News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Buying Outboards on the Internet

Started by Chief of the Boat, January 19, 2013, 04:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief of the Boat

theSaltyPuddle

Looks like some outstanding prices.  May be tough to get quality dealer service though.
1985 SC 17, 2017 Mercury 90Hp

Threeweight

I would be very cautious.  Check out the company profile... it shows their mailing address as:

Company Name:   BOLE Marine Trade Co.,Ltd.
Street Address:   Rome E-F,27th Floor,Ocean,No.805, Center,Carton Road,Kowloon,HongKong
City:   HongKong
Country/Region:    Hongkong
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Markshoreline

I imagine shipping charges would apply, but those are really outstanding prices if you could actually get a motor.

The one thing that gives me confidence (if it's not a typo :wink:) is:
Quote.Customers First is the service tenet of our company. We take customers as our god.

Now, that's how I like to be treated as a customer!!!
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

LvrWurst 21 SR Skip

At my age.....if it smells funny, I don't have to taste it. It appears to me that the prices posted would not even be close to the margins that a dealer would have to operate on....plus, what legal recourse or even resource could you rely on to correct an issue with these people.

Oh...I tried calling the owner...his name is   "Fook Yoo" (just kidding)

"Total Annual Sales Volume:             US$1 Million "  <<<<<<< That ain't nothin!
Company Information   
Company Name: BOLE Marine Trade Co.,Ltd. 
Street Address: Rome E-F,27th Floor,Ocean,No.805, Center,Carton Road,Kowloon,HongKong 
City: HongKong
Country/Region:  Hongkong
Telephone: 00852-5789654/ 0086-15759502141
Fax:
                          00852-57413583 
19' Jetcraft  Like new 115 Yami 4 Stroke 
SOLD  16 Sea Explorer - 17 SR Skip -19 SR Skip - 21 SR Skip

German Sausages are the WURST!

Chuck Jones

For a worldwide company, or one that aspires to be...they need someone to proof read their profile to put it into proper ENGRISH...I don't know, but I would be a little more than slightly cautious.  That price for a 150 Yami, if it's truly new and not refurbished...is unheard of.  The previous comment about shipping and possible unmentioned "handling charges" is something that needs to be clarified.  Since Hong Kong is no longer a Crown Colony, what is your recourse if things go sour?  That area is now under communist rule.  This is a Japanese motor coming from a Chinese port...what's the warranty?  Will Yami honor it thru these folks?  Too many questions need answering and the profile, to be honest....sucks.  Ok, so I'm a bit jaundiced.     :twocents:  :shrug9:
(91) 19' Sea Ranger HT....SOLD 5/2013
(07) 21' Sea Ranger HT.....SOLD 3/2014
(05) 21' Design Concepts ...4/20/14

I often have silent thoughts in my head, but sometimes I worry about what they're thinking

wedocq

As soon as I saw they had the Suzuki DF150 for $5700 I about jumped out of my seat, until I starting reading the description and it was in horrible broken english. Very similar to the emails you get when you post something on Craigslist!  :doh:
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

allpauwork

I've always felt that you get what you pay for.

Many years ago, I found some stereo shops in the south side of Los Angeles that had really good prices.  I later found out that many major electronic manufacturers made products specifically for the "brown" market which was items targeted to be sold south of the border.  Following this thought, there's someone of Craig's List from south of the border looking to buy used outboards and boats from California.

theSaltyPuddle

If it was bought online with a credit card insurance would cover it.
1985 SC 17, 2017 Mercury 90Hp

Chuck Jones

Sure, a credit card complaint and stop payment would be a potential recourse, but I'm not sure I'd want to go thru the hassle and time consuming process of doing it that way.   I'm not sure they'd accept a credit card for an international sale...if so, great.   I guess someone on this forum can be the guinea pig and let us all know how it went.  More power to you if you get a smokin' deal.  I spent a lot of time and effort tracking down the best deal I could find on a new motor...and it doesn't come even close to what they're offering this motor for.  The only way I could get what I consider as a great deal was to pay cash with a substantial down payment up front....thru an established and reputable US dealer.  The only two times I've been schnitzled, has been thru international transactions.  No real recourse...unless you know someone high up in the Triad organization..  :hoboy:

I often have silent thoughts in my head, but sometimes I worry about what they're thinking

LvrWurst 21 SR Skip

Hey Chuck.....how about shooting your Yami Rep Buddy an email with a copy of the ad and ask him to verify if it is legit and ask if has any input.
My rule: Buy from a reputable source that can back up the warranty while providing optimum service. I know several Six Pack Skippers favor the Suzuki engines as excellent equipment but will not buy as we do not have good local service resource. Respectfully, J W

wedocq

Just in case it's legit, I have have a Suzuki DF175 sitting in the "cart" waiting for the green light!  :1zhelp:
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

LvrWurst 21 SR Skip

WEDOCQ....Holy Crap....a DF175? That's gonna be a "Sit Down-Shut-Up 'N Hang On" engine upgrade. Ever thought about adding Hydro-Foils to your rig?  J. Doo

Ulua

My son and daughter in law live in Hong Kong, if anyone needs translation or anything else from white collar types they may be of some help in a transaction.
85  17 Sea Ranger
2009 Honda 90
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.  ~Steven Wright

Markshoreline

amazing grace

maybe we should do a "group buy" :whistle: Ulua, maybe your son came cordinate :bigshock:
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

Ulua

I'm sure he could, whats a 2005 bf90 with 180 hours worth? I might get a Yami as well.
85  17 Sea Ranger
2009 Honda 90
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.  ~Steven Wright

fishing eagle

If you're looking for a Yamaha or Honda outboard at decent prices, check out boats.net as they have a good website and are a trustworthy online reseller. I do know that Yamaha has a policy that they will not sell and warranty any outboard without a certified Yamaha dealer mounting it, adjusting and testing it. If you were to buy a Yammie from boats.net they must ship it to a Yamaha dealer in your area and then that dealer will do the install and initial start-up. They have different Yamaha dealer certifications or classifications where some sell boats & yammie motors as a package, some are authorized repair locations and other different classifications. Not all dealers are willing or can do the initial set-up of a Yamaha outboard purchased from another dealer such as Boats.net.

As others already stated, be careful and check out any seller before you invest your hard earned bucks.
(Reel Delight) a 2001 Sea Ranger 19, 2003 Honda 90, 2010 Yamaha T8 w/power tilt, Panther T4 steering system, Hummingbird electronics, & Scotty 1116 electric downriggers.
U.S. Navy Veteran, member of U.S. Power Squadron & Past President of Lake George Fishing Alliance (Retired & ready to fish!)

Chuck Jones

LiverWurst:  I think F/E said it all with respect to what Yami will do and what they won't.  They're committed to high quality products and keep it that way by having bonafide resellers and factory authorized businesses do the installs. That's why I'm skeptical about this Hong Kong "dealer".   I think the west coast rep Todd would say the same thing, since he represents Yami.  Great product, great dealers, super customer oriented Rep.  Can't say more.  Not demeaning any other product...just partial to Yami.  Admittedly biased.   :twocents:

Ulua

I asked my son to check this out for me his reply:

Dad,

The phone number is not okay. HK phone numbers have 8 numbers and their number only has 7. I also tried calling, but it doesn't work.

Chris

Out of curiosity I emailed them and this is their reply:

Re: Message from Yamaha Outboards
Inbox
x

yamahaoutboardssale <yamahaoutboardssale@gmail.com>
12:29 AM (5 hours ago)

to me
Many thanks for your inquiry about our products,
we are so sorry to reply to you so late.

We can supply 2013 Yamaha F115AETX 4 stroke 25'' shaft is 7480usd/pc,
shipping free by sea,the price including shipping fee,sale tax and insurance,
door to door delivery,it will take about 14-26 days delivery time,
the engine come with all gauges,controller and propeller,
the engine come with 6 years warranty with any Yamaha dealer.

According to the international practice,
we accept 30% payment deposit advanced by Bank Transfer,
70% payment by COD.
We will send your engine to you once we confirm the 30% deposit,
we will send the tracking prove to you after we send your engine,
so you can check and follow your engine.

Pls send us your name,address and phone number if you decide to buy the engine,
so we can make invoice,record your order and arrange the shipment about your engine
for you.
You would transfer the other 70% payment after you receive your engine .

Kinds,
Tony

LOL translation:
We are a good and noble company only take 30% of your hard earned money watch out for guys named Tony!
85  17 Sea Ranger
2009 Honda 90

Seattleflyfisher

Wow, that's funny. And now you are on there Spam list.

Sff

croaker stroker

Quote from: Ulua on January 21, 2013, 06:18:52 AM

LOL translation:

We are a good and noble company only take 30% of your hard earned money watch out for guys named Tony!

:jester:
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Chuck Jones

I guess the Nigerians are holding seminars on how to make money via the internet.   I'll bet these guys have a slogan...Rook wat I got fo U. 

Rangerman

It would be worth the time if you bought a kicker, $1400.00 30% is $420.00.
If you have fraud protection on a credit card.
Ok who is first?

Markshoreline

Why would they only charge 30% down?  That would put them at risk to lose 70% plus shipping and handling.  Not a very good business model in my mind!  Sounds too good to be true.