Author Topic: EZ Loader bunk trailer convert to rollers?  (Read 3474 times)

Online Markshoreline

EZ Loader bunk trailer convert to rollers?
« on: March 26, 2011, 11:57:45 AM »
My (new) 1991 19SR came with a bunk trailer, which I've no experience with, having always had rollers.  It is a lot harder launching at a shallow ramp.

Has anyone converted a bunk to a roller?  Any ideas about how to go about it, where to get parts, etc?

2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Offline ranger

Re: EZ Loader bunk trailer convert to rollers?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 12:44:12 PM »
I have a complete set of rollers off of an EZload trailer my neighbor converted to a flat bed trailer.  The rollers are in good shape but too large for my trailer.  If you decide to go this route I'm sure I could work out a good deal for you.

Offline Danno

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 04:01:15 PM »
I have an older EZ loader trailer with rollers that I would swap for your bunks. PM me if interested. They may be more rusted that either of us care to hassle with though.
Previously owned a 1998 19' SR

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

Offline Hydro-Therapy

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 07:19:07 PM »

Before you attempt to convert either trailer check to see if you have the right cross members to accommodate the conversion . If I remember right  they are of a bit different design.

Hydro-Therapy
Fish forever Work whenever !!!!!
"89" 19SR Keith 115 Merc. 15 4s kicker W/trollmaster Raymarine A70D

Offline Techdiver1

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 10:46:26 PM »
I used to have a bunk trailer for my previous Bayliner 21' Trophy. I purchased a bunk to roller conversion kit which was a system that went on in place of the bunk but it had rollers and was a huge improvement. I believe they came in two different lengths and was an easy conversion. Yes...I just did a quick search. This is what I used and should do well for you. http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=5660&familyName=Roller+Bunks I believe I just unbolted the bunks and bolted these on in their place. They come in either 4' or 5' lengths. Easy to install. It made launching and recovering my heavy 21 foot Trophy with a 200 Mercury much easier. It says they support 1500 lbs but my trophy was a 21' hard top and heavy with that motor. However, you have center rollers under the keel too so they are only doing part of the work. As I said they were more then beefy enough for my boat. I had them on at least 5 years and my friend has had that boat now for the past 7 years and they are still working fine. No rust either. Let me know if this helps!

Craig
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 10:58:22 PM by Techdiver1 »
Craig Miller
Tacoma, Washington
Puget Sound 1990 Seahunter