft; however if you have a 20, I'd take a long shaft, but still must be 4 stroke and with all the supporting accessories. Please not a worn out one.
Last option would be, since most comments are they would change out the engines and electronics anyway, I would sell the stripped boat with trailer for $5200, meaning no engines or the supporting accessories to the motors, no electronics, safety gear, down-rigger, crab pots. Lets you start with a good hull and add what you want.
WW

wavewalker

BOAT IS SOLD!!!!! The dumb 45 was being a butt, however we worked out a deal..., though I think he's happier than I am.
WW