News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Seattle Fly Fisher's 17' Sea Chaser Upgrades by Arima Facory

Started by Seattleflyfisher, March 14, 2011, 02:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seattleflyfisher

I picked up my boat today from Arima and after hooking it up. I just thought to myself......I am tired and very happy I am not starting another Arima project :facepalm:

Threeweight

Holy cow she's a looker!  Don and the gang outdid themselves!
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

fishing eagle

Wow that is one nice looking Arima! Now take it out on the water and enjoy it.
(Reel Delight) a 2001 Sea Ranger 19, 2003 Honda 90, 2010 Yamaha T8 w/power tilt, Panther T4 steering system, Hummingbird electronics, & Scotty 1116 electric downriggers.
U.S. Navy Veteran, member of U.S. Power Squadron & Past President of Lake George Fishing Alliance (Retired & ready to fish!)

Fish On

Man, the rollers of Vancouver Island have nothing on this post, as the initiator of this post you always hope some good will come of it.

I have felt from glad to bad to glad. Nothing to do now but to take all in stride and know that these things happen for a reason.

Buying a long distance boat is not without its perils and certainly not for the faint of heart of anyone who is averse to risk. From having to rely on pictures to third party surveys. Working out payment and shipment and all while wondering if it it all going to work out.

I have 21' SR on its way from south GA it is somewhere out there being towed by someone I have never met, and it won't be until I see it and touch it and have it hooked on my truck that I will breathe a sigh of relief... 

'04 21 SR HT/150 Honda - Yammie T8 - Lovin' it

StreamFixer

Quote from: Seattleflyfisher on March 14, 2011, 02:43:52 PM
I picked up my boat today from Arima and after hooking it up. I just thought to myself......I am tired and very happy I am not starting another Arima project :facepalm:

That is one sweet boat SFF....  You and Marine 40 will have a lot of good times with that.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Seattleflyfisher

It is made in the USA :applause:    By Arima :yeahthat:

When Don put it on it was to high so I took it off and fixed the holes and then lowered it to the right height. I have had 2 fixed mounts and love them.
You have to cut a hole and dig out the stuffing to add the nuts. I can take pictures if you would like them.

Fish On

Thanks, that would be great, it will give me an idea what I am in for. Especially knowing where to cut the access hole.

If you don't mind post them in 'tips 'n tricks' or the gallery and we can ditch this thread since it is going elsewhere....
'04 21 SR HT/150 Honda - Yammie T8 - Lovin' it

arimaed

Darren,

Your boat should be the prototype for the Luxury Class Sea Chaser model of boat for the sophisticated fisherman. I hope you invested in oversize fenders to prevent dock rash and scratches. I remember what your boat looked like when you first bought it and WOW what a transformation!

I hope you can now focus on enjoying the fruits of your labor. If you need another project I can have my SC there in a few hours! We can start on a new top sides and backdrop! (LOL)!

Ed

1985 17' Sea Chaser 1985 75hp Mercury and 1985 9.8hp Mercury

Markshoreline

Seattle Fly Fisher,
Is that an Arima kicker bracket?  It looks great.  May I ask you the cost of that, I'd like to change my adjustable Garelick for a fixer.
Thanks,
Mark
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Salmon King

I'm glad my boat don't look that darned good...I'd be VERY afraid to tow it let alone bloody it (lest I cannot get it clean again)!

Seriously SF...this is me... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:(green with envy).

Terry B.
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

croaker stroker

Wait...I think I see a speck of dirt...right there by the cleat... :bowdown:
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

StreamFixer

Come on SFF ....  You don't REALLY expect Marine 40 to get on that pig stye do you????   :hoboy:  If Croaker can see it clear from SoCal, it is serious business   :nono:  Clean up your act bgoy  :facepalm:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu