Author Topic: 19' Sea Chaser  (Read 998 times)

Offline trorun

19' Sea Chaser
« on: January 12, 2013, 05:07:10 AM »
May I ask where did you get the hardtop made.  I have the 19 here on the east coast and want to get a hardtop or skip tower made.  Any info would be much appreciated.  I agree with your add, there is not abetted 19ft fishing boat.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 03:17:40 AM by Seattleflyfisher »

Offline amazing grace

Re: Re: 19' Sea Chaser FOR SALE!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 05:37:29 AM »
I thought you had your boat up for sale at one time, not long ago?

Since his add is a bit old and is now sold I will chime in. I believe he moved his Skiff top from a 17'er he had previously. I believe it was a factory made top.
There is a thread I believe titled something like Skiff vs Skip or hard top? You may search it for more info. I do not believe there were all the many Skiff top boats made iirc. Hope that helps.
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

Offline trorun

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 05:26:12 PM »
No, I decided to hold on to it.  I sold both the Honda 135 and the Honda 8 and repowered with an  Etec 130.  Best move I ever made, took about 175 lbs off the stern, the 130 trolls all day sipping fuel and the boats performance is significantly better than it ever was with the Hondas.   Now I qjust want to find a skip tower.  I contacted Salt Boss'S company about his tops, and I am waiting for a reply.

Offline amazing grace

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 08:39:14 AM »
Congrats on the new Motor T, I bet it is awesome. Was there a significant difference between a 115 and a 130 e-tec?

Maybe show us some pix of the new set up.
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

Offline Grizzle

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 04:41:12 PM »
Trorun if I missed your communication please try again and I'll give you the secret number you can use to get a hold of me night and day via text or voice.   Sometimes I get really really focused and I miss stuff so just SMS me on the bossphone.   

Secret number listed in my signature  :biggrin: 
Brook Stockton - My Boat: Mighty Molly - The Fish Monger - Arima SeaChaser 16 - Soft SkipTower and "The Rack"

SALTBOSS™ MARINE - Offshore Marine Products & Fabrication - http://saltbossmarine.com - brook@saltbossmarine.com - 206-953-SALT (7258)

Offline trorun

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 04:55:14 PM »
No problem, I will get in touch with you.  .  No hurry, I want to talk to you about your fishing structures  arch or soft top tower.  I will be in touch.  Right now I am trying to get some pics out to Amazing Grace. 

Offline trorun

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 05:06:12 PM »
Good evening Amazing Grace,  To answer your question, the difference between a 115 and a 130 etec was about $ 1000.00.
They are basically the same engine, they weigh in at 390 lbs.  since I posted last i did a weight comparison between the two set ups i had.  The two honda Engines BF 135  485lbs plus the Honda 8 at 107 lbs, add to that an aluminum mounting plate 10lbs, and a Garelick heavy duty backet 30lbs adn you get a grand total of 632 libs of weight on the stern.  This compared to the single ETEC of 390 lbs is 242 lbs less on the stern.  The performance pick up on the 19 ft hull was amazing.

Offline GregE

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 07:33:30 PM »
Pretty boat!!  Lots of rod holders-  Walleye trolling?
Greg
Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT; SL 22 Honda 225
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:  Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat;
SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Offline trorun

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 08:16:50 PM »
Some for walleye, mostly steelhead,browns and salmon, NY finger lakes, Lake Ontario and Lake Erie.  When the ice breaks and the fish are up near the surface we run lots of rods and spread them out with planers and divers,so you need a lot of rod holders.  lots of fun.

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 03:17:41 PM »
Is your Sea Chaser still available ?

Offline trorun

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 04:52:58 PM »
Last year, I could not get a bite on this with the two Hondas and electronics at $ 27 k, so I decided to repower  with an ETEC 130 .  It's working great now for me unless there was an offer I couldn't refuse :arms: :arms:

Offline wedocq

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 08:09:36 PM »
Trorun,
Dang dude! You are set up for some West Coast Albacore tuna fishing with all those rod holders. Nice looking boat!
-Shawn
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki DF175 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

Offline StreamFixer

• Administrator
  • Fisherman
  • Have Rod, Will Travel
  • View Gallery
    • StreamFix
Re: 19' Sea Chaser
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 08:15:15 AM »
If you were to add a couple spreader bars you could get serious about the number of lines you have out   :wink: :clap:

When all those holders are full, there must be almost as many $$$ in fishing gear as there is in the boat   :whistle:

StreamFixer
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top
'03 Yamaha 115 EFI
'05 Yamaha T8 Solas 4 blade prop

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu'

Offline trorun

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 02:48:18 PM »
Yea, when we run a full spread, we have 4 on the riggers with two of them cheated, then we run wire and dipseys two sets per side, then finish it off with lead cores and coppers at different lengths. Total is twelve and on some real calm days we may sneak one or two more.  Gets a little tricky at times when a big Steele or Atlantic runs the gauntlet through the spread. I had spreaders on my 21,  we run in line planers a lot on the outboards.  Don't get me wrong, we don't run this many all the time. There are some days when the bite is hot, it is all you can do to keep 3 to 4 in the water.

Offline Chuck Jones

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 09:54:37 PM »
I take it that you don't reel in your lines when you get one on...you just leave it in gear to keep the lines out straight and keep them from tangling??  That's multi-tasking taken to the infinite level.  I guess you don't turn very sharply do you??
(91) 19' Sea Ranger HT....SOLD 5/2013
(07) 21' Sea Ranger HT.....SOLD 3/2014
(05) 21' Design Concepts ...4/20/14

I often have silent thoughts in my head, but sometimes I worry about what they're thinking

Offline Threeweight

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 10:22:23 PM »
With Tuna! trolling we leave our lines out... as the boat slows, we will sometimes hook up an additional fish or two as the lures drop (especially swim baits).  We call that hooking up "on the dangle".  Becomes quite exciting with 3 or 4 fish on, 2 guys, and 6 lines in the water.

When you are not fighting the fish, they tend to just pull steady on direction (away from the resistance of the rod).
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Wild Card, Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220, Honda 225 and 9.9

“Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed.”
       --- Hunter S. Thompson