News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Project 17' SR (Picture Heavy)

Started by vxhatch, March 15, 2011, 03:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vxhatch

Sorry I haven't posted any updates in a while, been to busy trying to get it done for this Saturday  :biggrin:   

Well I finally got the motor all rigged up and ready to go.

Just need to do a few more little things and I am ready to go  :beerchug: Took the boat to town today to fill it up with gas. Pretty much ready  :gone_fishing:   Here she sits until Saturday morning.

2001 22' SeaSport Sportsman

vxhatch

I will also take some more detailed pictures once I get some more time   :biggrin:

Fish On

Looking good VX, really like the clean look with all the wires and hoses encased in the flex tube.

I'd be interested in seeing a pic of the ventilation plate relative to the keel. I know Johan would be too...

Are the lower bracket bolts in the bottom holes? We were playing around with the engine height setting.
'04 21 SR HT/150 Honda - Yammie T8 - Lovin' it

t2shortb

Dude, Looking  way sweet  :beerchug:

Gotta get out and spill some blood on that purdy deck this weekend!!!! :fishing:

Excellent work brother!!!
Women want me.... Fish fear me......
86 17SC  "Krippled Mullet"
2012 ETEC 115
2006/2003 Yamaha F8/F6 Frankin-clash (dont ask)

t2shortb

Not to mention you are going to have a 25k ride for what, under 10k invested?
Women want me.... Fish fear me......
86 17SC  "Krippled Mullet"
2012 ETEC 115
2006/2003 Yamaha F8/F6 Frankin-clash (dont ask)

vxhatch

Quote from: Fish On on May 05, 2011, 10:21:06 PM
Looking good VX, really like the clean look with all the wires and hoses encased in the flex tube.

I'd be interested in seeing a pic of the ventilation plate relative to the keel. I know Johan would be too...

Are the lower bracket bolts in the bottom holes? We were playing around with the engine height setting.

I used the 3rd hole down from the top. The plate is just above the bottom of the boat. I will let you know how it works, should be pretty close.

Nick

vxhatch

Quote from: t2shortb on May 05, 2011, 10:47:52 PM
Not to mention you are going to have a 25k ride for what, under 10k invested?

Yeah almost to 9k, but 3k of that is electronics. Still need to do canvas work and get a kicker. Also already made some side rails w/ rod holders and downrigger bases and a fixed kicker bracket I still need to put on. I will take more pictures soon.

Thanks,
Nick

CanvasGuy

Looking Great! :applause: a real Clean job all around..
now to get it bloody... we got the old 16 bloody yesterday.. :gone_fishing: we hope top see you out there Saturday..
:party: and The Canvas will just Sweeten the pot..sort ta speak.. :cha:
can't wait to cover ya up.. :wink: good Luck and see you soon.. :yeahthat:
Gary
Gary Smart
boatless  now
http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke

vxhatch

Quote from: CanvasGuy on May 06, 2011, 04:59:42 AM
Looking Great! :applause: a real Clean job all around..
now to get it bloody... we got the old 16 bloody yesterday.. :gone_fishing: we hope top see you out there Saturday..
:party: and The Canvas will just Sweeten the pot..sort ta speak.. :cha:
can't wait to cover ya up.. :wink: good Luck and see you soon.. :yeahthat:
Gary

Gary,

You fishing Sequim or PA Saturday? I will be out of PA.

Nick

arimaed

VX,

Great job! You boat looks outstanding. Looking forward to more pictures! I like the clean lines with no trim tape. Mine was so beaten up I removed it and like it better than before.

What size kicker are you going with? Are you installing downriggers on the new rails?

Ed
1985 17' Sea Chaser 1985 75hp Mercury and 1985 9.8hp Mercury

vxhatch

Took the boat out today for the maiden voyage  :biggrin: Took my friend Brandon (who helped me with with the project) his fiancee and my first mate.

Arrived in PA about 7am met up with my buddy boat. Launched the boat and it was a floating  :cha:
(photo is actually from when we were pulling out  :whistle:) My friend Brandon and my women.

Doing some drifts. New rails and rod holders working great.

Oh yeah.... Number 12 on my list "12. Get it bloody!!" was accomplished  :food:  Thank god I installed that washdown  :biggrin:

Couldn't ask for a better result for the first day in the new boat. No problems what so ever!  :party:

CanvasGuy

SWEET!!! nice pics..you certianlly wouldn't want carpet in it now.. :jester:
man o man.. that boat is the Sickest it could be...great work man.. I am just getting mine up to speed..need to fix several things..but my customers want there rides back so we all can go fishing..so I am off to work today.. gota get that big boat out of my Yard.. he's the guy that runs the sporting goods out a  Washburns GS,,, Neah Bay.. he wanted it done
by the 8th.. OH NO  thats today.. :doh:
LATER..

Gary
Gary Smart
boatless  now
http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke

SRanger

Looks like you went a few rounds with Chuck Wepner...a right and a left, another left and he is down!  Guess all that prep paid off in the end...plus that boat looks like something a seal team might use. 
99 19' Arima Sea Ranger HT,  Honda BF130/BF8.
88 17' Arima Sea Ranger ST,  Yamaha F80/Merc 8 (sold)

vxhatch

Quote from: arimaed on May 06, 2011, 03:04:33 PM

What size kicker are you going with? Are you installing downriggers on the new rails?

Ed

Looking for a Yamaha T8 or T9.9 for kicker. Yeah downrigger will be installed on the new rails. Have Scotty electrics to be installed.

Thanks,
Nick

vxhatch

Quote from: CanvasGuy on May 08, 2011, 06:40:04 AM
SWEET!!! nice pics..you certianlly wouldn't want carpet in it now.. :jester:
man o man.. that boat is the Sickest it could be...great work man.. I am just getting mine up to speed..need to fix several things..but my customers want there rides back so we all can go fishing..so I am off to work today.. gota get that big boat out of my Yard.. he's the guy that runs the sporting goods out a  Washburns GS,,, Neah Bay.. he wanted it done
by the 8th.. OH NO  thats today.. :doh:
LATER..

Gary

Thanks Gary looking forward to getting getting some new fabric  :biggrin:  Seen the big boat in your yard Saturday, but didn't see your boat in your carport, so must have been fishing still :biggrin:

vxhatch

Quote from: SRanger on May 08, 2011, 08:29:58 AM

Looks like you went a few rounds with Chuck Wepner...a right and a left, another left and he is down!  Guess all that prep paid off in the end...plus that boat looks like something a seal team might use. 

Hahaha... Yeah forgot my wood shampo (Beatin stick) and had to ust the fist......just kiddin, actually used a pipe jig haha... Sure was a bloody mess after cuttin the gills though.

GoodDays

I like to cut the gills while they are hanging over board... just tie them up with a short rope cut and let hang for a bit... Keeps a lot of the mess outside the boat !!!!!!

GoodDays Greg  :gone_fishing:
Go Canucks Go  :party:

vxhatch

Couple pictures from buddy boat last Saturday.

arimaed

Hi Nick,

What a great story! Good to see you enjoying the Arima after all the hard work. I can have mine to you this weekend if you need another project (LOL)!

The boat looks fantastic! Now I see why you would want a raw water wash down set up!

Ed
1985 17' Sea Chaser 1985 75hp Mercury and 1985 9.8hp Mercury

vxhatch

Just thought I would post a few updates of the project.

First I found a good deal on a 2010 Yamaha T9.9 XL shaft electric start & tilt that was in a accident and the insurance bought the guy a new one.
Some guy turned a little to soon and caught his trailer on the prop guard. Ended up breaking the swivel bracket and breaking off part of the cavitation plate where the prop guard bolted. Also some scratches. Other than that the kicker is like new.

A little welding and painting and you can hardly tell  :biggrin:

Also had my dad weld up my kicker bracket for me.

Also installed Lenco trim tabs with the LED switch. That was a great upgrade, I can't believe the difference they make. It is like a completely differant boat. Great upgrade and recommend it to anyone.

Also installed a new vhf (Lowrance LVR-880)

Finally made my fillet/bait table out of my left over starboard. This is another great upgrade that I recommend to anyone. No more bending over on the ocean to cut bait or tie gear up.

That is all for now. Only one thing left to do..... Go see the local canvas guy   :biggrin: Lot's more photos once that is done.  

StreamFixer

Really looking sweet Nick.  You are doing a great job.  :bowdown:   :bowdown:

I really like what you have done with the table too. :bowdown:

Actually, there are two things left to do,  yes Canvas soon,  but when do you go get the winning lottery ticket (s)?   :biggrin:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

chuckster

Great job on the fillet table!  I want to build one like that for putting pots on to sort crab.  Where did you get your starboard from?

Chuck
1987 Sea Chaser
115 HP Yami / 8 HP Merc
"When I die I hope my wife doesn't sell my fishing stuff for what I said I paid for it"

StreamFixer

In the Portland area Woody and I get starboard from TAP plastics.  They will cut to size so you don't have to purchase a full 96x54 sheet.  Spendy stuff.  :facepalm:

There is a reason everyone who uses it keeps the scraps and then finds something to do with it.  Costs too much to throw it away. :whistle:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Seattleflyfisher

Nice job on your Arima!!!!

You and I are at the same place now. This is what I am going to have made for my top.

Finish it off with To build a 3-sided enclosure in 60 mil Strataglass clear vinyl from the existing
hardtop. The curtain panels will zipper to a white heat-formed single-channel track, and a Toast Sunbrella
valance system. The port and starboard side curtain will include a chafe strip along where the aft hardtop
supports hit.

What are you doing with your top? ( Side curtain )

Salmon King

VX....I've been following your refit since the start and am both amazed and green with envy at your results.  IMO you're fairing much better than I at your refit.  Well done indeed!

There is this 1 small, tiny, miniscule thing that bothers me though.........

I WANT YOUR SKIFF TOP!!!!!!  Man...I gotta have one!

Terry B.
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)