News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Humboldt Bay 4-9-11

Started by Bryan S., April 09, 2011, 06:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan S.

Took the Sea Chaser out for the first time today with a couple buddies and my son. We ended up the day with 30 dungeness and a few big rock crab. Also tried for Cali's or Leopard shark, but failed at even getting a bite. The boat rode great and other than the "Kieth" not wanting to idle, all was good. I am definitely glad I upgraded to a 4 stroke kicker, that thing purrs while pushing the boat at trolling speed. Next issue to tackle with the boat is adding more fuel capacity to quench the thirst of the 90 2 stroke main. The newly installed Lowrance hds 5 was also very nice. Hope somebody else was out enjoying their Arima today as well.
1989 Sea Chaser 17'
2011 Honda 90
2005 Merc 9.9

Seattleflyfisher

Good for you :clap:

When does crab season open?  :jester:

Bryan S.

Quote from: Seattleflyfisher on April 10, 2011, 07:24:49 AM
Good for you :clap:

When does crab season open?  :jester:

nov.-june but the commercial boys scooped up most of the jumbos already :(  ... went out today and got 35 dungee's and a few more rocks. What fuel do y'all run in your 2 -stroke mains? If you still run a "kieth".
Would higher octane be better or the lower?
1989 Sea Chaser 17'
2011 Honda 90
2005 Merc 9.9

Seattleflyfisher

That is unreal!  35 crab?   We are only allowed to have 5 per day :shrug9:

Bryan S.

Quote from: Seattleflyfisher on April 10, 2011, 07:01:19 PM
That is unreal!  35 crab?   We are only allowed to have 5 per day :shrug9:

Sport limits, Dungeness 10 per day, Rock 35 here... both either sex. I only keep male dungeness and only male rocks if they are real big.
1989 Sea Chaser 17'
2011 Honda 90
2005 Merc 9.9