Author Topic: Subscribe for Tsunami Warnings  (Read 1093 times)

Offline GutZ

Subscribe for Tsunami Warnings
« on: March 12, 2013, 01:14:09 PM »
This is pretty cool -

Subscribe to Messages
Please see the page on NOAA's tsunami warning centers' areas of responsibility to know if you should subscribe to PTWC or WC/ATWC messages.

Email

PTWC Messages
Tsunami related messages from PTWC are available via email through the GovDelivery system. You may subscribe to the mailing lists by area of responsbility that PTWC serves (Pacific, Hawaii, Indian, or Carribbean). Sign up for PTWC Tsunami alerts and updates by email
Manage your PTWC Tsunami alerts subscription

To manage your subscription for the email service hosted by ITIC, click here.

WC/ATWC Messages
WC/ATWC messages

If you receive tsunami emails from donotreply@noaa.gov, you are signed up for the WC/ATWC email service.

http://ptwc.weather.gov/ptwc/subscribe.php
It's always good to have a plan.
It's always better to have a good plan.

Offline fishorcrab

Re: Subscribe for Tsunami Warnings
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 07:35:30 PM »
I'm counting on the shaking from the 9+ CSZ megaquake of 3 - 5 minutes to provide a sufficient alert.

http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/nature/Totally-Psyched-for-the-Full-Rip-Nine.html?page=all  :bigshock:

Paul
SC16 Yamaha 4s 90
SP17 Honda 4s 90  - Croaker made me do it. :)

Offline GutZ

Re: Subscribe for Tsunami Warnings
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 01:58:38 PM »
If you are on the water, you aren't going to feel even that! A friend was on the Quinalt when the Nisqually quake occured. They knew something was up as there were numerous small landslides creating alot of dust.

I was on the Sound one day when a seiche rolled through. Very large strange wave. Did some damage in Portage Bay. That was from a quake in Alaska.

The above link will get you information just about anytime there is a large earthquake anywhere. As you know a Tsunami could be generated by an Earthquake  anywhere in the Pacific. Given enough time you may be able to get your boat out of the water and make it to high ground.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 04:47:34 PM by StreamFixer »
It's always good to have a plan.
It's always better to have a good plan.