Author Topic: Radar - Wedocq's fault  (Read 4803 times)

Offline Croaker Stroker

Re: Radar - Wedocq's fault
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2011, 04:58:11 PM »

Done!

Going out tomorrow.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"If a fish will, he will… if he won't, he won't… and that's about it… except… he may take this when he won't take that."

Offline SRanger

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2011, 11:03:18 PM »

Good one GoodDays!

The upper support bracket  should keep it all steady and prevent anything working lose.  Guess you can buy more Starboard now with all the dough you saved;)
99 19' Arima Sea Ranger HT,  Honda BF130/BF8.
88 17' Arima Sea Ranger ST,  Yamaha F80/Merc 8 (sold)

Offline Croaker Stroker

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2011, 05:35:07 PM »

Went out today fishing with my Granddaughter and Better Half. (also wanted to trial run my "new" radar)

We got skunked and my Granddaughter got sick and threw up. Her brother and sister have both gotten over the Flu. Looks like it finally got her too.

The good news is that the radar works great. Everything functioned as it is suppose to. I removed it from the boat when I got home and it only took a few minutes.

One thing that I am going to change is to shorten the mast by about 10 inches.  The bottom of the dome is about 20" above my head when I am standing, so I need to bring it down a bit.

Other than that, I didn't find any other issues.  Now I need to test it on the open sea.

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"If a fish will, he will… if he won't, he won't… and that's about it… except… he may take this when he won't take that."

Offline fishing eagle

• Fisherman
  • We Fish, We Boat and so We Live!
  • View Gallery
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2011, 08:05:46 PM »
Another successful project by Croaker Stroker... congrats. Now I want to see pictures of when seagulls or others use it for a perch. It be a great place for a pelican to await his next meal.
(Reel Delight) a 2001 Sea Ranger 19, 2003 Honda 90, 2010 Yamaha T8 w/power tilt, Panther T4 steering system, Hummingbird electronics, & Scotty 1116 electric downriggers.
U.S. Navy Veteran, member of U.S. Power Squadron & Past President of Lake George Fishing Alliance (Retired & ready to fish!)