Author Topic: Woody's Quick Anchor System?  (Read 967 times)

Offline Techdiver1

Woody's Quick Anchor System?
« on: March 29, 2011, 11:28:32 PM »
Hi Woody. I was looking at all your photo galleries and noted your Quick Anchor Setup. Can you go into some detail on what we are looking at here? I assume since it's a hassle to open the front windshield and crawl up on the bow to set the anchor, you rig this up to set the anchor from inside the boat and to retrieve it as well? Perhaps you can go to your gallery and post some sort of explanation or caption on them so we can see what you have come up with. I believe I have a system sort of like yours. Thanks!

Craig
Craig Miller
Tacoma, Washington
Puget Sound 1990 Seahunter

Offline woody

Re: Woody's Quick Anchor System?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 03:12:26 PM »
Thanks Craig.

From the amount of posts/catch ups you are dioing, must be your 4 off stretch.

Search Anchoring, or look under Tips and Tricks "Different Approach to Anchoring" for the details you want.  If not, pm me. Posted 2/6/11.

I have two set ups, a 300 ft line complete and a 150 ft line.  Each has rope, ball, retrieving slider. I take the one I'm going to use.  300 for the C, 150 for the Willy. However adjusting length for lines remains a problem. You have 300 or 150 feet out, although tieing off is an idea.

I bought a Danik Hook (search under thart name).  It interest me because I think I can set it up to adjust length of line and still use a quick release. Haven't tried yet, springers are priority.

Search it and think about this. Look at the illustration and think about:  "to anchor" is where you set your sliding retrieval and buoy.  The solid ring now open would have your rope bag attached with a small buoy in the bag.  The "to boat" would go to your quick release and then to bow eye.

Prior to dropping (especially hog line) you would adjust length through the Dank Hook.  Stow extra line in rope bag.  Throw anchor with rope, rope bag over.  Now basically anchored to Danik Hook (with rope bag and exta rope) then to quick release and to bow of boat.  Pull up to adjust length like you would do when reattaching.

Not sure how adequate this will be .... but I want quick release and adjustment without climbing to the bow.

Craig, let your imagination go wild and give me your thoughts.

Woody
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 03:38:03 PM by woody »

Offline Techdiver1

Re: Woody's Quick Anchor System?
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 11:19:24 PM »
I am on my 4 off  :wink: I'll look into this...Craig
Craig Miller
Tacoma, Washington
Puget Sound 1990 Seahunter