Author Topic: Battery Switch Access Plate  (Read 1435 times)

Offline fishing eagle

• Fisherman
  • We Fish, We Boat and so We Live!
  • View Gallery
Battery Switch Access Plate
« on: January 20, 2011, 04:55:57 PM »
I installed a pop-out deck plate in my starboard panel to allow access to my two battery switches without needing to remove the starboard panel. Removing the panel was a big pain (you know where) especially that I normally have my jump seats in place. The pop-out access plate is nice because it doesn't screw in or out, but there is a small button that you pull or lift with your finger tip and the plate or door pops out of the deck plate. When done changing the switch, I just push the plate back in to the panel. The plate is a Sea Dog 6 inch ABS Deck Plate part # 336260.

I am able to reach both my battery switches by putting my hand into the access hole, both switches are located on the starboard inwall with one above the other. It is tight but very do-able, even while I am outside the boat and standing next to the trailer.
(Reel Delight) a 2001 Sea Ranger 19, 2003 Honda 90, 2010 Yamaha T8 w/power tilt, Panther T4 steering system, Hummingbird electronics, & Scotty 1116 electric downriggers.
U.S. Navy Veteran, member of U.S. Power Squadron & Past President of Lake George Fishing Alliance (Retired & ready to fish!)

Offline arimafarina

Re: Battery Switch Access Plate
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 07:11:32 PM »
I see they have all types of deck plates now days.  What you set up is a good idea Fishing Eagle. 
Restoring a 1985 Seahunter
Everett, Washington State

Offline wedocq

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 12:28:13 AM »
FE, I still havent done it, but its gonn happen soon! Thanks for being so thorough!
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki DF175 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

Offline Kimbrey

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 09:12:42 AM »
This is a great idea. It will happen on my boat also!!
2005 Sea Legend --Sold--replaced with 26' Duckworth

Offline Croaker Stroker

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 12:53:36 PM »
I like that you can turn off your power without climbing up into the boat.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"If a fish will, he will… if he won't, he won't… and that's about it… except… he may take this when he won't take that."