News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

The Reason for this site, Pictures of our Arimas

Started by La-Z-Buoy, May 06, 2013, 09:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scaletech

Quote from: La-Z-Buoy on August 27, 2013, 09:24:27 PM
Welcome aboard Scaletech. Lots of good info here and as I'm sure you've read (hence the pictures) no pics, didn't happen.

1st pic: Nice boat  :clap: .

2nd pic: Ouch  :bigshock: ! Damage the hub or is it just going to be a bearing job?
Thanks, La-Z-Buoy. I replaced both hubs just because they are not that expensive, and came with the bearing races already installed. There was some damage to the spindle, but I just used emory cloth on it until the new bearings would slide on easily.
But, the pain isn't quite over because I just lost both bearing buddies somewhere on the highway after installing the new hubs. Maybe I over-greased the bearing buddies. They are not the best design IMO, just a friction fit like a cap. They should be threaded onto the hub. I've read that some people have drilled holes in the hub ends and installed set screws to bite into the bearing buddies to hold them in place.
91 17'SR, 2005 90 Etec, 2006 Yamaha 8

Sea Bear

That's odd.  I've never had a bearing buddy do that.  They always fit so tight, I had to drive them in with a hammer.  Maybe you got the wrong size?   :shrug9:
1981 Arima Sea Chaser 17'
Evinrude 70hp 2 stroke & Evinrude 9.5 Sportwin

www.americanbroomshop.com

StreamFixer

I have lost one on the road.  First trip after installed.  Put on replacement (same size as I had the original packaging of the first) and it is still there after a couple of years.

Paladin
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Grilse

This seems like a good place for this pic, on our way back from the jetty tips on the Nehalem...it was a good day.

Jeff
2005 SR19
1999 Yamaha F100
2005 Yamaha 8
Stabicraft 1530
Yamaha F60

GutZ

That is a great picture!

Here is one from a couple years ago
It's always good to have a plan.
It's always better to have a good plan.

Chasin Baitman

New cover (which I love), new kicker (which I don't)...it's a fishin machine!  been getting out on the water 2-3 times a week.  Some guys like the walkaround boats, but I gotta say, I love that my boat has an inside and an outside.  I love fishin, but I also like comfort! :)  Sure the deck space is limited on the 16', but 90% of the time it's just me and my dog out there, and it's plenty.  LOVIN' MY ARIMA!
2011 19' Sea Ranger, 2011 Suzuki DF115, 2011 Honda 8 kicker

"When you get into one of these groups, there's only a couple ways you can get out. One, is death. The other...mental institutions"

Hydro-Therapy

Here is a picture of Buddy Bear and couple of the nice Arima's at Buoy 10

H-T
Fish forever Work whenever !!!!!
"89" 19SR Keith 115 Merc. 15 4s kicker W/trollmaster Raymarine A70D

burnsy22

First is a picture of me reeling in a nice chinook on my new 19 chaser.....Second picture was of my uncle holding a nice 22-23lber, I guided him to in my old 17 sea ranger.. He is a die hard fisherman and hadn't caught a salmon in some time. It was caught 17 feet down in 25 feet of water, made a solid 150 yard run, was an  absolutely amazing day on the water.

STEVESKLT250

here is the new addition to our family...some before and after pics.  She needed a lot of help when I got it, but she is running and fishing great.  We are going to name her the "Gideon Brown" after a fishing boat song by our favorite Newfoundland band...Great Big Sea.  I put a few more details of the fix-up in the new member section...OK, apparently my computer is having technical difficulties, I guess you will have to look in the "welcome to the forum" thread for pics of "Gideon Brown"?      http://www.arimaowners.com/index.php?topic=2.750
'96 16 SC, 2003 Suzuki DF70, 2006 Tohatsu 6, HDS5 and Elite4x

yellowlab

2004 Sea Ranger, Honda 150 VTEC FI, Yamaha T8 with 703 and hot box mounted on Salt Boss fixed bracket. Scotty 1106, Instant Trim Tabs, saddle tanks, King tandem axle trailer, factory Skip Tower
21' Sea Ranger Skip Tower, 150 VTEC FI Honda, Salt Boss with Yamaha T8 on 703 controller, hot box plumbed and Marine Tech P2. Solas 4-blade 14.75x15 aluminum prop.

My First Arima was a 17' Sea Chaser Skip Tower with Honda 90 and 8  kicker

PNW Pride

21' Sea Ranger/Honda 150HP

wedocq

2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

Chasin Baitman

2011 19' Sea Ranger, 2011 Suzuki DF115, 2011 Honda 8 kicker

"When you get into one of these groups, there's only a couple ways you can get out. One, is death. The other...mental institutions"

yellowlab

21' Sea Ranger Skip Tower, 150 VTEC FI Honda, Salt Boss with Yamaha T8 on 703 controller, hot box plumbed and Marine Tech P2. Solas 4-blade 14.75x15 aluminum prop.

My First Arima was a 17' Sea Chaser Skip Tower with Honda 90 and 8  kicker

croaker stroker

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Threeweight

You don't have to be one of the big boys to run offshore and find big fish.... trolling for Tuna! 30 miles NE of Newport, OR in a 17' Chaser...

60# butt, secret spot somewhere west of Neah Bay...

Our very own Danno, with a nice 30+ # nook in the ocean off Tillamook:

My trusty ol' girl, waiting for her next trip:

Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

BigMac

wedo--

About half way through my eyes started to glaze over, but I counted 50 tuna in that line up.  Nice job!!

Who cleaned up the boat!?!?

(Dave)

StreamFixer

Big Mac

What makes you think it got cleaned up???   :whistle:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Maltbydawg

2005 SL 22 "Stress Relief II"
Power until 5/2023: Evinrude E-Tec 225
Power after 5/2023: Yamaha 300

--2006 SR19 "Stress Relief", sold 3/2013

Wyrguy

Quote from: Maltbydawg on February 07, 2014, 08:51:43 AM
GO DAWGS!

Not quite sure what a "Dawg" is 'Eh'? :shrug9: :anyone:

...but it's always nice to see another SL on here!!!  :arms:

Rick
'Arima Therapy' - Life begins where the land ends!
2012 Sea Legend HT, blue hull, S/S 6 rod rocket launcher/radar arch
F250XCA O/S T9.9 Yamahas Yamaha Command Link Plus  iTroll throttle control
Aluminum I-beam EZ Loader trailer
Raymarine E120W, Digital HD Colour radar, Two Scotty HP 2106 DRs

Maltbydawg

"GO DAWGS" is in reference to University of Washington's Husky Stadium in the background, & the Washington Flag flying from my jimmy-rigged flagpole coming out of the rocket launcher. Husky Stadium is one of only two NCAA Football stadiums where the fans can "Sailgate".  Most do it in fancy yachts, but I have yet to see them show up with a fresh coho hooked early that morning  :biggrin:

2005 SL 22 "Stress Relief II"
Power until 5/2023: Evinrude E-Tec 225
Power after 5/2023: Yamaha 300

--2006 SR19 "Stress Relief", sold 3/2013

DSledgeR

Hello All,

Great to be here...was a lurker for awhile, but have been the recipient of many good ideas and how-tos.  I bought THE FLYING PIG about a year ago from King Salmon Marine.  It's a 1996 Sea Ranger '19, with a 2010 Evinrude E-TEC which had 60 hours on it.

As all boats are, this one was a money sump as well to get her into the shape I wanted...so here's a brief list:

1)  Trailer upgrades, brakes, electric winch, new rollers, and LED lights
2)  The dash was full of old holes from the previous engine, so I bought a thick piece of vinyl and redid the dash to clean it up.
3)  Rewired the whole boat.  The old wiring looked like a rat's nest, and I actually found a wire leading to the aft switch for the washdown water tank clipped together with two alligator clips. Fearing a friggin' fire, I decided to do it all the right way.
4)  Added mounts for downriggers, and my home made crabpot puller.
5)  New LOWRANCE Elite 7 fishfinder
6)  Added a T-Top from Atlantic Towers.  This was a PITA, and while the quality of the product is good, the fitment needed a little "adjusting".  Fortunately, I have a good friend who's smarter than me on such things, and we essentially pulled the structure apart wide enough, and past the yield point of the metal so it would fit width wise.
7)  To keep momma warm, I ended up getting new canvas made to fit the T-Top.  I met a guy at the Seattle boat show last year, and had him look at the boat.  He offers polycarbonate windows as an upgrade, which I elected to buy after years of really disliking isinglass.  While I doubt I'd do it, he says he has customers that run windshield wipers on the stuff.  He was very easy to work with, and made many suggestions.....even picked out the colors of the canvas to match the Evinrude's logo.

I'm sure I missed something, but pics are in my gallery.

Also after looking and learning from this site, am going to add another bildge pump, and I want to upgrade the seats to the tempress elite high back helm seats.  If any of you have any experience with those, I'm all ears.

DSledgeR

I'll try to add a pic....

DSCS

Welcome to the board. Nice to have another E-Tec owner.

VERY nice ride! That top and canvas are sweet.   :party:

Alan
We're most of us liars, we're 'arf of us thieves,
an' the rest are as rank as can be,
But once in a while we can finish in style
(which I 'ope it won't 'appen to me).

Threeweight

Wow, that top is SWEET!  Welcome aboard, DSledgeR!
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson